Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
it wont create any problem, it will be owned by him, (though warranty can be claimed anytime anywhere, by anyone), until and unless there is something in Dell EPP like giving for friends. If that be then the address would be yours.

Beside where does he lives, n where do you live??

Ask the Dell Customer Care of the rules,

I think ownership wud be kinda joint,,but he says dat can be changed completely in my name within 30 days of purchase,,but he's not sure about it..
iam in calicut,,he works for Dell international services,,at Gurgaon,,

earlyman21

the innocent gamer
hi guys i m new here looking to purchase a vfm gaming rig i ve already set my heart on the msi 8800 gt-oc & intel e7200 plz give me a config which should'nt bottle neck the g p u & proccy . help me with the other things cabby ,psu,ram,hdd,tft monitor(prefferably 2/5 ms ) ,speakers(cheap & best) and a ups which can give me 5 - 10 mins back up . plz it should be a stable sys should'nt give me any over heating probs
MY BUDGET IS 35-38 k :!:

have 1 month 2 purchase :smile:

imgame2

Padawan
hi guys i m new here looking to purchase a vfm gaming rig i ve already set my heart on the msi 8800 gt-oc & intel e7200 plz give me a config which should'nt bottle neck the g p u & proccy . help me with the other things cabby ,psu,ram,hdd,tft monitor(prefferably 2/5 ms ) ,speakers(cheap & best) and a ups which can give me 5 - 10 mins back up . plz it should be a stable sys should'nt give me any over heating probs

why 8800gt OC ...???

ur budget including GPU and CPU or excluding that ...??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

E8400: 7.5k or E7200 : 5.5k
MSI P45 NEO-F: 5k-5.5k or ASUS G31 based mobo: 2.5k
Kingston DDR2 2Gig: 2k
Dell 198WFP : 9.1k
WD 640Gb HDD: 3.5k

Total : 28k or 23k

You need to increase your budget to get a GPU like HD4850 or 9800GTX+ (they beat 8800GT to hell)

Also consider HD4870 for 17k that beats any nvidia card except GTX280 (which costs twice).

HD4850: 9.5k
9800GTX+ : 11k
9600GT: 5.5k

Coolermaster Elite 330: 1.8k
Coolermaster 600W PSU: 3k

Kobian 500W PSU + Cabinet : 2k-2.5k

Philips MMS430 : 3k or Creative SBS 2.1 370: 1.2k

APC 650VA UPS: 3k

Hi guys ...

As u guys already know about the Nvidia-Digit Optimized PC Contest HERE IS LINK.

I am thinking about participating in the contest. Is it worth it ?
Also .. i am not well aware of the various benchmarking standards. In this contest, 2 benchmarking tools wld be used to rate the performance of the participitants i.e. 3DMARK06 and PCMARK05.

So for these two tools, what wld be the best config in the Budget of 22k ?
I have many doubts ....

1. Which Platform to Choose ? AMD has Decent Mobos and Intel has E7200 ? Dnt knw how much will mobo performance affects 3DMARK06 and PCMark 05 scores ?

2. How much RAM and wat frequency? No Idea How RAM affects Scores. AFAIK AMD benefits from Lower Latency and Intel needs more Frequency ?
Which brand to buy? 667 or 800 ? 2 GB or 4 GB ?

3. Which Graphic card ? ATI are more VFM .. but Sponsor is Nvidia

4. Which HDD ? which is fastest 160 GB hdd ?

5. Cabinet and PSU ? Low range but shld be enuf for the rest config.

Help me guys ...............share ur gyaan.

Hope no one else is participating xcept me

no one ???

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

E7200 is nice, go with it. Good for a budget condfig.

E7200
MSI P35 Neo -F
2GB Transcend 800MHz RAM
Sapphire HD4850
LiteOn LH-20A1P drive
WD Caviar 640GB HDD
CM Elite 330 Cabby
CM 600W PSU
Dell is the best you can get. Dell 1908WFP. Its a 19" LCD.
Logitech G1 Gaming Desktop kbd+mouse Combo.
Altec Lansing BXR1121 2.1 Speakers (Cheap and good).

sayantan_bestfriend

Right off the assembly line
Friends, can you help me.
I am going to buy a motherboard but not more than 4k. I have two DDR2 ram of 1GB each, 8600GT graphix card, 2.66 GHz p4 processor, and my power supply is 450 watt. which motherboard should i buy? If there is any motherboard of that range that can support SLI technology,and can be overclocked as well (also available in KOLKATA)? and is my power supply sufficient or a new smps is necessary? please reply soon...thanks in advance

acewin

Point Blanc
I think ownership wud be kinda joint,,but he says dat can be changed completely in my name within 30 days of purchase,,but he's not sure about it..
iam in calicut,,he works for Dell international services,,at Gurgaon,,

whatever it be man, play safe. Good Luck. if it goes good tell me also(transferring of the hardware)

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Friends, can you help me.
I am going to buy a motherboard but not more than 4k. I have two DDR2 ram of 1GB each, 8600GT graphix card, 2.66 GHz p4 processor, and my power supply is 450 watt. which motherboard should i buy? If there is any motherboard of that range that can support SLI technology,and can be overclocked as well (also available in KOLKATA)? and is my power supply sufficient or a new smps is necessary? please reply soon...thanks in advance

If you extend ur budget by 1k ... Then u can get SLI board.
But I think your processor isn't LGA 775 socket one .. So the processor wont work with this board.U need to upgrade your processor in that case.
And ur power supply is fine currently.For SLI .... Go for atleast 600W.

sayantan_bestfriend

so
amrawtanshx ,

which motherboard do you suggest for <4K that will give best performance with 8600GT? is that nforce 630i or something else is better? bugget is always a problem...

acewin

Point Blanc
if buying a GPY get DG31 based mobo. instead or if can pay 500 bucks extra get P35 chipset based mobo

but anyhow they are LGA 775 based mobo so if u have 478 socket proccy get any older mobo from MSI or ASUS based on 915 chipset or DG101 based mobo with ati 200 chipset

Last edited:

sayantan_bestfriend

why should I go for 610 chipset while I can get 630 at 2.9k? but the problem I am facing is to select between 630i and 650i... and i don't know the price of 650i... but is nforce's motherboard(630i/650i) is best at this range(4K) or there are others? and which motherboard can handle better overclocking? nforce or gigabyte?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
why should I go for 610 chipset while I can get 630 at 2.9k? but the problem I am facing is to select between 630i and 650i... and i don't know the price of 650i... but is nforce's motherboard(630i/650i) is best at this range(4K) or there are others? and which motherboard can handle better overclocking? nforce or gigabyte?

obviously nForce

tkin

Back to school!!
Fellow Digitians, you must be aware of my frantic search for nVidia graphic cards over the past month.
I've narrowed my search to ZOTAC and EVGA.

So here's the questen.

Which of these two is the best in terms of Performance,Price,Build Quality and Support in India?

Please answer as soon as you can, thanks in advance.

imgame2

Padawan
Fellow Digitians, you must be aware of my frantic search for nVidia graphic cards over the past month.
I've narrowed my search to ZOTAC and EVGA.

So here's the questen.

Which of these two is the best in terms of Performance,Price,Build Quality and Support in India?

Please answer as soon as you can, thanks in advance.

simple answer... both are available only through tirupati distributors (kolkata)...so support will be the same ...and for u ...since u are from kolkata ...shouldn't be a problem for both.

performance wise - obviously EVGA better especially those overclocked models no match for them (even zotac amp! editons are good..will have to check reviews).but for plain models both are same cos both has reference design.

Price - zotac is much cheaper without compromising the quality.

build quality - can't comment cos i have not seen but i guess EVGA will look flashy and much better looking card...just a guess though.

warranty - Zotac gives 5 years warranty if u register it within 14 days else 3 years,while EVGA gives 1year +1year warranty and also provides limited lifetime warranty....but its very confusing ..i suggest its best to ask from ur vendor whats the warranty they are providing. but looking plain Zotac -3 years and EVGA-1 year.

PS-why don't u give tirupati and call and ask them about what they have to offer.

tkin

Back to school!!
simple answer... both are available only through tirupati distributors (kolkata)...so support will be the same ...and for u ...since u are from kolkata ...shouldn't be a problem for both.

performance wise - obviously EVGA better especially those overclocked models no match for them (even zotac amp! editons are good..will have to check reviews).but for plain models both are same cos both has reference design.

Price - zotac is much cheaper without compromising the quality.

build quality - can't comment cos i have not seen but i guess EVGA will look flashy and much better looking card...just a guess though.

warranty - Zotac gives 5 years warranty if u register it within 14 days else 3 years,while EVGA gives 1year +1year warranty and also provides limited lifetime warranty....but its very confusing ..i suggest its best to ask from ur vendor whats the warranty they are providing. but looking plain Zotac -3 years and EVGA-1 year.

PS-why don't u give tirupati and call and ask them about what they have to offer.
Thanks a lot for the info.
Its sad that EVGA Step-Up isn't available here,otherwise it would be the better option.So far ZOTAC looks enticing, will look out for reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom