Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ sam.shab
Yes, ht is an ace in intel's card but there's more than this that allows intel to smack amd in performance wars.The nehalem architecture is simply superior in both performance & efficiency owing to the higher transistor count and the communication paths employed like QPI(Quick path interconnect).

Clock per clock nehalem cpu's simply bludgeon their amd counter parts now.
The non ht cpu i.e the core i5 750 is performing better than say the 965be(amd's top of the line cpu) and is even more efficient.So ht just broaden's this performance gap even wider.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@ sam.shab
Yes, ht is an ace in intel's card but there's more than this that allows intel to smack amd in performance wars.The nehalem architecture is simply superior in both performance & efficiency owing to the higher transistor count and the communication paths employed like QPI(Quick path interconnect).

Clock per clock nehalem cpu's simply bludgeon their amd counter parts now.
The non ht cpu i.e the core i5 750 is performing better than say the 965be(amd's top of the line cpu) and is even more efficient.So ht just broaden's this performance gap even wider.

but amd got license of X86 architecture. why can't they use HT? or according to license only Intel allowed use of HT. i really confused in this part :?

yah, thats true, Nahalem architecture is best damn thing of 2009 to watch out for :razz:. & it rightfully shown why. drowning amd's flagship cpu by their midrange i5 proccy. not to mention i7's. amd's HT (hyper transport) is no match for QPI, sadly. waiting for AMD Thuban. hope it makes a dent in intel's ships.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

which mobo shud i go for...:?:

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX
Rs.6,650.00/-

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX
Rs.7,350.00/-

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX
Rs.8,150.00/-

MSI LGA1156 VGA Micro ATX Motherboard H55M-E33
Rs.3,375.00/-

u were suppose to go for P55 (siggy shows). changed your mind?:-D:-D:-D

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ KaranTh85

Buddy why don't go for msi p55 cd 53. Priced around 7k its as good as the gigabyte board.

If you're buying i5 750 then stick with p55 boards as you won't benefit anything from h55.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
can anyone tell me whats the advantage of having all solid caps in a mobo? its says longer lifespan of 40,000hrs. but do we really need? i mean a mobo bought today wil be outdated by 5-7yrs & so a full fledge replacement of the mobo + proccy is necessary. so is there any particular advantage of these solid caps? does it helps in OC?

& is heatsink over Mosfet really important? can't they be fan cooled by the cabby's side fans?

i not wanted created new thread for this small confusion so posted here as this thread should deal with all basic pc related issues.

vndprkh.09

Broken In
PLS HELP ME OUT TO SORT OUT THIS..
processor-i7-920 processor
OS-window 7 professional
EXTERNAL HARDRIVE-trancend storejet25M
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE-logtech cordless desktop mx5500
INTERNAL HARD DRIVE-
GRAPHICS CARD-
SOUND CARD-
MOTHERBOARD
RAM-
OPTICAL DRIVE-
POWER SUPPLY
-
MONITOR-
``PLS TELL ME THIS WITH A OVERALL COST UNDER 80-85K
AND UNDER BEST COMPATIBILITY.AND CONTACT DETAILS
u can even change my decided spec.to meet compatibility or price

Last edited:

rajesh14feb

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys..
I need ur help. actually one of my frnd hv to buy a pc in the range 17-20 k. So he asked me for the good configuration bt i dont know whats going on in the market as i was nt in touch for few years. So please help me with the configurations.
Thank you...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hey guys..
I need ur help. actually one of my frnd hv to buy a pc in the range 17-20 k. So he asked me for the good configuration bt i dont know whats going on in the market as i was nt in touch for few years. So please help me with the configurations.
Thank you...

Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz @ 2.8k
Biostar TA785G A3 @ 3.7k
Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 2.2k
Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB @ 2k
LG 22X Sata: 1.1k
Zebronics Bijli @ 1.5K
BenQ G2020HD 20" LCD Monitor @ 6.5k
Logitech Internet Desktop: 0.6k

total: 20.4k. total should be just below 21k after inc tax. pc can be used for causal gaming as well. to reduce price simply opt for 18.5" LCD @ 5.5k

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
can anyone tell me whats the advantage of having all solid caps in a mobo? its says longer lifespan of 40,000hrs. but do we really need? i mean a mobo bought today wil be outdated by 5-7yrs & so a full fledge replacement of the mobo + proccy is necessary. so is there any particular advantage of these solid caps? does it helps in OC?

& is heatsink over Mosfet really important? can't they be fan cooled by the cabby's side fans?

i not wanted created new thread for this small confusion so posted here as this thread should deal with all basic pc related issues.

Well theoretically solid stat capacitors should last longer, since the liquid electrolytic compound should not dry out. A nice mix of science and marketing...!

What you mean by mosfet...which one...?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Well theoretically solid stat capacitors should last longer, since the liquid electrolytic compound should not dry out. A nice mix of science and marketing...!

Obviously voltage regulator mosfets.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

yah, but is there any disadvantage of having a broad with electrolyte caps? i mean it should last 5ys easily. won't it? before the capacitors start to dry out.

Obviously voltage regulator mosfets.

yup, the voltage regulator. chokes. i not sure if its present in Intel chipset boards but seen them in AMD boards. so asking.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@ KaranTh85
Buddy why don't go for msi p55 cd 53. Priced around 7k its as good as the gigabyte board.

If you're buying i5 750 then stick with p55 boards as you won't benefit anything from h55.

oh ya i will get dat if i dont find giga p55 mobo on LT Road...:|
Btw..whats the model no of MSI P55 (is there any new version like 1.1 or 2.0 etc) bcoz some vendors sell old version stocks...:evil:

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

^^
Man do not know what this guy is doing. Have been advising him like for 3 months...! Cute...!

y this word???

KNIFER-T

Right off the assembly line
Re: Basic Guide To Purchase a Low Budget Extreme Gaming PC

Need a new PC, but don't have a lot of money? I'll show you how to build a machine.. by Which you can do everything from extreme gaming to video encoding....for Rs 47000
Cheap But a very Powerful Machine...

*www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/nzxt-lexa-s_1.jpg

For Gaming PC, the majority of the budget goes to the Video Card and the Processor to ensure high performance in high games, as well as good power supply and good cooling.. of the components, to ensure reliability.

A.Cabinet - NZXT LEXA S Crafted
Lexa S is designed for enhanced airflow with capability for 5 fans including 120mm fans on the front, side, and exhaust with a 140 mm fan on top. NZXT includes the side, rear, top, and front fans along with a fan controller.
NZXT LEXA S Crafted Price Rs 5000

*i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv11/praxum/nzxt%20lexa%20s/nzxt-lexa-s-103.jpg

B.Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 945
Even though Intel was first to launch Quad-core processor, but AMD has made it cheaper...
Quad-core processor is needed for extreme gaming.
AMD Phenom II X4 945 Price Rs 8100

*xtreview.com/images/AMD%20phenom%20II%20X4%20945.jpg

C. Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P
Price Rs 6859

Specification

* Socket Type AM3
* CPU Type Phenom II X4 / Phenom II X3
* FSB 5200 MT/s
* Northbridge AMD 770
* Southbridge AMD SB710
* Memory Standard DDR3 1666(O.C.)/1333/1066
* Memory Slots 4x240pin
* Max. Memory 16GB
* Dual Channel Support Yes
* PCI Express x16 2.0 1
* PCI Express x1 4
* PCI Slots 2
* SATA 3 Gb/sec 6
* SATA RAID 0/1/0+1
* Onboard Audio Chipset Realtek ALC888
* Audio Channels 8 Channels
* Onboard LAN Chipset Realtek 8111C/D
* LAN Speed 10/100/1000Mbps
* Onboard USB 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers Support 4 USB 2.0
* PS/2 2
* USB 8xUSB 2.0
* IEEE 1394 2 x IEEE 1394a
* S/PDIF Out 1x Optical, 1x Coaxial
* Audio Ports 6 Ports
* Form Factor ATX
* Dimensions 12.0 x 8.2(inches)

*benchmarkreviews.com/images/reviews/motherboards/gigabyte_ma770t_ud3p/gigabyte_ma770t_ud3p_angle.jpg

D. Graphic card - Sapphire Radeon HD 5770.
The Radeon 5770 supports DirectX 11 and it is perfect for gaming at 1680 x 1050 or some 1920 x 1080 (1080p), althought you might have to lower the details a bit depending on the video game. It also has a 1GB of memory buffer, to handle games such as GTA: 4.
Speeds & Feeds

* Engine clock speed: 850 MHz
* Processing power (single precision): 1.36 TeraFLOPS
* Polygon throughput: 850M polygons/sec
* Data fetch rate (32-bit): 136 billion fetches/sec
* Texel fill rate (bilinear filtered): 34 Gigatexels/sec
* Pixel fill rate: 13.6 Gigapixels/sec
* Anti-aliased pixel fill rate: 54.4 Gigasamples/sec
* Memory clock speed: 1.2 GHz
* Memory data rate: 4.8 Gbps
* Memory bandwidth: 76.8 GB/sec
* Maximum board power: 108 Watts
* Idle board power: 18 Watts

*www.tcmagazine.com/images/news/Hardware/AMD_Radeon/AMD_Radeon_HD_5770_06.jpg

Finally, it is HDCP Ready and will handle Blu-Ray and other 1080p content playback, with audio over HDMI as well, no matter what kind of audio setup you throw at it.
Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 PRICE Rs 11000

E. RAM - CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1333 (PC3 10666)
4GB of RAM is pretty much mandatory to handle the latest video games along with Windows and background background such as your anti-virus, music/video player, etc.
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1333 Price Rs 6500

*www.scan.co.uk/Images/Products/1030825-a.jpg

F. Power Supply - CORSAIR 650W ATX12V ATX
Corsair power supplies are known for being some of the most reliable in the industry.
CORSAIR 650W ATX12V ATX Price Rs6400

*www.komplett.se/img/p/400/340676.jpg

G.Dvd Writer - Sony AD-7240S Price Rs 1534

*www.scan.co.uk/Images/Products/1005139-a.jpg

H.Hard Disk - Seagate Barracuda 7200 Price Rs 2375

*www.pcbees.com/images/Seagate_Barracuda-2.jpg

Enjoy

-KNIFER-T

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The NZXT LEXA S Crafted Price Rs 5000 looks downright sexy....but r there any cabby available under 4~3k which also gives better cooling :-o

amitjha

Broken In
Athlon II X2 240 2.8GHz @ 2.8k
Biostar TA785G A3 @ 3.7k
Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 2.2k
Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB @ 2k
LG 22X Sata: 1.1k
Zebronics Bijli @ 1.5K
BenQ G2020HD 20" LCD Monitor @ 6.5k
Logitech Internet Desktop: 0.6k

total: 20.4k. total should be just below 21k after inc tax. pc can be used for causal gaming as well. to reduce price simply opt for 18.5" LCD @ 5.5k

Guys even i need to build a new system in about 20-21k. However my requirements are slightly diffrent. I even asked about it earlier but at that tym my budget was just 15k, so i saved money 4 two months and now want to buy new system in this week.

Well I can't buy a monitor ryt now(will buy nxt month) and already hav speakers, and keyboard mouse. So bascially i need a cabinet, mobo, CPU, GFX card, RAM, DVD writer, HDD, and a good PSU to support all this. GFX card should be gud enuf to play games like COD4 at gud resolutions(will be buying a HD LCD).
So please suggest a config which fits in my budget.
Also could you people suggest a shop in nehru place, delhi where i can get products suggested by you guys coz in many shops in nehru place i couldn't find brands like corsair, Coolermaster etc. so any help in this regard would be highly appreciated(any website of a delhi based seller will also be good, i see many links to mumbai based sellers on the forum) .

Thanks a lot in advance to all those who take out time to reply....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom