Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
AMD phenom 2 stock cooler comes with 6 copper heat pipes so no need for 3rd party cooler

Stock cooler is really awesome awesome , phenom 2 920 OCed with stock cooler frm 2.8Ghz to 3.4 with out any hassle

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Which cabinet should i go for 4850:Zeb Reaper Peace Antibiotics or Bijli???

I am using Reaper its so cool comes with 2 Blue LED fans one is 120mm another normal also have 4 option for other fans

The cabinet is Big spacious Good air flow ,, i also love Antibiotics , Peace is same as reaper specs

oromis

i pwn joo!!
hello

well, i visited Ankit infotech store on SP road, bangalore today and spoke with them about my new pc.

i was suggested the folliwing config with given prices:

AMD Phenom X4 9950 B.E. -- 9950rs
Gigabyte 780s3H mobo -- 6700rs
4BG ram, DDR2 trascend -- 1650*2 rs
320GB WD caviar HDD --2450rs
ATX cabinet --1600rs
clooer master EP500W psu -- 2950rs
Dell 198WFP 19" TFT --8450
Logitech Gaming G1 keybboardd/mouse-- 1650rs
Altec Lansing BXR1121 2.1 speakers --
LG H55n DVD-RW --1100rs
for graphics card, he gave me folllowing options:
*palit HD4850 512MB --9250rs
*sapphire HD4850 512MB --10150rs
*asus HD4850 512MB --11950rs

i have few queries which i hope you could please answer:

1. is ankit infotech a good place to buy my pc from ? ( bangalore )

2. is my choice of motherboard good? i was looking at 790fx, but the man at the shop told me that with 780s, i could get a hybrid SLI, when i coupled my HD4850 with the 512MB onboard gfx.. is this a good idea and will ti work well?

3. i have chosen an AMD pc and i have heard about overheating problems with it,. is there any need to take extra cabinet fans? and which cabinet is suitable for it?

4. which gfx card should i take among the given choices? he said that palit was good b4, when they provided heatsink over entire gfx card, but now its not so good, so i must take sapphire.

thanks in advance

:)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
hello

well, i visited Ankit infotech store on SP road, bangalore today and spoke with them about my new pc.

As i m not from B'lore i wont answer this qn.. Ask desiibond.. May be he can help you

2. is my choice of motherboard good? i was looking at 790fx, but the man at the shop told me that with 780s, i could get a hybrid SLI, when i coupled my HD4850 with the 512MB onboard gfx.. is this a good idea and will ti work well?
Man,why u need Hybrid SLI When u choose such a monster card..
AFAIK,the performance of Hybrid SLI is too negligible..(Correct me if i am wrong)
Better get a 790FX..

3. i have chosen an AMD pc and i have heard about overheating problems with it,. is there any need to take extra cabinet fans? and which cabinet is suitable for it?
Get a CoolerMaster Cabinets with enough room for atleast 2 additional fans..

4. which gfx card should i take among the given choices? he said that palit was good b4, when they provided heatsink over entire gfx card, but now its not so good, so i must take sapphire.

thanks in advance
Get the Palit HD4850 Sonic Edition for around 10.5k

oromis

i pwn joo!!
As i m not from B'lore i wont answer this qn.. Ask desiibond.. May be he can help you

Man,why u need Hybrid SLI When u choose such a monster card..
AFAIK,the performance of Hybrid SLI is too negligible..(Correct me if i am wrong)
Better get a 790FX..

Get a CoolerMaster Cabinets with enough room for atleast 2 additional fans..

Get the Palit HD4850 Sonic Edition for around 10.5k
thanks a lot for info :)

krinish

Journeyman
Ankit is quite a reliable name. You can buy from them. I bought Seagate 250 GB, 2 GB RAm and APC 500 BE from them last october.
The prices are good.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hello

They are pretty reliable but their pricing is a bit on higher side. Just do a bit of bargaining. I bought my entire pc about 3yrs ago from them.

Totally agree with oromis. The use of hybrid SLI is more for laptops so that you can save power while on battery. totally useless for desktops. If you are going for HD4850, I would suggest 780G or nvidia 570 Ultra.

it's your choice but make sure that the price of card is inside 10k. If it's near to 11k, add another 1k and get 9800gtx+.

Two combinations:

1) ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe or M2N-SLI Deluxe + 9800gtx+ (chipset : NVIDIA nForce® 570 Ultra™ MCP)
2) Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H + HD4850 (chipset: ati 780G)

*www.gigabyte.in/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2859.

^^I really like this board

Last edited:

rishabh9

Broken In
Hi!

I am setting up my system, and the only things I have finalised on are the processor and the graphics card. I need your help here. Please suggest a good motherboard, cabinet, and PSU.

My config:
AMD X4 9650
512MB GF 9600GT
3/4 GB RAM

My main concern is the motherboard. I want a solid motherboard but then which is not too expensive.

Thanks in advance!
Rishabh

debajyoti2005in

Right off the assembly line
hello,happy new year to all, my organization plan to provide computer to local slam area's student.our budget is 8000max for each computer without ups,keyboard mouse,sound system
we don't want to buy 2nd hand materiel because this student cant buy other then this in their lifetime,so if you computer masters please help us to choose a cheap but long lasting configuration we all honored,computer for basic works.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Mercury PI945GCM - 1950 or Zebronics NF7050 - 2100(Choice is yours)
Intel Celeron 430 1.8GHz - 1950
1GB DDR2 - 700
Zebronics Casing + SMPS - around 1000
Zebronics 15" CRT - 3100(This is low priced CRT in the market AFAIK)

Total comes around 8100 if u choose Zebronics Mobo and 7950 if u choose Mercury Mobo..

This one is a decent setup.You cant get lower than this.

You may also try getting Intel 945GCLF Motherboard which comes with onboard processor, that means no need to buy processor but i dunno the exact price.. Enquire abt that too.

tkin

Back to school!!
Need urgent help for purchasing Western Digital Cavier Blue 640GB HDD(WD6400AAKS), any idea where I can get one in Kolkata?

BTW- I saw one on Lynx-India, is it O.K to get from there, mean warranty and delivery conditions.

This is urgent, my 500GB Seagate HDD crashed yet again:mad::mad:, switching permanently to WD.

------------------Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom