Status
Not open for further replies.

salilrane

.........Access Denied!!!
AsusP5K PL VM
Core 2 Duo2.53GhzE7200 - (3MB L2 cache 2.53Ghz 1066MHz)trancend 1gb 800mhz RAM

what u guys think abt it

^^ yes i agree and thank you.

I'm not going to overclock my system. in such a case what is my ideal FSB : DRAM ratio. (if it is 1:1) then please suggest which combination of processor and RAM will be good.

@abhipal

Why it has to be Intel ?? Why not AMD, as AMD would give far better performance under your budget allowing a X4 along side of HD 3200 onboard graphics !!!!

AMD Phenom X4 9550 @ Rs. 7700 /- + VAT
GigaBite GA-MA78GM-S2H (Onboard ATi HD3200) @ Rs. 4400 /- + VAT
2 GB DDR-II 667 Corsier (1 GB x2) @ Rs. 2100 /- + VAT
DVD RW IDE LG @ Rs. 1050 /- + VAT
iBall Gamer without PSU @ Rs. 1500 /- + VAT
Cooler Master 600 eXtreme @ Rs. 3200 /- + VAT

TAX @ 4% Rs. 798 /-
Total Rs. 20748 /-

See HD 3200 is far better than any available Intel onboard solution !!! where as Cooler Master 600 watts is a really good PSU which would make sure at-least u never have to worrey about PSU no matter ho many accessories you add :D
9550 is Rs. 7300 now.
so with his extra 2K, I think he can add a HD3450 in hybrid graphics mode :D
that can *even* play crysis decently.
Depends on the gpu used.
4xxx not supported, but 2xxx and 3xxx definitely.

Also, the most powerful GPU which can be crossfiredX'ed with onboard HD3200 is HD3650, which retails at 4K for 512MB GDDR3 version. Its much better than 8600GT as an indivudual card, and combined with HD3200 IGP, it can come close to the much more expensive 9600GSO.

But I have not been lucky enough to see benchmarks of a rig with an average phenom processor and a 780G board, with comparison of 9600GSO and HD3200+HD3650. Anyone has link for one such review ?
^^ yes i agree and thank you.

I'm not going to overclock my system. in such a case what is my ideal FSB : DRAM ratio. (if it is 1:1) then please suggest which combination of processor and RAM will be good.
If you are not going to overclock your system and you give importance to memory, then why don't you try Phenom X4 setup as ChotoCheeta told ? It would be cheaper.

BTW, you might want to wait till year end so that AMD Deneb and Intel Core i7 come out if you want a long lasting rig.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Not necessarily, applications like Archivers(eg-7zip),Video converters that can use more than two threads efficiently will show better performance in Q6xxx series.Games and other applications that are single or dual threaded will gain edge with E8xxx series.So choice depends on type of use mostly.Best to go for Q9xxx series for a bit extra $$.:D

:shock::shock::shock:
Are you sure??
ITwares list Q9450 at 17,300/- Are you talking about Q9300?

Is IT wares GOD ??? I mean come to Kolkata and we can shop together at that price...

if you are considering Web Marketting, then why not DeltaPage ?? *www.deltapage.com/ at their end, incl VAT and all tax it is Rs. 14k !!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Ejjactly.

h/w prices at IT Wares is always lot higher than the same at other dealers.

If I configure a pc worth 30k at IT Wares, I can get the same config for 3k-5k less at a local dealer.

There is one more such dealer "computer warehouse". Believe it or not, E8500 costs 11.5k there when I can get it for 8.5k at SP Road.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Is IT wares GOD ??? I mean come to Kolkata and we can shop together at that price...

if you are considering Web Marketting, then why not DeltaPage ?? *www.deltapage.com/ at their end, incl VAT and all tax it is Rs. 14k !!!!

Never knew there was so much of difference. But I doubt we get such high end processors anywhere here in Kerala![

tkin

Back to school!!

Thanks for the info.:)
Anyway, I live in KOLKATA myself and being a novice I had no idea that such huge differences in price exists between some online sites(ITwares) and street prices here.The graphic cards prices of ITwares seemed a bit high and outdated too. Should've checked it out.:(
Could you mention a few shops here so I can check the prices.:smile:
What about E8600(3.33GHz)?:D

imgame2

Padawan

even deltapage is costly ...i live in chennai and i know the shop and i have been there ..today i asked for the price for Coolermaster600 W/corsair VX450 and he quoted me 3.75k and gecube HD4850 for 11.5k ...asking other dealers revealed it is 3.3k for Coolermaster 600W and Vx450.... which is costlier than what is stated at itwares ..but including shipping it will cost me the same.

point is u can get only few things at good price at a shop ...and specially online shops ...don't bother to change the stuff thats not selling ...this is the case with ITwares ....the stuff thats selling hot ..its price is updated regularly ....for latest price always call up and ask the guy ....

i m not into online shopping or anything ...but online shops can only give u an idea ...for better deals its always better to do research in local market ...atleast for stuff like mobo and proccy.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
even deltapage is costly ...i live in chennai and i know the shop and i have been there ..today i asked for the price for Coolermaster600 W/corsair VX450 and he quoted me 3.75k and gecube HD4850 for 11.5k ...asking other dealers revealed it is 3.3k for Coolermaster 600W and Vx450.... which is costlier than what is stated at itwares ..but including shipping it will cost me the same.

point is u can get only few things at good price at a shop ...and specially online shops ...don't bother to change the stuff thats not selling ...this is the case with ITwares ....the stuff thats selling hot ..its price is updated regularly ....for latest price always call up and ask the guy ....

i m not into online shopping or anything ...but online shops can only give u an idea ...for better deals its always better to do research in local market ...atleast for stuff like mobo and proccy.

Yes, this seems to be the the scenario in most of the online shops.

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
Re: Help needed in upgrading my current config.

E8400 + MSI P35 Neo-F + Transcend 2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM + WD Caviar 640GB HDD + Zebronics Krish + CM500W PSU :).

And if you need a GPU, take a look at Palit 9600GSO 384MB GDDR3. Nice budget solution.

@KPowerMania
Thanks a lot for the valuable suggestion. So after much thought i have decided the following upgrade for temporarily-
1] E8400 Processor (8k)
2] MSI P35 Neo-F (may be around 4k).
But too bad it has only 1 IDE slot coz i wanted to connect my IDE based 1 Lite ON DVD Writer and 2 HDD's (80Gb+250Gb) but now will be connecting my 250Gb and the writer only.
3] Transcend 2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM (Rs 1850/-)
4] Western Digital 500Gb HDD (Model: WD5000AAKS) (Rs 3500/-)
5] Zebronics Krish Cabinet (Rs 950/-) and Cool Master CM500W SMPS
(around Rs 2650/-)
Total Cost- Rs 21k approx (fits in my budget)
NOTE: I will be using the PC for occasional gaming, programming and multimedia purpose.

Finally i need answers to a few small doubts-
1] Does the CM500W has sufficient connectors to connect the
2 HDD's (500Gb+250GB), Lite ON DVD writer, the mobo, RAM and the other peripherals??
2] The RAM frequency of 800Mhz is good enough for this config or does it need to be more??
Regards.

icebags

Technomancer
Re: Help needed in upgrading my current config.

@KPowerMania
Thanks a lot for the valuable suggestion. So after much thought i have decided the following upgrade for temporarily-
1] E8400 Processor (8k)
2] MSI P35 Neo-F (may be around 4k).
But too bad it has only 1 IDE slot coz i wanted to connect my IDE based 1 Lite ON DVD Writer and 2 HDD's (80Gb+250Gb) but now will be connecting my 250Gb and the writer only.
3] Transcend 2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM (Rs 1850/-)
4] Western Digital 500Gb HDD (Model: WD5000AAKS) (Rs 3500/-)
5] Zebronics Krish Cabinet (Rs 950/-) and Cool Master CM500W SMPS
(around Rs 2650/-)
Total Cost- Rs 21k approx (fits in my budget)
NOTE: I will be using the PC for occasional gaming, programming and multimedia purpose.

Finally i need answers to a few small doubts-
1] Does the CM500W has sufficient connectors to connect the
2 HDD's (500Gb+250GB), Lite ON DVD writer, the mobo, RAM and the other peripherals??
2] The RAM frequency of 800Mhz is good enough for this config or does it need to be more??
Regards.

1] if its CM500W extreme power plus, then it has a hell lot of connectors , u wont hav to worry abt connecting at all. :D
2] All these core 2Duos / Core2 Quads ahave 1333MHz FSB , that means 2 X 667MHz RAMs are ok. but benchmarks show 2-3 FPS increase in different games if u get 2 X 800MHz RAMs.

Some high end extreme core processors habe 1600MHz FSB tho.

batsD1

Broken In
Been searching and reading and finally decided. What do you think??

Tagan BZ800 800W Modular Power Supply
Core 2 Quad Q9450
ASUS P5Q Deluxe
Graphics - Sapphire / Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
RAM - 2 x 1 GB G-Skill F2-6400CL5S-2GBPQ (800MHz)
HDD -2 x 500 GB Western Digital Model: WD5000AAJS
1 20x Sony lite scribe dvd and 1 20x RW- DVD
Creative 5300 5.1
Monitor - Dell SP2208WFP
Cabinet - Cooler master CM 690

Should be able to squeeze everything within 75 to 80 big ones.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Been searching and reading and finally decided. What do you think??

Tagan BZ800 800W Modular Power Supply
Core 2 Quad Q9450
ASUS P5Q Deluxe
Graphics - Sapphire / Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
RAM - 2 x 1 GB G-Skill F2-6400CL5S-2GBPQ (800MHz)
HDD -2 x 500 GB Western Digital Model: WD5000AAJS
1 20x Sony lite scribe dvd and 1 20x RW- DVD
Creative 5300 5.1
Monitor - Dell SP2208WFP
Cabinet - Cooler master CM 690

Should be able to squeeze everything within 75 to 80 big ones.

get 4gig RAM to be at par with the powerful processor and GPU

there is only some 400 bucks difference between 500Gb and 640Gb HDD's. Get WD 640Gb HDD. It has two 320Gb platters and is pretty fast.

Get Logitech X-540 or Philips MMS460 5.1. These will blow away Creative 5300, which btw sucks to the core. If you are fan of Creative labs, Get T6060 and Choto mentioned.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^^^

Why Intel ?? Same budget would allow X3 + 780G naa ??
To be honest Intel is way ahead of AMD in terms of performance.
Also the X3 has some issues with the 3rd core.Seems some applications can't use it.But its price vs performance is good.

OFF TOPIC-Please take a look at this- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96649
Its getting out of hand.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom