Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewin

Point Blanc
spidy I hope you got the point what tkin said, these X58 mobos support both SLI and Crossire together, not like sible SLI mobos and mobos with Crossfire.

spidy333

Broken In
Ya... I got it... Also I noticed a calculation mistake from damngoodman999.. that config sums up to 57k.. So I might decrease the motherboard to 5.5k so that it atleast comes up to 55k.. Anyway Thanks for nice suggestions..

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Ya... I got it... Also I noticed a calculation mistake from damngoodman999.. that config sums up to 57k.. So I might decrease the motherboard to 5.5k so that it atleast comes up to 55k.. Anyway Thanks for nice suggestions..

U r pestering about 2k when he's give such a gooooood config?

spidy333

Broken In
Actually its already 5k over my budget and I'm not sure my parent will agree to spend that much.. I also liked the config from damngoodman999 very very much... I will try my level best to get that particular config... If not possible I will just change the motherboard to the one you specified... MSI P45 Neo-F...

tkin

Back to school!!
Actually its already 5k over my budget and I'm not sure my parent will agree to spend that much.. I also liked the config from damngoodman999 very very much... I will try my level best to get that particular config... If not possible I will just change the motherboard to the one you specified... MSI P45 Neo-F...
Its the least you should get, remember A PC IS AS GOOD AS THE MOBO GETS, its probably the most important component of a PC, getting a good mobo will make you futureproof for a long time(X58 is good but a Quad core C2Q still has a long way to go, so does a P45 chipset)

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

ya X58 chipset is way too better than what i listed motherboard . but your budget will be 70k

buddy if u choose motherboard for 5k means then if u want add another HD4850 means it will be hard after 4 months HD 4850 will be less by 3k to 4k then ur computer is sure worth it .

Benq monitor is great HD VLM , but check the monitor fully also keep the eye on the DELL (2ms response time in DELL will surely worth for gaming )

sorry for the calculations i did that calculation when i was so drowsy sorry:-|

acewin

Point Blanc
as per my suggestion, if the money limit really pester you then, check in on speakers do you really need them, they can be bought anytime.

HD4850--do you really need such high end gfx card,
I wont question that in proccy+mobo+monitor, because these are something which are difficult in any upgrade option.

For mobo check in Biostar Tpower I45 mobo or MSI P45 series which has crossfire.

spidy333

Broken In
This is my first purchase of PC.. I have been using a laptop till now.. Well I'm all set with different configs at different prices... I will ask for your feedback once I finalize my config.. in a week or so.. Thanks for all your lovely suggestions...

And I do need HD4850 as my main purpose is gaming with this PC..

Last edited:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i want to get a graphic card from US... main purpose is gaming...

now i was in no plan to buy one but as a freind of mine is coming i want to get one... so the main problem is budget.

i saw 4870X2 with 2gb memory and was impressed... i also saw 4870 which was also looking good to me...

now if someone can guide me as to whcih one to buy and which one is the best value for money... 4870....4870X2.... 4850... or 2 4850 on crossfire

Also do let me know if any gforce card is recommended...

acewin

Point Blanc
what LCD monitors or LCD TVs are you talking about.
Hey ajay, good choices, also consider cooling options with these cards. when you think of the HD4870 cards. get some good cooling.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
If u can get HD4870X2, well I wud say, NO.

Get HD4870 for 190$ now

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10850&Itemid=1

And later, u can buy a Deneb or Nehalem based PC with HD5870X2(Multi-Core, not Dual GPU)

albert VII

Right off the assembly line
hey guys... m lookin to assemble myself a new pc for bout 25000 to 30000.. m cnfused wether i sud go for phenom or c2d platform.. it must a gaming rig.. must include 19" tft.. 320gb hdd, atleast 2gb of ram...

pliz help me out????

spidy333

Broken In
I have finally decided on this particular config..

C2Q 6600 @10K
MSI P45 Neo-F @6k
Corsair 2 X 2GB DDR2 800MhZ @3.7k
Seagate 500 GB (32 MB Buffer) @3.5k
Samsung DVD RW @1.2k
Palit HD4850 @9.2k
BenQ E2200HD @13.5k (not sure abt the price)
Creative SBS370 2.1 @1.3k
UPS @1.8k
DLink wlan card @1k
MS wireless Keyboard+Mouse @1.3k
Cabinet @ suggest me one(~1.5k)
Coolermaster 600W extreme @ 3.4k

all sums up to 57.5k... Is every component in place or any power deficiencies etc.. check the price of ram seemed too costly to me... All the prices are the ones put on the site theitwares.com

Will i able to get better deals than this.. I'm near Delhi... Any suggestions are welcome..

forgot to ask.. Will HD4850 be sufficient for 22'' monitor or should I get a lesser monitor say 19''... How good is this config for OC'ing..

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
I have finally decided on this particular config..

C2Q 6600 @10K
MSI P45 Neo-F @6k
Corsair 2 X 2GB DDR2 800MhZ @3.7k
Seagate 500 GB (32 MB Buffer) @3.5k
Samsung DVD RW @1.2k
Palit HD4850 @9.2k
BenQ E2200HD @13.5k (not sure abt the price)
Creative SBS370 2.1 @1.3k
UPS @1.8k
DLink wlan card @1k
MS wireless Keyboard+Mouse @1.3k
Cabinet @ suggest me one(~1.5k)
Coolermaster 600W extreme @ 3.4k

all sums up to 57.5k... Is every component in place or any power deficiencies etc.. check the price of ram seemed too costly to me... All the prices are the ones put on the site theitwares.com

Will i able to get better deals than this.. I'm near Delhi... Any suggestions are welcome..

forgot to ask.. Will HD4850 be sufficient for 22'' monitor or should I get a lesser monitor say 19''... How good is this config for OC'ing..

Q6600 is good processor but , u r going for gaming means u can go for the E8400 than Q6600 .

E8400 will be lesser in price and more performance in gaming than Q6600

22"inch is ok with HD 4850 but anyway some games will reduce in resolution , HD4850 will not play all games 1920 X 1080 this is very high resolution @ all high settings

Let me setup a gaming rig but only for gaming its better than the Quad gaming

Q6600 is 65nm , hottest card run @ higher temperature when OCed on LOAD

E8400 is 45nm better for stock cooler OCing u can overclock up to 3.8- 4.0 ghz with stock cooler in this C2Duo case u can have P45neo

but when u get Q6600 get stable motherboard Asus P5Q pro & MSI P45 platinum , these are the motherboards with in 10k & still best , if u choose less FSB motherboard will not be stable in OCing . READ IT CAREFULLY

For gaming Q6600 needs better OCing. (MSI P45 PLATINUM is best for OCing than ASUS p5q pro)

Dont think of your budget for spending unwanted items , use to get performance rig

what i gave the configuration list of Q9300 is best ask every , also its same price of your Q6600

Q9300 is far most better than all when comparing Q6600 , Q6600 is old

Last edited:

jking

Broken In
Guide Please - New PC

My Usage

1) Surfing
2) Movies and Music
3) Burning DVDR Movies & Sometimes Ripping DVD
4) Ocassionaly Adobe Photoshop
5) Very Very less gaming

My first choice

Processor - Intel Core2Duo E8200 (Reason for choosing this - 45nm processor)
MOBO - Gigabyte GA-EG45M-DS2H or Asus P5Q-EM (Reason for choosing - with HDMI and Optical Out)

My second choice

Processor - AMD Phenom x4 9550 (Reason for choosing - quad core)
MOBO - Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H or Asus M3A78-EMH HDMI (Reason for choosing - 780G chipset, AM2+ support with HDMI and optical output)

Components common to both

500GB SATA (32 MB buffer)
4GB DDR2 800Mhz
DVD-RW ( I already have)
Monitor ( I already have)

Suggestions I need

1) I dont know anything about overclocking. Is it something to be done by me manually to achieve some result or feature of processor which is auto enabled whenever required :confused: . Some crash course will be really appreciated

2) PC may be on almost 24 x 7 (for surfing and downloading). At the same time I want to use it for watching movie (most probably i will go for a projector shortly to connect with this). I prefer a HTPC kind of cabinet. Is there any such cabinet for around 5K. I did not like the zebronics cube model.

3) When it comes to HTPC, i read at many sites, that the PC should be noiseless and no overheat. Keeping this aspect in mind, whether my choice of MOBO and processor is right.

4) Is there any other MOBO for the intel config cheaper than what I have chosen.

5) What is the difference between Intel 3 series chipet and 4 series chipset ( I mean p35,g35 and p45, g45,g43 etc). Which is better one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom