Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
@topgear
Dude the user just wants to end up things within 8k. And he clearly states that he is going to give it for some village(like a charity) and he need to buy more than 3 systems.So we have to get him what he can get with 8k.

Dude Sempron is way to better than celeron , only less performance than dual cores

Then mobo Asus with nvidia chipset M368-Am board for 2200/- , better gfx too

both mobo & proccy for 3650/- in bundle

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Replied to your query in there
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5193&page=252

Post your question in relative section from next time.

My guide to lowest possible pc config :

AMD Sempron LE 1250 2.2Ghz Rs. 1500
Asus M2V MX SE Rs. 2000
1GB Transcend 667Mhz Ram Rs. Rs. 650
Cabinet with SMPS ( Zebronics Krish ) Rs. 1100
Zebronics Multimedia KB+Mose Rs. 180+120 = Rs.300
Zebronics 15inch CRT Rs. 3200
80 GB Sata HDD Rs. 1700

Total Rs. 10450

Additional Things :

Philips 2 Channel Speaker Rs. 400
Digital UPS Rs. 1400

Total Rs. 12250
Make it the Sempron X2(dual core) for 1.9k and it becomes the cheapest performing PC.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@topgear
Dude the user just wants to end up things within 8k. And he clearly states that he is going to give it for some village(like a charity) and he need to buy more than 3 systems.So we have to get him what he can get with 8k.

It's not only for him. Many people out there just want to make the cheapest possible PC. They don't need gaming, viewing HD videos, High end Image & video editing etc. They just need a pc to run office apps ( with office xp ),
listen to sum music & surf the internet. So it will help them to a great extent.

Make it the Sempron X2(dual core) for 1.9k and it becomes the cheapest performing PC.

techshop.in guys are selling AMD Sempron 3200+ for Rs. 2195 which
is single core Proc & clocked @ 1.8Ghz only. The cheapest online price I got for that CPU is 22$.

*www.hardware.info/en-US/productdb/bGNkaJiVmJfK/viewproduct/AMD_Sempron_3200_AM2_SDA3200IAA2CN/
*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=320_22_33&products_id=730

AMD Desktop CPU List
*products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUResult.aspx

Link for Sempron 3200+
*products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=146&f1=&f2=&f3=&f4=&f5=&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=&f10=

Are you talking about AMD sempron 3800+ . But I don't know if it's dual core or not ? It's the only 2.2Ghz Proc other than Sempron LE1250.

Link For AMD Sempron 3800+
*products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=139&f1=&f2=&f3=&f4=&f5=&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=&f10=

Link for Sempron LE 1250+:
*products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=135&f1=&f2=&f3=&f4=&f5=&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=&f10=

There is no 2.2 GHz sempron other than LE 1250 & 3800+ in AMD Sempron family.

Can you confirm the Price of AMD Sempron 3800+. Is it selling for Rs. 1900-2100. Please mention the link.

Last edited:

rajatgarewal

The Sorcerer
I purchased ATI 4850 and LG L192WS monitor...is the monitor k or i shud hav opted for 194???do both perform same???(contrast ratio in 192 is 700:1 nd in 194 is 5000:1 dfc)

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@rajatgarewal.

Well, there are two ways manufacturers play with the term Contrast Ratio. Static and Dynamic. Look for what is mentioned in your model.

Static CR is what one should look for. When CR mentioned is Dynamic, we cannot be sure of things. Manufacturers have specific conditions where they get high DCRs and mention them to boast of.

Whatever it is, look for Static. A static CR of 500:1 and above is good.
In your case, one monitor has 700:1, which is static. In the case of 5000:1, I think manufacturer has mentioned the Dynamic CR. Look for the static CR of both models and then compare. You cannot compare SCR of one with DCR of another. I hope you understand.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I am thinking of buying a Quad Core and i chose two in my mind. Q6600 and a Q8200. The former one is 8MB L2 Cache with 1066FSB and the latter one is 4MB L2 Cache with 1333 FSB. I am dilemma to choose between them.
And one more thing is, will my mobo supports such FSB's? My mobo is ASUS P5N MX and you found spec with this link.

*www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=2010&l1=3&l2=11&l3=614&l4=0

I m thinking of getting Q8200, especially for its FSB and not any other reason.
Does the L2 Cache shows any considerable performance improvement?
Will both of these proccies were OCable?

Please help me to choose a suitable proccy for me.
The maim reason to buy a Quad Core is to play games esp GTA 4, and after a month or later i'll sure get a 4850. I am currently playing games with my old 7600GT.

comp@ddict

Not much, u see Q6600 has 582M transistors while Q8200 has 820M transistors, so, despite half cache and lower speed but due to higher FSB, Q8200 performs neck to neck with the Q6600.
And since Q8200 costs 8.8k, lesser than Q6600, and overclocks better, it is cleary the winner here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ +1 for those facts.

Q8200 is based on 45nm fab process but Q6600 is based on 65nm which means Q8200 runs cooler & consumes less energy & it's OC potential is also greater.

@ rajkumar_pb

Your mobo supports 1333 Mhz FSB so Q8200 should run just fine.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ OK guys.. So i decided to get Q8200 and will upgrade my gfx later.
thanks comp@ddict,and topgear for ur valuable suggestion.
Another question is,
If i couple this with my current config(yep,by replacing my OCed P4@3.72GHz), will it gave few more FPS in GTA 4. I am currently getting 12-15 FPS at lowest settings, with my 7600GT.
If so, then how much gain will i see?

Will i able to OC Q8200 to a 3GHz mark without help of third party CPU coolers?

Last edited:

comp@ddict

^^ OK guys.. So i decided to get Q8200 and will upgrade my gfx later.
thanks comp@ddict,and topgear for ur valuable suggestion.
Another question is,
If i couple this with my current config(yep,by replacing my OCed P4@3.72GHz), will it gave few more FPS in GTA 4. I am currently getting 12-15 FPS at lowest settings, with my 7600GT.
If so, then how much gain will i see?

Will i able to OC Q8200 to a 3GHz mark without help of third party CPU coolers?
Well, it hits 3.4GHz on air AFAIK easily.
3.6GHz actually.

But keep it to 3.2GHz.

GTAIV is quad core optimized, and Core2 architecture is way better than Pentium, so u can expect more than three to four times increase in fps, but it depends a lot on the gpu.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Q8200 is far more better than the cpu you are currently using.

I've seen people playiing GTA4 on 8500GT though it look like jerky.

With Q8200 you should get 25-30 fps as GTA 4 is quad core optimized though I'm not sure. Just give it a try with quad core & see for yourself.

I would suggest you to get a 8600GT atleast to get a comfortable game experience for GTA4.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh. I've not noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

@ rajkumar_pb,

Some guy in here Oced his Q8200 & he was getting 68C under load with stock HSF so at summer season the temp will increase more. So I think it's wise to get a third party cooler Like CM Hyper TX2 for ocing Q8200 to 3Ghz.

tkin

Back to school!!
Q8200 is far more better than the cpu you are currently using.

I've seen people playiing GTA4 on 8500GT though it look like jerky.

With Q8200 you should get 25-30 fps as GTA 4 is quad core optimized though I'm not sure. Just give it a try with quad core & see for yourself.

I would suggest you to get a 8600GT atleast to get a comfortable game experience for GTA4.
GTA 4 is actually not that optimized, changing the CPU may yield 2-3 FPS more, thats it, unless going for the beefy QX processors with 1600MHz FSB CPU will not be a important factor, but the GPU will, if the GPU sucks then even a Corei7 won't give good results.

Eg-I have E8400+9800GTX+ and two of my friend has Q6600+8800GT, so at the end our FPS are almost same and mine is on the higher side.
Look here; *www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,669595/Reviews/GTA_4_PC_CPU_benchmark_review_with_13_processors/?page=2

guys... one of my friend wants to buy a new desktop within the budget of 50k.
But unfortunately he wants to get it quick,,meaning this afternoon...
So Iam looking for some quick replies..

Please mention all components involved along with 2.1 speakers,UPS,monitor,etc.

His requirements are pertaining to 3ds max n such kinda software and some gaming.
Monitors preferred would be Full HD versions of 21.5"/22"
and speakers (altec lansing (sub -3K models) or other descent ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom