Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Well thanks my friend:)tell me which speaker to buy:)creative inspire then which number.please suggest some thing.also one thing if u know any good speaker of altec lansing with in 3 k:)please suggest me with number me the model please
forget about creative inspire for 3k budget. they are not so good sounding speakers anymore. look for altec lansing VS4121

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i can vouch for altec lansing vs4121. been using them since over a year. fantastic and i feel its way better than inspire which many of my friends have.

sachinmu.1995

fully functional idiotbox
hey choto cheeta, is the tv tuner card necessary for the 66k model?? and does the motherboard have a built in ethernet controller. this is the 1st time im customising my comp so ill need a little help

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
9600GT is enough to Handle most of the games @ 1024*768 resolution with high or ultra high settings. As regarding crysis it will give you around 30-32 @ 1024*768 with Very settings and no AA.

9600GSo can not handle those additional rams efficiently hence there will be no performance gain @ 1024*768 resolution.

So does that mean the i shouldn't buy the 9600GSO 768MB and need to go for 9600GT?

Please guys tell me which one to go? I am very confused between 4670 @ 4.2k / 9600GT @ 4.5k/ 9600GSO 768MB@3.5k?

As far as me, i would prefer GSO as it'd be the prefect fit for my budget?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ damngoodman999 and @ rajkumar_pb - 9600GSO and 9600GT both requires external power through 6 pin pci-e power connector.

So ther's is no point in getting 9600GSO. 9600GSO gives performance somewhat equal to
HD4670.

But 9600GT is a completly different beast. Go for it. :p

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@topgear

Will it work with my PSU? Its a generic 450W PSU guys.:razz: I got a sweet deal of Palit 9600GT 512MB DDR3 for 3.5k. Thats why i am rushing up things.

sathi143

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys, i am going to buy a new PC, after searching the whole list am settled with the following..
amd phenom II x2 550
gigabyte ma78gm-us2h
samsung 2233 sw
cooler master 335
corsair vx 450w
Palit GTS250
4gb Transcend DDR3 1333MHz

but as usual i have some questions to ask
1) Should i stick with that amd or change that to intel dual core.
2) As i have a GPU is it better to have a mobo with no graphics support (coz its cheap), if i go for cheap mobo i can increase my GPU budget.
3) Is the Palit GTS250 good or should i look for some thing else

i am buying this one only for games and movies..

waiting for ur replies

Thanks.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) stick to X2 550
2) don't think so. Gigabyte and ASUS no-onboard mobos are around 9k afaik.
3) GTS250 is a good buy. go for it. But since you are going for FullHD display, my suggestion would be Palit GTX260 Sonic for 10.5k

Krow

Crowman
^Your motherboard is DDR2 and not DDR3 compatible. You will have to get a DDR3 compatible motherboard for DDR3 ram.

Palit GTS 250 is great. Change mobo to Biostar 785G or Gigabyte 785G-UD2H as 780 chipset is outdated. Else the config is great.

sachinmu.1995

should i go for the zotac gts 250 amp! graphics card or stick 2 the 9600gt?? and does the motherboard have a ethernet controller built in?? i want the graphics gard to play gta 4 in high level settings

Krow

Crowman
GTA 4 doesn't depend heavily on GFX. Its a CPU intensive game and the Phenom II X2 will come into play there.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@topgear

Will it work with my PSU? Its a generic 450W PSU guys.:razz: I got a sweet deal of Palit 9600GT 512MB DDR3 for 3.5k. Thats why i am rushing up things.

Can you mention the ampere rating of +12V rail ( your hardware config ). It should be atleast 19A :p

BTW, the price you are getting is just awesome :p
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Hi guys, i am going to buy a new PC, after searching the whole list am settled with the following..
amd phenom II x2 550
gigabyte ma78gm-us2h
samsung 2233 sw
cooler master 335
corsair vx 450w
Palit GTS250
4gb Transcend DDR3 1333MHz

but as usual i have some questions to ask
1) Should i stick with that amd or change that to intel dual core.
2) As i have a GPU is it better to have a mobo with no graphics support (coz its cheap), if i go for cheap mobo i can increase my GPU budget.
3) Is the Palit GTS250 good or should i look for some thing else

i am buying this one only for games and movies..

waiting for ur replies

Thanks.

The mobo you talked about supports DDR2.

If you want DDR3 based mobo get ASUS M4A78STD-V-EVO @ Rs. 6.7-7K.
For gfx card upgrade I recommend either palit or zotac GTX 260. That should be a real upgrade :p

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
should i go for the zotac gts 250 amp! graphics card or stick 2 the 9600gt?? and does the motherboard have a ethernet controller built in?? i want the graphics gard to play gta 4 in high level settings

Every mobo comes with atleast one ether net port built in.

For playing GTA4 @ High settings get Phenom II x4 945 with GTX 260 or 275 :p

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
1) stick to X2 550
2) don't think so. Gigabyte and ASUS no-onboard mobos are around 9k afaik.
3) GTS250 is a good buy. go for it. But since you are going for FullHD display, my suggestion would be Palit GTX260 Sonic for 10.5k

For FULL HD I suggest get GTX260(10.6k) or HD4870 1GB Vapor-X(10k).

Of this, I suggest HD4870 for the after market cooler yet awesome price.

sachinmu.1995

is the tv tuner card really necessary for the 66k model. im thinkin of getin win7 as the OS. and should i go for the phenom II or core 2 duo e8500? which is btr for gaming??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom