Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
But why not nVidia... Well its not that Im fan of it... Why do u suggest Ati over nvidia ? And what will you say- Quadro or FireGL ? and why ?

In gaming graphics cards right now ATI is giving more features then nVidia & is better Value for money. A Radeon HD 3650 gives double the performance of GeForce 8600GT. It does looses to 8600GTS, considering everything is running at stock speed.

What will u suggest Quadro or FireGL and why ?

Quadro, as nVidia's OpenGL drivers are better then ATI.

In professional cards, I prefer Quadro & among SLI & CrossFire, I prefer none. I find it wastage of money to have multiple high end cards, better buy a XBOX 360 or PS3

sagardani

Lost in LOST
In gaming graphics cards right now ATI is giving more features then nVidia & is better Value for money. A Radeon HD 3650 gives double the performance of GeForce 8600GT. It does looses to 8600GTS, considering everything is running at stock speed.

Quadro, as nVidia's OpenGL drivers are better then ATI.

In professional cards, I prefer Quadro & among SLI & CrossFire, I prefer none. I find it wastage of money to have multiple high end cards, better buy a XBOX 360 or PS3

But u just talked about gaming... In my post #2940 I've expressed my need.. For that what- FireGL or Quadro ? You'll still go with Quadro ?

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i use Dual core now and get faster render... like in Vray when we render using single core we get one rendering bucket and in dual core we get 2... in quad we will get 4...

so it is always prefered to get a quad core for 3D work... ram is need for its efficiency... my friend in US works on a machine with some multiple quadcores and 8 gb ram...

i am also interested in make a nice machine for rebndering but at the same time for gaming as well.. Nvidia is prefered as i have faced problem with ATI ... rather my friend has.... now the main things is either 2 8800GT or one 8800GTS... and which board... i sorted out 780i which u all are saying dosent worth that...

P5N32-E is no 2.0 PCI-E so no way...
790i has DDR3 so am not going for that...

i need something which has 2.0 pCI-E and DDR2 and must support the new processors...

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
780i SLI is the only one which has pci-e 2.0,DDR2 and SLi support.
but if u wanna spens lotsa money then buy Intel Skulltrail.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
doesn't the abit ip35 pro cost around 10k ?? but my budget is only 25k !
so no way to over clock a E4500 on a 25k budget pc ??

too confusing !

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

i beg to differ..

*www.overclock3d.net/reviews.php?/gpu_displays/powercolor_hd3650_extreme_pcs_edition/5

radeon is on par with 8600GT. . .and the 8600GT beats the radeon 3650 in one game shown in the link.

and could you please elaborate on the features that radeon 3650 offers over 8600GT ?

i hope i did not misunderstand you . .does 3ds max perform better on radeon 3650 ?is that what you mean by performance twice that of 8600GT.

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
doesn't the abit ip35 pro cost around 10k ?? but my budget is only 25k !
so no way to over clock a E4500 on a 25k budget pc ??

too confusing !

IP35-E is a good overclocker

780i SLI is the only one which has pci-e 2.0,DDR2 and SLi support.
but if u wanna spens lotsa money then buy Intel Skulltrail.
its just no use. it has no advantage in any field over the new extreme proccy

@ ajay make ur mind for the card first and then decide a board.if its gonna be Sli i'd suggest P7N sli anyday.i'm very impressed with that board since my friend has bought it after i told him abt it and now my P5N32E Sli feels like nothing.
*www.overclock3d.net/reviews.php?/cpu_mainboard/msi_p7n_sli_platinum_750i_based_motherboard/1
Well the MSI P7N Platinum is a great overclocker for a mid range board and possibly the best value SLI solution on the market at this time.

or 790i-which u wont buy
if a single Nvidia card/Ati crossfire - IX38Quad GT or IP35 PRO

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
nish_higher !
thanks ! that's really interesting ! now to wait for money ;) and dad's approval ! also have to think about FANS and cooling

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
its not dat gud for overclocking........even without OC its chipsets heats up so high. abt 80+deg.C on load

.........but according to my personal opinion its a gud budget mobo and can go with moderate overclocking
what i mean is its a good overclocker for 5k ,better than any other board in this category.
board does not heat that much-not a single abit board afaik.maybe the board u own has some trouble

check product reviews first.

A link from a guy's profile on erodov - see the overclocking
INTEL E2140 @ 3Ghz -1.36v TRU
ABIT IP35 Dark Raider
TRANSCEND AXE 2x1GB@1000 4-4-4-10 2.3v
CM Xtreme 600W SilentX
OPTIARC :AD-7173S
ANTEC :1088AMG NashModd

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@akshay

hey don't be dat afraid of IP35-E.........its a gud mobo, I like it a lot, and trust me, it wont make u regret after u buy it.

Its the nature of P35 chipsets to heat much......its not dat Abit is bad.....they provide u a P35 chipset on a budget mobo when other makers like MSI,Asus,Gigabyte sells P35 mobos only above 10k+ prices. Actually if P35 chipsets hav to be cool, then they need Copper pipes as in 10k+ mobos.....or u will hav to be making ur on cooling solutions.....and these r only needed if u r going for extreme OCing

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
oh ok ! cool !!

hope the onboard gfx is good for vista and compiz fusion on linux ! LOL and in INDIA temperature in summer reaches 40* C !! certainly affects the overclock

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey this is how it is

2 gb ram 2k
160 gb hdd - 2k
ups - 1.5
dvd + key+ mice - 2k
tft viewsonic - 10k (wanted VX1940 or VX1945)

remains 7k for procy and mobo !!
else things go up to 30k ! which parents won't like at all !

hv to wait ! and try for increase in budget ! else go the AMD way !
5000 or 5200 with ASUS M2N MX mobo which fits 8k for mobo and procy !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom