Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Called a friend in DELHI. He inquired with computer infinite - nehru place, they are quoting Rs 2750 for 2GB KINGSTON DDR3 RAM. Lets wait for thunder.02dragon to reply.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Called a friend in DELHI. He inquired with computer infinite - nehru place, they are quoting Rs 2750 for 2GB KINGSTON DDR3 RAM. Lets wait for thunder.02dragon to reply.

what happened !!! looks like the price of ram increased everywhere. ok i'll pm u the no of thunder, u may call him as he not visit this forum on regular basis.

if u can find the gigabyte 460W, its your best & safest option at your above mentioned budget.

i see it other way, with Intel releasing Sandy Bridges by 2011, which wil ask for its own bit of premium, AMD wil bring out its Llano (part of fusion, codenamed Bulldozer) which i think wil surely cost less as most ppls favor Intel only.

as for this year, AMD wil continue slash prices as the i3's & i5's gets more & more budget friendly. X4 620 already available for 4.5k. X4 955 should come down to 7k by summer days if i5 750 gets price down to 9k. all in all good for us, the consumers :razz:

ok, what you say is also right, I thought for atleast i7 series which are very old yet no drop in prices since launch(only marginal),
any idea of ga x58A ud3 and ud5 (the new revised series from gigabyte) m/b price and availability - and any possibility of price drop in them in coming quarter.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ok, what you say is also right, I thought for atleast i7 series which are very old yet no drop in prices since launch(only marginal),
any idea of ga x58A ud3 and ud5 (the new revised series from gigabyte) m/b price and availability - and any possibility of price drop in them in coming quarter.

well bro not much chance Intel wil lower price any further in i7 series. not until AMD thumban(or something by that name) out. even then theres not much a chance. also i a real noob in these highend sections :oops:.

^^
Intel will never lower prices. See the Quads ...so expensive still. The LGA775.

in 1 word, INTEL IS SELFISH.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
That is why its one of the worlds biggest companies...!

Sam by "kawwa"? you mean : Krow. Who USED to post here.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
its opportunistic:razz:

yup. its their time to make money. lots of money.

^^
That is why its one of the worlds biggest companies...!

Sam by "kawwa"? you mean : Krow. Who USED to post here.

+1. they know when to strike. give u 1 good example? HT, i mean hyper threading was in P4. it vanished in C2***. y? & it again appeared in Nahalem. y? y? y? cause Intel were already ahead of AMD in the Core2 arena. so they saved HT for future use. & when they seen AMD mercilessly thrash their Core2 processors in price to performance race they brought back the HT back. i tell it smartest move Intel made in years.

yes asigh, i mean krow. where have he vanished? captured by some new crow catcher? or went in hibernation?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
yes asigh, i mean krow. where have he vanished? captured by some new crow catcher? or went in hibernation?

You 'might' catch him at this nest.

*webchat.freenode.net/

Choose any alias you want, and the channel will be #Krow. Am going there right now.

techani

Journeyman
Guys plz help me.
i need a pc for a cousin brother. The range will be 11-13K. i havent bought a pc for many months and thats why dont know whats going on in the market. Plz help me with the configurations.
Waiting for replies.
Thank you...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Guys plz help me.
i need a pc for a cousin brother. The range will be 11-13K. i havent bought a pc for many months and thats why dont know whats going on in the market. Plz help me with the configurations.
Waiting for replies.
Thank you...

Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz @ 2.8k
ECS A785GM-M3 @ 3.2k
Kingston 2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM @ 2.3k
500Gb Seagate @ 2.3k
LG 20X @ 1k
Zebronics Bijli @ 1.5K
Benq/LG 17" @ ~5k (should be)
Numeric 600Va @ 1.6k
Logitech Keyboard & mouse @ 0.6k
cheap speakers @ 0.3k

to lower prices further you'll have to get AMD sempron, 320Gb HDD, 1Gb DDR2 ram. but they wil make PC slower as hell rather than make any lot of price difference. switch to smaller monitor size is a good way reduce price.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Guys,

Need your suggestions again.

DDR3 RAM price has increased, and its now Rs 5700 for 4GB

I want you to tell me, if i really need 4 GB RAM.

Wont 2GB DDR3 suffice ? My usage is primarily browsing and connecting to office network via VPN and doing remote connection.

I am not in to games as such, and i going for the ASUS M4A78STD-V-EVO which comes with 128 MB Sideport memory for the onboard HD4200 graphics card.

MONITOR is DELL ULTRA SHARP 19" wide screen

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Guys,

Wont 2GB DDR3 suffice ? My usage is primarily browsing and connecting to office network via VPN and doing remote connection.

I am not in to games as such, and i going for the ASUS M4A78STD-V-EVO which comes with 128 MB Sideport memory for the onboard HD4200 graphics card.

2Gb wil suffix. just don't allocate system memory to graphics memory. 128Mb DDR3 inbuilt is more than enough for the graphics if you not into gaming or lot of multimedia work.

abhadi

Broken In
Hi guys,
Been Planning to get a new 2.1 Speakers ... budget around 3k... How about Altec Lansing VS4121 ?? ...
Been using Altec Lansing BX1121 .... kinda like Altec.... :)

Do drop in ur opinions....

Piyush

Lanaya
Guys,

hey dont worry if u r not into gaming
2gb is enuf for of tasks
SMC International sold me G.Skill 2gb for 2700 a cupl of months ago
gr8 performance:-D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
which mobo shud i go for...:?:

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX
Rs.6,650.00/-

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX
Rs.7,350.00/-

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX
Rs.8,150.00/-

MSI LGA1156 VGA Micro ATX Motherboard H55M-E33
Rs.3,375.00/-

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
yup. its their time to make money. lots of money.

+1. they know when to strike. give u 1 good example? HT, i mean hyper threading was in P4. it vanished in C2***. y? & it again appeared in Nahalem. y? y? y? cause Intel were already ahead of AMD in the Core2 arena. so they saved HT for future use. & when they seen AMD mercilessly thrash their Core2 processors in price to performance race they brought back the HT back. i tell it smartest move Intel made in years.
@ sam.shab
Yes, ht is an ace in intel's card but there's more than this that allows intel to smack amd in performance wars.The nehalem architecture is simply superior in both performance & efficiency owing to the higher transistor count and the communication paths employed like QPI(Quick path interconnect).

Clock per clock nehalem cpu's simply bludgeon their amd counter parts now.
The non ht cpu i.e the core i5 750 is performing better than say the 965be(amd's top of the line cpu) and is even more efficient.So ht just broaden's this performance gap even wider.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom