Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@ajayashish
8800GTS 1GB is very gud, though most games require to run at resolutions higher than 1600*1200 to use that whole lotta memory But at higher resolutions its a clear winner and is way better than 512 MB ones.

which is ur monitor?

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i have a 17" TFT for now but thinking of getting a 22" dell monitor within 2months... what will be the cost of 1GB GTS... i want to stay within 20-22k for graphics options... and if it is SLI can add a bit to that also

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Here's a sneak preview of the board. Since the board is nowhere pictures, but as the site is saying, it does pretty overclocking
i found it now--
*www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=728

as i expected - same old story ..! :p

In some cases when testing SLI we saw 20% and higher performance gains, which is very impressive. This leads us to believe that Triple-SLI would be much faster when using the nForce 790i Ultra SLI chipset opposed to the nForce 780i SLI. Of course most of you are not going to be all that interested in Triple-SLI performance. Furthermore, those that invested in the nForce 780i SLI platform to use this incredibly high-end feature should have no issue forking out the extra cash for a shiny new nForce 790i Ultra SLI and the DDR3 memory to go with it. Overall we have been impressed with the new nForce 790i Ultra SLI chipset as it is everything the nForce 780i SLI should have been. That said, we have also found the ASUS Striker II Extreme to be a highly impressive product that offers rock solid performance and stability. Although the ASUS P5N-T Deluxe is still a very good motherboard, we always suspected that it was just filling the void till the nForce 790i Ultra SLI came along, and this is now clearly the case.

digitraju

Broken In
Want to upgrade. Please help.

Presently I have Intel 946GZIS mobo, Intel C2D E-6300@1.86 GHz, 2 GB DDR2 RAM@667MHz and ATI Radeon R700 graphics card with 21" Samsung SyncMaster 1200NF; running WinXP Home Edition.

I want to play games at 1600X1200 with good effects. Also extensively Photoshop and some video editing.

My graphics card is very slow. Will upgrading just the graphics solve my problem? Don't want SLI. Which card to buy? Should be easily available.

Going for P35 chipset based Asus mobo plus C2D E 6700/6750. How much performance gain can be expected? At what cost?

4 GB RAM Vs 2 GB. Is it worth it?

Please help.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Re: Want to upgrade. Please help.

Presently I have Intel 946GZIS mobo, Intel C2D E-6300@1.86 GHz, 2 GB DDR2 RAM@667MHz and ATI Radeon R700 graphics card with 21" Samsung SyncMaster 1200NF; running WinXP Home Edition.

I want to play games at 1600X1200 with good effects. Also extensively Photoshop and some video editing.

My graphics card is very slow. Will upgrading just the graphics solve my problem? Don't want SLI. Which card to buy? Should be easily available.

Going for P35 chipset based Asus mobo plus C2D E 6700/6750. How much performance gain can be expected? At what cost?

4 GB RAM Vs 2 GB. Is it worth it?

Please help.

Well change that motherboard of yours if u want a graphics card and u don't need to change your processor because ur motherboard is bottlenecking ur processor's performance.

ABit IP-35-E and 9600GT or 8800GT and overclock your processor!
It would be easy for us to suggest u something if u can tell something on your "CASH HOLD".

4GB always an advantage but go for 800MHz sticks instead of buying 667Mhz.

i found it now--
*www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=728

as i expected - same old story ..! :p

Yeah! But the one i gave u say they have reached the chipset to 615MHz now thats impressive!

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
Hey Saurav, why have you changed your user title to Bye Bye ?? Little Devil sounded much better ! :confused:

digitraju

Broken In
Thanks Keith

I do not have a cash hold limit so to say, but I want a solution with least spending. How much the ABit IP-35-E motherboard will cost? And the graphics cards? I am okay with anything below 10K for each of them. The less the better.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Thanks Keith

I do not have a cash hold limit so to say, but I want a solution with least spending. How much the ABit IP-35-E motherboard will cost? And the graphics cards? I am okay with anything below 10K for each of them. The less the better.

IP-35-E costs almost 5.5K
9600GT@ 10K
8800GT@12K

8800GT give better performance than 9600GT so its all upto u that if u can shell out 2K more but trust me that 'll be worth spending!

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hii guys !
I wanted to buy a PC for 25k !!

If things go right i might get it in 2-3 Weeks !!! I have been pushing it since an year :( hope this time i get it !

please suggest a good PC, and Am not into gaming !

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
ok..
a Samsung 17" CRT for 4350
WD 160GB hdd for 2200
Abit IP 35-E + E8200 = 5500 + 8000
2 *1gb Kingston DDr2 667 = 1800
Samsung Optical Drive for 1350
8400GS 256mb= 2200 ,assuming u r not into gaming
total=25400

A

ankitsagwekar

i want to upgrade my pc i have 25k in my hand and only buy core components without add-in graphic card i buy graphic card end of year can any body suggest me some good config
main aim to upgrade pc is play game

Shloeb

In the zone
I want to upgrade my pc. Budget 20k
I though of the following components.
So tell me if this configuration is ok? Budget 20k.
Core 2 Duo E2160 Rs.2600/-
Abit IP35-E Rs.5500/-
MSI 9600GT Rs.10000/-
CM Extreme Power 600W Rs.3600/-
2GB DDR2 800Mhz Rs.1800/-

But that goes more than 20k. It becomes Rs.23500/-. I want to stay under 20k. So please tell me on which thing i should compromise so that i don't lose much on the performance. Thanks.

shivamamin

Broken In
Hi,

I just wanted to check with you if there are any issues comming up with the system having the following configurations on an I-ball Baby 306 cabinet. Acctually the dealer at Lamington Road (MUMBAI) told me that the system will hang if a configuartion like the one below will be put into the I-Ball baby 306 because it is too small for such a high power system. Please check the config. and let me know. Thanks in adv.

Intel Original MOtherboard DG31PR
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz
Transend 1 GB DDR2 677 MHz RAM
Lite On DVD Writer 20x SATA
Hard Disk Western Digital 160 GB

Pleas let me know if the above config. will hang if used with a BABY 306 I-ball cabinet.

Shivam

This is your final,right?

You should buy this

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^ What u r buying is what I originally decided to buy. Change your config to this new one if u r not into overclocking.

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500
Intel DG33FB
2X1 GB DDR2 667 RAM
Samsung SH-203D DVD Writer
Western Digital 250 GB WD2500AAKS harddisk with 16 MB Buffer.

If you are into over clocking then simply buy some other good over clocking motherboard & keep the rest same.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
and abt the hang issue-- no it won if the temperatures are in control..but i'd recommend a ATX mid tower cabinet

i want to upgrade my pc i have 25k in my hand and only buy core components without add-in graphic card i buy graphic card end of year can any body suggest me some good config
main aim to upgrade pc is play game
hmm..do u own any gfx card at present thats PCI-express?

Intel Q6600 for 10500~11000 (depends on the location)
P7N Sli platinum for 9800
2gb kingston ram for 1.8k and a WD 250gb hdd for 3k

with 25k in hand for just core components,dont even think of a dual core proccy !

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey nish_higher ! thanks ~! the spec look good !

but i wanted LCD ! can you suggest one if possible intel or a AMD based RIg !

I mostly wanted ViewSonic VX1940m LCD !! Or you got a better cheaper and alternate solution ??

i was thinking of AMD 5200 and an ASUS Mobo for 3-5k and 2gb Ram PC with LCD
i don't think Intel core 2 duo + 2GB RAM + LCD is possible

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
change the processor to E4500 then and go for a samsung\dell LCD.but if i were u i'd rather buy a 2nd hand lcd and keep the config as such.they are cheap.u'd have to invest like a 2k more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom