Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
I am waiting for 790i to come out, its just a matter of a few days.Problem is its DDR3 but that is a very nice chipset, i will be getting that for my SLI benching, maybe you can wait for it, its a brand new chipset, runs very cool and clocks insanely and performs very well too.
Or else, Buy Abit IP35-E, cheap board but rock solid, you can get 8800GT or GTS or whatever you want and use it with it.
If you dont plan to do SLI, dont waste your hard earned money on shitty 780i.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i am getting 4gb in 7k... and i need that high ram for my MAX work as it is RAM HUNGRY... so which mobo will u suggest...

well i am not planning for SLI now but can do that after sometime... so i want my options open...

also DDR3 is a problem for me as thay are costly and even 4gb ddr3 will cost 12k

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Abit IP35-E will even support 8GB RAM dear and seriously, with that board you cant go wrong, its for just 5.5k
you save whole 10k !
Also i am not sure but do these professional graphics apps support SLI ? do they ?

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Abit IP35-E will even support 8GB RAM dear and seriously, with that board you cant go wrong, its for just 5.5k
you save whole 10k !
Also i am not sure but do these professional graphics apps support SLI ? do they ?

Sli is needed for Games... in future... i can even go for 2 8800gt if it is better than 8800GTS... and the most important thing is the new procesors support...

darklord

Cyborg Agent
The cm extreme power retails at 3.6k on www.theitwares.com Check there. Please suggest me the ram,mobo,graphics card + psu. Budget 20000. Plzzzzzzz:(

Intel Pentium E2160 ----> ~ 2800/-
Abit IP35-E ------------> ~ 5,500/-
2GB DDR2 667 ----------> ~ 1500/-
Corsair VX450 -----------> ~ 3,600/-
Nvidia 8600GT -----------> ~ 5,000/-

Comes to approx. 18,400/- ;)

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
The cm extreme power retails at 3.6k on www.theitwares.com Check there. Please suggest me the ram,mobo,graphics card + psu. Budget 20000. Plzzzzzzz:(

Core 2 Duo E2160 Rs.2600/-
Abit IP35-E Rs.5500/-
CM Extreme Power 600W Rs.3600/-
2*1GB Kingston DDR2 800Mhz Rs.1800/-
Asus 8600GT for 6k

Total 19500

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Sli is needed for Games... in future... i can even go for 2 8800gt if it is better than 8800GTS... and the most important thing is the new procesors support...

Then its your call, i cant say much.
Why not ATI cards buddy ? If you arent aware, the R600 based FireGL cards blow lots of Quadro cards out of the water.

If i were in your place, i would buy -

Intel Q6600
Abit IP35 Pro ( CF support)
4GB DDR2 800 Ram
ATI 3870X2 ( Provided budget permits) or ATI 3850 512MB
IF i go for 3850, i can pick up another 3850 later on and do Crossfire.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
There are issues regarding ATI and 3D max as my friend is using that... Nvidia is best suited for the 3D purpose... i never challenge that nvidia is better than ATI but u dont want to see tat after i but my motiveis not solved... that is why i am for Nvidia

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
dont know much abt that... i want the thing to work with the factory setting as i am not that much technical and dont have muich time to invest on that even

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i do work professionally but am still leaning... am more into interiors and exterior and want this machine to help me make walkthroughs///

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
haha...dude whats with the 780i (crap board)!
Just google around and see how pathetic is that board. If u surely wan't to dump some cash in SLI based motherboard then wait for 790i, for a sec. ask urself a questions: Do u really need a Tri-SLI setup?
780i is no different than 680i.
If u really want to stuff some buck then hit on to X38 Quad -GT or IP-35 pro as everyone is suggesting.
But as i can see that u r an nVidia fan then wait for 750i, its worth waiting than later crying what u bought and not getting what u 've paid for!

If still want a SLI board then go for P5N-32E SLI (doesn't sports PCI-E 2.0)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
i do work professionally but am still leaning... am more into interiors and exterior and want this machine to help me make walkthroughs///

Then u better buy a ATI card & soft mod to FireGL.

To make walkthrough u need more VRAM so 512 MB is prefered. To render u need a fast CPU so Quad core is prefered. However, u don't need more then 2 GB RAM if U use VRay or Mental ray, just learn to optimise the scene.

sagardani

Lost in LOST
@ajayashish:

Why don't u consider P7N SLI Platinum ? It has all dual channel, PCI-E x16 2.0 and 2-way SLI... Comes around 10k... Im thinking of same. (well if u've more budget, look for higher ones)

By the way- just a question as some folks above seem from 3D & CGI field... Do people really need multi-gpu for animation ? For 3ds max and maya- what about buying a quad core cpu, nvidia quadro and plenty of ram ? I've heard that SLI is mostly used in gaming... Well actually Im going to do video editing mostly and I've selected SLI mobo.. So even Im still not 100% sure whether will I need it or not.... Just share your thoughts and knowledge........:)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
By the way- just a question as some folks above seem from 3D & CGI field... Do people really need multi-gpu for animation ?

We need as many CPU & CPU Cores as possible, but no need of SLI or Multi-GPU etc.

For 3ds max and maya- what about buying a quad core cpu, nvidia quadro and plenty of ram ?

That's the best config right now for animation.

Well actually Im going to do video editing mostly and I've selected SLI mobo.. So even Im still not 100% sure whether will I need it or not.... Just share your thoughts and knowledge........:)

Get a fast CPU, ATI Radeon HD 3xxx series based graphics card for GPU assisted encoding etc & 2 GB RAM.

sagardani

Lost in LOST
Get a fast CPU, ATI Radeon HD 3xxx series based graphics card for GPU assisted encoding etc & 2 GB RAM.

But why not nVidia... Well its not that Im fan of it... Why do u suggest Ati over nvidia ? And what will you say- Quadro or FireGL ? and why ?

For combination of editing, special effects and light animation (not heavy modelling, characters but scene backgrounds such as sky, clouds, birds, terrains, ocean, mountains, sun (rays), moon and editing purposes like colour grading)...

What will u suggest Quadro or FireGL and why ?

(Im seriosuly confused, earlier I was underestimating ATi, now I know they are also great)

So here's the point for Hot Debate- FireGL vs Quadro and SLI vs Crossfire

:grin: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom