Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

prvprv

Journeyman
Hi all, I hav decided to buy Samsung 2033 monitor. Im not a gamer but i want to get a gfx card(with dvi port) which can improve the movie watching experience on my new LCD monitor. my budget for the card is 2.5k max. So please suggest a good card which will be good with samsung 2033 and the kind of dvi cable that shud be bought.

niladrisde

Dhishum
if linux is going to be your main platform, stick to nvidia or intel. ati sucks at linux drivers.

Thanks a lot desiibond, that is the advice I was looking for... Let me concentrate for Intel/NVidia stuff only and not AMD/ATI.

I know my budget is pretty low, but only looking for a file server (only will be running CVS on it), and occasionally will use it for browsing, and torrent download. No performance-heavy stuff. I was in fact inclined to go for even D945GCLF (the single core atom board), but I guess that would be very-low in terms of performance... :cry: I thought D945GCLF2 would be just fine for my needs, but it is not available in Kolkata :cry: :cry:

But I am no pro in these, please advise... :oops:

icebags

Technomancer
Thanks a lot desiibond, that is the advice I was looking for... Let me concentrate for Intel/NVidia stuff only and not AMD/ATI.

I know my budget is pretty low, but only looking for a file server (only will be running CVS on it), and occasionally will use it for browsing, and torrent download. No performance-heavy stuff. I was in fact inclined to go for even D945GCLF (the single core atom board), but I guess that would be very-low in terms of performance... :cry: I thought D945GCLF2 would be just fine for my needs, but it is not available in Kolkata :cry: :cry:

But I am no pro in these, please advise... :oops:

if atom doesnt suffice ur needs , then sempron/celeron comes next ! :shock:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^battle between HD4850 and GTS250 is like a see saw battle. I back GTS250 here due to lower heat consumption and better driver support.

also, Palit GTX260 sonic is awesome.

Yup, the battle was between 9800GTX+ and HD4850 :p. I don't have any of those so I'm not going for battle :p

I suggested GTS250 mainly for it's good performance, better driver support for both windows and Linux :p & for video encoding using cuda :p

@ damngoodman - I believe your experiences and yes, I also used to visit guru3d site for reviews :p

I know each one of us is using our efforts to give best suggestions possible. Cheers :p

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Yup, the battle was between 9800GTX+ and HD4850 :p. I don't have any of those so I'm not going for battle :p

I suggested GTS250 mainly for it's good performance, better driver support for both windows and Linux :p & for video encoding using cuda :p

@ damngoodman - I believe your experiences and yes, I also used to visit guru3d site for reviews :p

I know each one of us is using our efforts to give best suggestions possible. Cheers :p

Hey u 100% correct yaar , i never refused still say Nvidia GTS 250 worth especially LINUX thing , i say u i sold HD 4850 bought GTX260 because of that ATI no support for LINUX & still i love Nvidia for their strong grafix of Physx

Just wanted to tell the reviewers never gone accurate - i dono y ?? may the brands pays money to reviewers ??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^those reviewers never consider linux and physx and when doing reviews. all they concentrate on is synthetic benchmarks and fps.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^^those reviewers never consider linux and physx and when doing reviews. all they concentrate on is synthetic benchmarks and fps.

Which benchmarking tool they use , some of the game never comes with tools , will they use FRAPS , Ohh FRAPS never show correct ??

Did u remember desi on the burnout paradise all of them 60 FPS ?? same wen using fraps

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Yeah. I don't think it is fraps. Most of them will be using time demo. here is what guru3D used for their GTX275 review:

Software benchmark suite

* Far Cry 2
* Dead Space
* Fallout 3
* Call of Duty 5: World at War
* Crysis WARHEAD
* Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway
* Mass Effect
* 3DMark Vantage
* Tom Clancy HAWX

drsubhadip

In the zone
Do u know anything about iball tarang 2:1 speaker,
which speaker can i buy
altec lansing bxr 1221 is not available
and i'm buying palit 9600gt graphics card
is it compatibles with my following configuration

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if you want to play games at FullHD 9600GT will definitely struggle. if you are okay to sacrifice texture quality and AA and resolution, go for it.

drsubhadip

In the zone
Well thanks my friend:)tell me which speaker to buy:)creative inspire then which number.please suggest some thing.also one thing if u know any good speaker of altec lansing with in 3 k:)please suggest me with number me the model please

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
if you want to play games at FullHD 9600GT will definitely struggle. if you are okay to sacrifice texture quality and AA and resolution, go for it.

Dude. Does the 9600GT handle games @ high settings in my 15" LCD? Or do i need to go for HD4670?
Another question is, Will a 9600GSO 768MB DDR3 192bit beat a 9600GT?
Does it play Crysis,GTA4 @ maxed out in my 5" monitor? I ought to buy a gfx card only to play GTA 4 as i was just left the game incompleted. Please guys, tell me whether i buy a 9600GSO @ 3.5k or a 9600GT @ 4.5k?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude. Does the 9600GT handle games @ high settings in my 15" LCD? Or do i need to go for HD4670?
Another question is, Will a 9600GSO 768MB DDR3 192bit beat a 9600GT?
Does it play Crysis,GTA4 @ maxed out in my 5" monitor? I ought to buy a gfx card only to play GTA 4 as i was just left the game incompleted. Please guys, tell me whether i buy a 9600GSO @ 3.5k or a 9600GT @ 4.5k?

9600GT is enough to Handle most of the games @ 1024*768 resolution with high or ultra high settings. As regarding crysis it will give you around 30-32 @ 1024*768 with Very settings and no AA.

9600GSo can not handle those additional rams efficiently hence there will be no performance gain @ 1024*768 resolution.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
@ topgear

wat abt HD 4670 comparing to 9600GT , he is much worried which is best VFM even i too had confusion between them which is truly worth ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom