Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys n gals,
iam new to these forums.
Iam planning to buy a new desktop pC for myself,in dis week.
My budget is 70K.which would be a gaming rig_multimedia powerhouse
Following are my considerations:
MOST IMPORTANT CRITERION:
1.Ive a small dorm,,dunno whether to go for 2.1 or 5.1 speaker setup
But wotever I go for,,crisp quality is of utmost importance
(A)With 2.1-wud prefer Altec lansing MX5021 or Logi Z2300 or Klipsch ProMedia
(B)with 5.1-wud prefer Z5500 or klipsch 5.1(if its available in India)+xtreme gamer sound card(sound card wid 5.1 setup only)

2.monitor-Dell US 2009W (15K).period
3.RAM=4GB
4.HDD=250GB WD CAviar
5.Please suggest graphics card(wid bst bang for buck-HD4850 alike),CPU(is quadcore worthy enuf of gaming,or in future)+MObo(dont need much features)_I want best bang for buck from these,,not ultra high performance!
6.mouse-GX518 from logi is fine,as I own Xbox360.

please give the price of each component,brand,etc. including cabinet,supply etc.
but near 70k in total.

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
thank you KPower Mania and acewin for ur replies. After a lot of analysis and expert advice i have reached to this final configuration. The final configuration is as follows-

Most likely configuration –
1] Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 processor
2] MSI P35 Neo Combo-F chipset (supports DDR3)
3] MSI NX8600GT-T2D256E/D3 (256Mb DDR3) graphics soln
4] Transcend 2Gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM(1Gbx2)
5] Western Digital 500Gb or 640Gb Sata HDD (WD5000AAKS) (depending on the price margin between the two)
6] Cooler Master eXtreme Power or Power Plus 500W PSU
7] Zebronics Krish or Bijli cabinet.
8] Lastly if budget permits then i will be buying a Creative EP-630 ear phones for my Transcend T Sonic 610:D

Just a last thought in case of PSU which is better the 550/600W Cooler Master extreme series or a similar PSU by Corsair???

This is coz one of my friend has corsair PSU and he braggs that many of the hardcore gamers on his LAN use this PSU.....But my loyalty is towards Cooler Master extreme series but some final advice on this matter would be great..

Finally all these products will fit my budget. I don't mind even if the budget shoots up a bit coz this config will serve me well for the coming 1 to 1.5 years with minor upgrades. This is wat matters the most to me.
Thanks.
Regards.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@parasharenator
hmm.....let me suggest you something.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
ASUS P5Q Pro
4Gb DDR2 800MHz RAM Transcend
Western Digital Caviar 640GB (Best VFA a.ka. Bang for buck)
Sapphire HD4870
CM eXtreme Power 850W
Cooler Master CM690
Sony / LiteOn/ Samsung optical Drive. Avoid Plextor as it aint VFM.
MX518 + Microsoft Natural Erogonomic 4000 keyboard.
Altec Lansing MX5021 + Creative X-Fi Elite Gamer

For prices, check out www.lynx-india.com and www.theitwares.com

Happy gaming.

thank you KPower Mania and acewin for ur replies. After a lot of analysis and expert advice i have reached to this final configuration. The final configuration is as follows-

Most likely configuration –
1] Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 processor
2] MSI P35 Neo Combo-F chipset (supports DDR3)
3] MSI NX8600GT-T2D256E/D3 (256Mb DDR3) graphics soln
4] Transcend 2Gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM(1Gbx2)
5] Western Digital 500Gb or 640Gb Sata HDD (WD5000AAKS) (depending on the price margin between the two)
6] Cooler Master eXtreme Power or Power Plus 500W PSU
7] Zebronics Krish or Bijli cabinet.
8] Lastly if budget permits then i will be buying a Creative EP-630 ear phones for my Transcend T Sonic 610:D

Just a last thought in case of PSU which is better the 550/600W Cooler Master extreme series or a similar PSU by Corsair???

This is coz one of my friend has corsair PSU and he braggs that many of the hardcore gamers on his LAN use this PSU.....But my loyalty is towards Cooler Master extreme series but some final advice on this matter would be great..

Finally all these products will fit my budget. I don't mind even if the budget shoots up a bit coz this config will serve me well for the coming 1 to 1.5 years with minor upgrades. This is wat matters the most to me.
Thanks.
Regards.

Superb config man! And Corsair PSUs need Sine Wave UPS which will cost a lot to say the least and as you arent building an enthusiast gaming rig, CM will be awesome :D.

Go for it.

I have one suggestion though, if you want a VFM HDD, get the WD Caviar 640GB and not the 500GB as the price margin is low. You will get 140GB of more storage for 100-300 bucks more :).

The rig is awesome. Go for it.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hehe. Thanks mate :)

@Kpowermania. Looks like you forgot to mention display in that config you gave for parasharenator

go for 24" Dell 248 WFP for 16k-18k

You can leave out creative soundcard for the time being if it overshoots the budget.

Last edited:
Hi guys ...

As u guys already know about the Nvidia-Digit Optimized PC Contest HERE IS LINK.

I am thinking about participating in the contest. Is it worth it ?
Also .. i am not well aware of the various benchmarking standards. In this contest, 2 benchmarking tools wld be used to rate the performance of the participitants i.e. 3DMARK06 and PCMARK05.

So for these two tools, what wld be the best config in the Budget of 22k ?
I have many doubts ....

1. Which Platform to Choose ? AMD has Decent Mobos and Intel has E7200 ? Dnt knw how much will mobo performance affects 3DMARK06 and PCMark 05 scores ?

2. How much RAM and wat frequency? No Idea How RAM affects Scores. AFAIK AMD benefits from Lower Latency and Intel needs more Frequency ?
Which brand to buy? 667 or 800 ? 2 GB or 4 GB ?

3. Which Graphic card ? ATI are more VFM .. but Sponsor is Nvidia

4. Which HDD ? which is fastest 160 GB hdd ?

5. Cabinet and PSU ? Low range but shld be enuf for the rest config.

Help me guys ...............share ur gyaan.

Hope no one else is participating xcept me

icebags

Technomancer
hehe. Thanks mate :)

@Kpowermania. Looks like you forgot to mention display in that config you gave for parasharenator

go for 24" Dell 248 WFP for 16k-18k

You can leave out creative soundcard for the time being if it overshoots the budget.

with 24" monitor he will need a graphic powerhouse to play crysis @ ultra high settings. and when he is spending 70k , we may assume he wants to play with style. suggest him the new gfx cards guys, but i wonder 9800GTX2 SLI can do it.:D

and thanks for correcting that vista price.:smile:

Last edited:
with 24" monitor he will need a graphic powerhouse to play crysis @ ultra high settings. and when he is spending 70k , we may assume he wants to play with style. suggest him the new gfx cards guys, but i wonder 9800GTX2 SLI can do it.:D

and thanks for correcting that vista price.:smile:
I dont want to go for a 24".I've planned to go for Dell Ultrasharp 2009W for 14.7K(including 5 years premium panel warranty)
And I would prefer 4850 for it's VFM

icebags

Technomancer
I dont want to go for a 24".I've planned to go for Dell Ultrasharp 2009W for 14.7K(including 5 years premium panel warranty)
And I would prefer 4850 for it's VFM

awwww dude u gonna miss the pleasures of watching HD Movies at full throttle. :D

but , 4850 cant be future proof for games at 20"...... either get an sli featured mobo (for another 4850 later) , or look for getter grafix option.

imgame2

Padawan
awwww dude u gonna miss the pleasures of watching HD Movies at full throttle. :D

but , 4850 cant be future proof for games at 20"...... either get an sli featured mobo (for another 4850 later) , or look for getter grafix option.

seriously tell me u joking ...right ..? SLI mobo for HD4850 nVidia will break their head over it ...

tkin

Back to school!!

Think you mean CROSSFIRE.
Many Intel chipsets support them.Just look for them while purchasing.

imgame2

Padawan
and HD4850 can play games at 1900x1200 with high setting pretty well .... and 20" only supports 1680x1050...it will more than enough ....no need for powerful graphics card for a 20" monitor ....infact in my opinion 20" monitor is a bottleneck to actually utilize the full power of HD4850

icebags

Technomancer
lol as 4850 is ati its obviously crossfire - my bad. :))

its also obvious 4850 can play games at 1900X1200 well

but.........my experience says :

8800GT @ 19" - 1440X900 + CRYSIS @ Demo Highest Settings = 17-18 FPS = a bit crappy

(its my own system with E8400, 2GIG of RAM)
and Demo Crysis doesnt give Ultra high settings (the highest full version can afford). Thats why i tell these stuff lol :)

o well, may i consider crysis a game or is it a benchie tool ?:x

tkin

Back to school!!

8800GT @ 19" - 1440X900 + CRYSIS @ Demo Highest Settings = 17-18 FPS = a bit crappy

and Demo Crysis doesnt give Ultra high settings (the highest full version can afford). Thats why i tell these stuff lol :)

Besides Eye-Candy, Crysis is a full featured game with a good storyline too.So playing it is must. Also there are various mods.
There is one nuclear bomb mod you MUST see:- *in.youtube.com/watch?v=3RctnP1t-PY

imgame2

Padawan

crysis is good game but often people have a stiff hand while buying a graphics card ...but going by ur logic even 28k gtx280 performs pretty poorly ~34 FPS max details and with AA/AF on 1680x1050...so if one has money he can buy it ....but for now HD4850 does the trick play @ max details without AA/AF @ 37FPS (1680x1050)...for 9.5k ...i would say it pretty decent ...ain't it ?????? and next best card after HD4850 is gtx260/HD4870 ...which is 17~19k ....???

i hope u are gettin my point here ...

icebags

Technomancer
crysis is good game but often people have a stiff hand while buying a graphics card ...but going by ur logic even 28k gtx280 performs pretty poorly ~34 FPS max details and with AA/AF on 1680x1050...so if one has money he can buy it ....but for now HD4850 does the trick play @ max details without AA/AF @ 37FPS (1680x1050)...for 9.5k ...i would say it pretty decent ...ain't it ?????? and next best card after HD4850 is gtx260/HD4870 ...which is 17~19k ....???

i hope u are gettin my point here ...

yaa, sure thats why i m not telling him to b so strict with crysis, just suggesting to get 1 crossfire ready mobo. :cool: i mean this kinna eye candy games r gonna break out in much numbers after 1-1.5yrs , so why just dont stay ready with it?

looking at his budgest , i was just suggesting what a pro gamer says "Playing With Style" ......... hit any multiplayer gaming forum all all what they want is min 35 FPS. Trust me, what is a common man's luxury , is a pro gamer's necessity.

currently i m playing Battlefield 2142 multiplayer, that was once a config hungry game ... lol but it runs smooth on my current system now . Devil may cry 4 runs smooth as well... so does Supreme Commander demo. :D

imgame2

Padawan
yaa, sure thats why i m not telling him to b so strict with crysis, just suggesting to get 1 crossfire ready mobo. :cool: i mean this kinna eye candy games r gonna break out in much numbers after 1-1.5yrs , so why just dont stay ready with it?

looking at his budgest , i was just suggesting what a pro gamer says "Playing With Style" ......... hit any multiplayer gaming forum all all what they want is min 35 FPS. Trust me, what is a common man's luxury , is a pro gamer's necessity.

currently i m playing Battlefield 2142 multiplayer, that was once a config hungry game ... lol but it runs smooth on my current system now . Devil may cry 4 runs smooth as well... so does Supreme Commander demo. :D

the RACE between eyecandy effect games and powerful hardware to run it will never end ...and u can't say that this will the same with larrabee coming its way .....

noone had thought HD4850 will give such boost in performance at low price ...not even ATI !!!

nothing is future-proof in computer hardware ..every thing has a life of max 1.5 to 2 years thats all ....so future is unpredictable ..and i like it that way ...thats what makes life interesting ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom