Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I'd been to the market and damn it.. I cudn't get AS5 anywhere :( Got CoolerMaster NanoFusion. Anyone used it? Hafn't yet opened the seal. Any experiences to share, guys?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
see the thing is i will be gpoing for 3850 coz:

1. 10.1
2. hdmi
3. cheaper

now is the performance of 8800gt so good tht i overlook the abv :?:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey guys over clocking the E4500 means better RAM, Better PSU right ? and also a good fan !!
i saw the over clock to 3.22Ghz from 2.2Ghz ! Sounds Cool to me !

but what about life for that OCed processor ?

am like now very confused ! about E4500 ! or AMD5200 ! Just coz of clock speed !

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@iMav
HD 3850 512 MSI has fallen to 9k here. The prices in itwares has not been updates yet.
And the cheapest 8800GT MSI is bout 4k more expensive on net price. Though its gud, i dont think its worth 4kmore as 8800GT heats up more, so limited ocing.
And with 8800GT ull need more powerful PSu, atleast a 600w one. But 3850 wud be fine with a gud 450~500w one. SO u can save another 1~1.5k there.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
^ One of my friend is using XFX 8800GT Alfa Dog Edition on the same PSU as mine i.e CM Xtreme 430W and by far he isn't feeling any problem, all his games running smooth, even crysis.
But it is necessary like u have already said that the PSU should be 600W atleast.
Mine suggestion is 500W atleast.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
They are all almost same yaar, use it...no problems.
Yeah, hoping so.

hey guys over clocking the E4500 means better RAM, Better PSU right ? and also a good fan !!

am like now very confused ! about E4500 ! or AMD5200 ! Just coz of clock speed !
Wanna overclock... then Intel ones are the way to go without doubt!!! If you cool the proc. properly then you don't hafta worry about their life.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

overclocking any proccy means the same be it intel or AMD.with E4500 u can get some good speeds with everything stock.with 5000 black edition u'll need to spend on a cooler,a good mobo,etc which would roughly make the total cost close to E8200 which does 4ghz on stock cooler.

get E4500 , abit ip35pro

life of an OC'ed proccy would not be less than 3yrs atleast.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
@nish dude if i take add up the psu and cabinet the config crosses 30k :(

howz 3850 instead of 8800gt and how much of a differnece wud a non-amd board hav

well one thing first-- Spider platform has improved performance over non-spider AMD platform only but has good VFM.

3850 is a good card but for the price i'd suggest 9600GT.direct x10.1 has no benefit.

The 9600GT performs quite well in this part. The lead is 15% compare to HD 3850. Even we throw away the low Lost planet result, the card still leads 10%. Of course there is not a complete winning, HD 3850 is good at games like Bioshock.

Review-
*en.expreview.com/2008/02/23/geforce-9600gt-review/?page=10

isnt 9600GT @ 10k better than 3850 at 9k ?

check the reivew . yes 9600GT is better

Last edited:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I have finally decided on the components i want to buy...

Q6600
XFX 780i SLI (since P5N-D is not available yet)
2X2gb 800Mhz DDR2 Corsair ( might go for 8 gb as well)
XFX 8800GTS XXX edition
Corsair VX550 PSU
Coolermaster Elite 330

any suggestion guys...

darklord

Cyborg Agent
I have finally decided on the components i want to buy...

Q6600
XFX 780i SLI (since P5N-D is not available yet)
2X2gb 800Mhz DDR2 Corsair ( might go for 8 gb as well)
XFX 8800GTS XXX edition
Corsair VX550 PSU
Coolermaster Elite 330

any suggestion guys...

Dont go for the 780i, not a very good chipset.Works very hot,why ? because its the same old 680i anyways.
Q6600 is fine, pair it with,

Abit IP35-E
Abit IP35 Pro
Abit IX38 QuadGT
Asus P5-E
Gigabyte X38-DS5
Asus P5K Deluxe

All are excellent boards.
Everything else looks fine.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
what do you mean it doesnt heat, its still the same 680i chipset dear.I have owned 680i and i know how hot it gets.I have seen the 780i board and the cooler on the northbridge, its a chunky one and might keep things under control but if i were to spend 15k on a mobo, i would rather buy a Abit/Asus/Gigabyte rather than Nvidia reference boards.
Also since 780i is based on 680i, you can forget about getting good clocks out of it either.
Also SLI does not scale as efficiently as Crossfire does so i would any day prefer X38/X48 based boards which support CF, buy 2 ATI cards cheap and enjoy CF. :)

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
i never said u r wrong bro. Sli is no advantage-but he wants nvidia.i only said that heat is not much that u start pulling ur hair :D , its just more than what intel chipsets run at.
yes if i had 15k in hand i'd buy intel chipset-my DX38 is ordered.i've even suggested him 750i which gives almost same performance as 780i for 6000bucks less.

XFX 8800GT XXX is crap , 3870X2 rocks when choosing between those 2 and that price.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
see i need a mobo which wikll supoort the new processors from INtel... must have Nvidia support... i am not a overclocker and am taking this machien for gaming and 3D work in MAx and Maya.... 780i supports the new processors... have a Sli system and rest all normal... i was looking for P5N-D which is not available yet with rashi even...

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
780i supports penryns,C2D,C2Q,C2E
if u r not overclocking get a budget Sli motherboard-15k is an overkill if all u want is good Sli.
dont go for P5N-D until there are good customer reviews + good mobo reviews.right now there's none.
get a P7N sli plt or else wait if u can-it will be better

Also u r spending 12k i think for 4gb ram,isnt it?a 2gb DDR3 would cost the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom