Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgame2

Padawan
one more thing i think POV is good company and so is EVGA ...and both are available with tirupati ...u should keep a tab on prices about gtx260 ..EVGA plain gtx260 cost about $289 in us ...which is also the price of sapphire HD4870 ..so it should cost about 17-18k ....if u buy a evga u will not be disappointed ...evga is much better than XFX.

tkin

Back to school!!
one more thing i think POV is good company and so is EVGA ...and both are available with tirupati ...u should keep a tab on prices about gtx260 ..EVGA plain gtx260 cost about $289 in us ...which is also the price of sapphire HD4870 ..so it should cost about 17-18k ....if u buy a evga u will not be disappointed ...evga is much better than XFX.
How's EVGA customer support in India?

imgame2

Padawan
dude ur own tirupati from kolkata is the sole distributor of EVGA in india ....as far as i know if u register the product online u get a limited life time warranty...so i don't think u will face any problem with support ...

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
@KPower Mania
but which among the two is better??? I suppose the GDDR3 enjoys an upper hand in comparison with the GDDR2.
I want to buy a card (preferrably the one with GDDR3) which wouldn't attract my attention for atleast the coming year and a half. In that respect which graphics soln is good???

Finally does the MSI P35 Neo-F mobo support GDDR3??

Last edited:

SenthilAnandh

Lost,But not yet defeated
Nehalem at the time of launch will burn the deepest hole in your pocket.
Have to wait least a year for cheaper mainstream products.(Remember C2D)

For gaming get either:-

1.Dual Core-Intel E8400/E8500/(E8600-If available) at 7.5/8.5/
(10.5k-Estimate) respectively(Good for gaming)
OR
2.Quad Core-Intel Q9300/Q9450 at 11/14k respectively.

[P.S-Don't go for Q6600,Its already outdated when target is gaming]

Mobo-ASUS P5Q/P5Q-PRO/P5Q-Deluxe at 8/9/12.5K respectively (P45)*

*Intel P45s aren't available here yet.

ATI HD4870(Mid-range) or HD4850x2(Better)(A little on the higher side)

AND YES, NO UPGRADE POSSIBLE ON ANY OF THE PLATFORMS(AT LEAST NOT WITH INTEL)

Thanks for your reply guys. I am ready to go with intel but my main concern is about upgrading. It will not be upgradable after 2 years, again i need to spend for mobo processor etc. But if i am ready to scarifice some performance today will it be possible to upgrade an AMD sytem after 2 years??? How much performace difference will be there with intel and amd system?

tkin

Back to school!!
Thanks for your reply guys. I am ready to go with intel but my main concern is about upgrading. It will not be upgradable after 2 years, again i need to spend for mobo processor etc. But if i am ready to scarifice some performance today will it be possible to upgrade an AMD sytem after 2 years??? How much performace difference will be there with intel and amd system?
Theres no guarantee that AMD will not update their Socket in 2 years or so.As they upgrade their products so they will need to upgrade their sockets sometime later-could be 2yrs/5yrs or even less.So getting AMD will not give you any assurance of compatibllity.:mad:

And as for performance the difference in Intel and AMD are as much as hell and earth.Even dual core Intel can beat quad core AMD hands down.So its a smart idea to get the best now which will make you futureproof for atleast
2-3 yrs(yes,even P4 cpus are good for gaming as long as you have a descent graphic card:)) )

So get the best now and don't think of the future.The next Intel product(Larabee) is breathing down on the neck of Nehalem.So get it(wolfdale/yorkfield) while its hot.:D

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@KPower Mania
but which among the two is better??? I suppose the GDDR3 enjoys an upper hand in comparison with the GDDR2.
I want to buy a card (preferrably the one with GDDR3) which wouldn't attract my attention for atleast the coming year and a half. In that respect which graphics soln is good???

Finally does the MSI P35 Neo-F mobo support GDDR3??

yus, true. GDDR3 is better :). Look at MSI and ASUS variants. Leave alone XFX :D. And regarding P35, it dosent concern wether it supports or not, AFA it has a PCI-e x16 any PCI-ex16 compatible card will run:). But I wont confuse you with this and say "Yus, it supports GDDR3".

acewin

Point Blanc
@thelordrrulzzz
For you to decide things properly check this link*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=934&show_all=yes

I do not know the genuinity of availability @lynx though lynx is good online point, but according to the quoted prices you can check local market or order from lynx.

About 8600GT there is not DDR3 version of 512 models all got 512MB DDR2,
but if u check the link I gave you will find HD3650 512MB DDR2 model of XpertVision and HD3850 and 9600GT of interest.

8600GT 256 MB DDR3 would be in 3.5K from MSI

any of the gfx card would be compatible, the compatibility is not in terms of DDR2/DDR3 but whether they are PCI Express 2.0 or like that. All of those cards are compatible

MSI P35 Neo-F supports DDR3 RAM( normal RAM not graphic RAM), not many mobos currently support DDR3 RAM

Go for 8600GT 256MBDDR3 version it would be good, and is better in work than 512MB DDR2 models.
Otherwise u got option of HD3850 512MB DDR3 in 5.5K and 9600GT also in same price.
But I will recommend HD3850 in the two which has 256-bit line.

abbe tujhe toh 30k sab kuch loot lena hain. for the above mentioned things, you need to have a greater budget.

Intel C2D E8200 - 7.5k -->> *processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLAPP

ASUS P5Q Deluxe - 12.5k --> *www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=2257&l1=3&l2=11&l3=709&l4=0

Transcend DDR2 667MHz 4GB RAM - 3k -->*www.transcendusa.com/Products/MemList.asp?srhMemWay=STD&LangNo=0

Sapphire HD4850 -10.6k --> *www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=244

Western Digital Caviar 640GB -3.6k -->*www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=394

CoolerMaster CM690 -3.5k -->*www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?act=detail&id=2908

CoolerMaster 600W PSU -3.1k -->*www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?category_id=27&product_id=2739

This should do the trick. Better eXtend your budget :D.

@KPower, man that was awsome n full of humour reply heehe

@rahul dude you are thinking in good direction. I hope reading many of such other budget responses you can get your reply.

Still for your goodness giving u specs

MSI P35 Neo-F >> 5.5K(recommending because of its option of DDR3 RAM support) any other P35 based mobo is also good. :D Otherwise as KPower said for real 7.1HD audio get Asus P5Q-Deluxe mobo
2 sticks of 2GB RAM Transcend/Kingston >>3600(@1800 per stick) or get Corsair in 5K TWIN2X4096-6400C5
(2 X 2GB DDR2 800MhZ C5)

There is huge crunch in HDD price best VFM is WD 640GB in 3.5-3.6K so you need to decide HDD according to your budget.

Cabinet Coolermaster Elite 330 in 1.6-1.7K or CM690 in around 3.5K
CoolerMaster PSU 600W Extreme Power in 3.1K

Decide on price on GPU and proccy on your own, you are already intelligent I think as your demands are extreme, and would need to rethink and then ask for suggestions.

check specs n prices from this site *www.theitwares.com/index.htm
Giving you above site bcoz its good with direct links to most product specs from their company sites

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@thelordrrulzzz
For you to decide things properly check this link*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=934&show_all=yes

I do not know the genuinity of availability @lynx though lynx is good online point, but according to the quoted prices you can check local market or order from lynx.

About 8600GT there is not DDR3 version of 512 models all got 512MB DDR2,
but if u check the link I gave you will find HD3650 512MB DDR2 model of XpertVision and HD3850 and 9600GT of interest.

8600GT 256 MB DDR3 would be in 3.5K from MSI

any of the gfx card would be compatible, the compatibility is not in terms of DDR2/DDR3 but whether they are PCI Express 2.0 or like that. All of those cards are compatible

MSI P35 Neo-F supports DDR3 RAM( normal RAM not graphic RAM), not many mobos currently support DDR3 RAM

Go for 8600GT 256MBDDR3 version it would be good, and is better in work than 512MB DDR2 models.
Otherwise u got option of HD3850 512MB DDR3 in 5.5K and 9600GT also in same price.
But I will recommend HD3850 in the two which has 256-bit line.

@KPower, man that was awsome n full of humour reply heehe

@rahul dude you are thinking in good direction. I hope reading many of such other budget responses you can get your reply.

Still for your goodness giving u specs

MSI P35 Neo-F >> 5.5K(recommending because of its option of DDR3 RAM support) any other P35 based mobo is also good. :D Otherwise as KPower said for real 7.1HD audio get Asus P5Q-Deluxe mobo
2 sticks of 2GB RAM Transcend/Kingston >>3600(@1800 per stick) or get Corsair in 5K TWIN2X4096-6400C5
(2 X 2GB DDR2 800MhZ C5)

There is huge crunch in HDD price best VFM is WD 640GB in 3.5-3.6K so you need to decide HDD according to your budget.

Cabinet Coolermaster Elite 330 in 1.6-1.7K or CM690 in around 3.5K
CoolerMaster PSU 600W Extreme Power in 3.1K

Decide on price on GPU and proccy on your own, you are already intelligent I think as your demands are extreme, and would need to rethink and then ask for suggestions.

check specs n prices from this site *www.theitwares.com/index.htm
Giving you above site bcoz its good with direct links to most product specs from their company sites

I just suggested the components which were fit for his recommandations. He needs a good IGP and a HD4850 :shock:. Why the hell does he need both ? He needs crossfire support and 7.1 Chanel audio + 4GB RAM and 500GB+ HDD in 30k. Now tell me if I was wrong or not OR if what I suggested was wrong.

SenthilAnandh

Lost,But not yet defeated
Theres no guarantee that AMD will not update their Socket in 2 years or so.As they upgrade their products so they will need to upgrade their sockets sometime later-could be 2yrs/5yrs or even less.So getting AMD will not give you any assurance of compatibllity.:mad:

And as for performance the difference in Intel and AMD are as much as hell and earth.Even dual core Intel can beat quad core AMD hands down.So its a smart idea to get the best now which will make you futureproof for atleast
2-3 yrs(yes,even P4 cpus are good for gaming as long as you have a descent graphic card:)) )

So get the best now and don't think of the future.The next Intel product(Larabee) is breathing down on the neck of Nehalem.So get it(wolfdale/yorkfield) while its hot.:D

Can somebody post me the link showing the benchmark of an amd build (phenom x4 with 790Fx) and a intel build (C2Q with p45)

acewin

Point Blanc
@KPower, you are right, I too do not get why he wants onboard 7.1HD audio, most of the mobos are having 8 channel audio, not very good yet they have it.

He want everything good not to compromise on any front and all in 30-35K, way to go man.

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
This thread was created by choto chetah, I would like to request choto - to please give us something same on laptop also, as there are new guys who would like to have a laptop & confused about config.
Myself at present loking for a laptop under 30k & looking for a AMD model - can any one suggest !!

choto pls think on my request.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
give me some info abt wireless keyboard and mouse and price please

I am currently using the Logitech Ex90 Cordless Desktop and its very good. It works on a 2.4GHz Wireless Frequency. It uses two AA batteries to power up. I use 2100 mAh Uniross Rechargeable batteries. The set costed me about 1.2k before 8-9 months :).

prvprv

Journeyman
I am currently using the Logitech Ex90 Cordless Desktop and its very good. It works on a 2.4GHz Wireless Frequency. It uses two AA batteries to power up. I use 2100 mAh Uniross Rechargeable batteries. The set costed me about 1.2k before 8-9 months :).

Thanks KPower Mania :)

When i checked in npithub.com , its 1250/-
*www.npithub.com/product/detail.php?pcatid=22&prod_id=69433

how come? is it getting costlier or what?? :eek:

how long wil the batteries last?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Depends on what batteries you use and their power. I use 2100 mAh batteries and they last 4 days easily (My PC is on 24x7). The set dosent come with batteries but my dealer gave me two 1200 mAh Duracells and they were eaten up in 1 and half day :shock:. So I suggest that you spend some money on a good set of batteries too :).

About, pricing refer this --> *www.theitwares.com/keyboards/keyboards.htm

Its still 1.2k :D.

^^Dont forget to get rechargeable batteries no matter which cordless set you buy (its a different story if the set isnt powered by batteries, but i dunno such product).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom