Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
After browsing through the net i have discovered that the MSI P35 Neo-F chipset requires an additionally graphics solutions. Due to this i have decided to modify my chipset selection.
I have decided to go for the Intel DG33TL chipset keeping the remaining components same.

Finally i found a efficient way to make use of my old config. I intend to buy a LAN card and a LAN cable to convert my old config into a server for my downloading purpose.

Any further suggestions regarding the components selection??
Is there any other alternative to the DG33TL mobo??

Ever considered the 650i chipset from NVIDIA ?

Good onboard + OC'ing.

Galaxy 650i LT is a nice mobo.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Ever considered the 650i chipset from NVIDIA ?

Good onboard + OC'ing.

Galaxy 650i LT is a nice mobo.

Since when Nvidia 650i is coming with onboard GPU ?? As far as I know 650i doesnt have any on board GPU... Also the best of the lot XFX 650i ultra is a discontinued product...

Now days one should prefer P35 over 650i chipset... ABiT IP35-E would be better bet over a 650i product !!!!!

Where as onboard option are there in nvidia 610i and 630i :) for example, XFX 630i 7150

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Since when Nvidia 650i is coming with onboard GPU ?? As far as I know 650i doesnt have any on board GPU... Also the best of the lot XFX 650i ultra is a discontinued product...

Now days one should prefer P35 over 650i chipset... ABiT IP35-E would be better bet over a 650i product !!!!!

Where as onboard option are there in nvidia 610i and 630i :) for example, XFX 630i 7150

Wait a sec Choto, ABIT IP35e is an EOL. I have heard that somewhere. Anyways XFX 630i has a nice onboard. Other options for 630i are Palit N73 and Zotac's 630i mobo.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Wait a sec Choto, ABIT IP35e is an EOL. I have heard that somewhere. Anyways XFX 630i has a nice onboard. Other options for 630i are Palit N73 and Zotac's 630i mobo.

Not just that! Even Abit as a Mobo maker is EOL if the news spreading across the net is true.

tkin

Back to school!!
Is the ASUS P5Q mobo available in Kolkata and does anyone know the price if it is?
(Q goes to all Kolkatans)

rahulbalmuri

ωιтн gяєαт gяαρнι¢ѕ......
PLS HELP ME..

hi guys..i need some help from you...my budget is about 30k-35000.. i need motherboard+graphic card+processor+4GB RAM+WD hard disk and a power supply(ATX cabinet)..i forgot i need cabinet too..

motherboard must have onboard graphics 7.1 HD audio..6-8 USB ports..RAID..with crossfire capability

coming to graphic card..it must be 512MB..n it must meet the requirements of games upto 2008 august..

Processor must give best performance for games..u know what i'm talking about...C2D..ok

RAM 4GB ofcourse costs Rs.2500(1Gb=750)..so remaining money is for the rest..

so my system must be for entertainment..if it meets entertainment it also meets business...so gimme the details of the website..n specifications etc.,

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
PLS HELP ME..

hi guys..i need some help from you...my budget is about 30k-35000.. i need motherboard+graphic card+processor+4GB RAM+WD hard disk and a power supply(ATX cabinet)..i forgot i need cabinet too..

motherboard must have onboard graphics 7.1 HD audio..6-8 USB ports..RAID..with crossfire capability..even overclocked version is enough

coming to graphic card..it must be 512MB..n it must meet the requirements of games upto 2008 august..

Processor must give best performance for games..u know what i'm talking about...C2D..ok

RAM 4GB ofcourse costs Rs.2500(1Gb=750)..so remaining money is for the rest..

so my system must be for entertainment..if it meets entertainment it also meets business...so gimme the details of the website..n specifications etc.,

abbe tujhe toh 30k sab kuch loot lena hain. for the above mentioned things, you need to have a greater budget.

Intel C2D E8200 - 7.5k -->> *processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLAPP

ASUS P5Q Deluxe - 12.5k --> *www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=2257&l1=3&l2=11&l3=709&l4=0

Transcend DDR2 667MHz 4GB RAM - 3k -->*www.transcendusa.com/Products/MemList.asp?srhMemWay=STD&LangNo=0

Sapphire HD4850 -10.6k --> *www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=244

Western Digital Caviar 640GB -3.6k -->*www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=394

CoolerMaster CM690 -3.5k -->*www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?act=detail&id=2908

CoolerMaster 600W PSU -3.1k -->*www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?category_id=27&product_id=2739

This should do the trick. Better eXtend your budget :D.

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
Limitations are:-

1.Supports upto 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM only on two slots. (Most recent chipsets support 8GB on 4 slots)
2.Onboard audio supports 5.1 channel. (Most recent chipsets go for 7.1)
3.4 SATA ports only.
4.Doesnot support RAID.
5.No fireware.

But it has GMA X3100 which gives it an edge over the rest.

If you don't want the aforementioned features then great Mobo at great price.:grin:

that is what i said lol feature wise many limitations - only 2 PCI slots also !
but performance wise it seems ok.

SenthilAnandh

Lost,But not yet defeated
Hi Guys

Please clarify this.

Which is the best in price performance comparison (Consider only medium end) and gaming and future proof.

1) An phenom X4 processor with latest amd mobo and HD4870 or
2) An intel quad with P45 mobo and HD4870

If I get a C2Q now will it be upgradeable after 2 years (with nehalem having new socket) on the other hand if i get a phenom now will it be upgradeable after 2 years (does the socket will be same future amd processors)

Please clarify it.

imgame2

Padawan
Hi Guys

Please clarify this.

Which is the best in price performance comparison (Consider only medium end) and gaming and future proof.

If I get a C2Q now will it be upgradeable after 2 years (with nehalem having new socket) on the other hand if i get a phenom now will it be upgradeable after 2 years (does the socket will be same future amd processors)

Please clarify it.

for gaming intel quad with a P45 mobo and HD4870 will beat the phenom competition any day ....so if u want gaming its intel combination all the way

and no C2Q can't be upgraded to nehalem cos nehalem uses a different chipset and socket altogether ...so with nehalem u will have to buy a new mobo ...but don't worry as nehalem will intially be for high-end only ...and will be very costly only after a year or so it will come to mainstream market...

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Hi Guys

Please clarify this.

Please clarify it.

Nehalem at the time of launch will burn the deepest hole in your pocket.
Have to wait least a year for cheaper mainstream products.(Remember C2D)

For gaming get either:-

1.Dual Core-Intel E8400/E8500/(E8600-If available) at 7.5/8.5/
(10.5k-Estimate) respectively(Good for gaming)
OR
2.Quad Core-Intel Q9300/Q9450 at 11/14k respectively.

[P.S-Don't go for Q6600,Its already outdated when target is gaming]

Mobo-ASUS P5Q/P5Q-PRO/P5Q-Deluxe at 8/9/12.5K respectively (P45)*

*Intel P45s aren't available here yet.

ATI HD4870(Mid-range) or HD4850x2(Better)(A little on the higher side)

AND YES, NO UPGRADE POSSIBLE ON ANY OF THE PLATFORMS(AT LEAST NOT WITH INTEL)

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
ATI HD4870(Mid-range) or HD4850x2(Better)(A little on the higher side)

HD4850x2 is not yet out and will take about two to three months to be available at decent price in market in India ..even if it is launched next month in September.

moreover its rumored to be priced at $399 against $299 when it was launched ....so expect to cost 25k initially in India.

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8899&Itemid=34

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
HD4850x2 is not yet out and will take about two to three months to be available at decent price in market in India ..even if it is launched next month in September.

moreover its rumored to be priced at $399 against $299 when it was launched ....so expect to cost 25k initially in India.

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8899&Itemid=34
That's what I said.

HD4850x2 will be pricey.

What about HD3870x2?

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
@acewin
thanks for the info regarding graphics cards. I have checked out a few of them and i am a bit confused. Can you or someone plse tell me the difference between the GeForce 8600GTS, GT and the latest in the range GeForce 8600GT 256MB DDR3 DUAL. What does the DDR3 Dual mean???

Is the DDR3 Dual card compatible with the MSI P35 Neo-F chipset??? Which one would be a good buy considering the fact that all the 8600 cards are in the range of Rs 4200 to 4400???

According to theitwares.com site the 8600GT 512Mb is costing Rs 4200 and primeabgb.com states the XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB DDR3 DUAL at
Rs 4400. I don't see any significant difference in the prices so i will go with the card which should serve me well for atleast 1.5 to 2 years in future. In that case will MSI P35 Neo-F mobo + GeForce 8600GT 256MB DDR3 DUAL graphics soln be a good option to go for??

tkin

Back to school!!
@acewin
thanks for the info regarding graphics cards. I have checked out a few of them and i am a bit confused. Can you or someone plse tell me the difference between the GeForce 8600GTS, GT and the latest in the range GeForce 8600GT 256MB DDR3 DUAL. What does the DDR3 Dual mean???

Is the DDR3 Dual card compatible with the MSI P35 Neo-F chipset??? Which one would be a good buy considering the fact that all the 8600 cards are in the range of Rs 4200 to 4400???

According to theitwares.com site the 8600GT 512Mb is costing Rs 4200 and primeabgb.com states the XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB DDR3 DUAL at
Rs 4400. I don't see any significant difference in the prices so i will go with the card which should serve me well for atleast 1.5 to 2 years in future. In that case will MSI P35 Neo-F mobo + GeForce 8600GT 256MB DDR3 DUAL graphics soln be a good option to go for??
Don't get it.Clearly from your post one card has 512MB memory while the other has 256MB at higher price.
Its REALLY obvious-Go for higher memory.

tkin

Back to school!!
what about it ?
Seen it give some really good results at benchmarks in some websites.Don't know about the price or availablility here.But looks like a real performer.
1. *www.techspot.com/review/86-ati-radeon-hd-3870-x2/
2. *www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3209
Theres more out there.Just google for 3870x2 review.

Price should be around 14~18k

imgame2

Padawan
Seen it give some really good results at benchmarks in some websites.Don't know about the price or availablility here.But looks like a real performer.
1. *www.techspot.com/review/86-ati-radeon-hd-3870-x2/
2. *www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3209
Theres more out there.Just google for 3870x2 review.

Price should be around 14~18k

no doubt its a good performer ..but price is the problem as far as i know in india its priced for 21k to 23k but availability might be a problem...

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@acewin

That 512MB model will be sporting GDDR2 RAM and not GDDR3. Anyways the MSi N8600GT 256MB GDDR3 is a nice grafix card. ASUS EN8600GT 256MB GDDR3 is also something you should look forward to :). The mobo is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom