Basic guide for the right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
Since i need an urgent advise so i am posting my query here also. I need a PSU. I preferably would want to make this purchase by tonight. I have two choices gs600 or seasonic s12ii 620w

On flipkart prices are- GS600 @ 5k and seasonic 620w @ 5.4k

I want to know if the seasonic one is worth the extra 400 bucks?
Processor- i5 2500k
Mobo- P8Z77-M
Rest of the rig is in the signature except for the above mentioned 2 upgrades. I am hoping to overclock my CPU to around 4.2-4.3 GHz. Will go for Aftermarket HSF as well. May overclock GPU in the future as well. I have checked prices of GS600 on various sites and after including shipping charges or credit card charges it comes down to 5000+. Since Flipkart has COD so i will prefer that. Please advise.

P.S. Sorry for the multiple posts but i needed an urgent advise so...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Both are quite equally matched. Seasonic gives 5 years warranty over Corsair‘s.

But other than this both are quite same.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
No problem mate :)
Good choice. Congrats :D
Sad luck on corsair gs600. Looks like Flipkart is running out of them. Got their mail today. Since i have no other option for paying but COD so Flipkart is my only option to buy from right now. I guess i will have to go with Seasonic s12ii 620w

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Avoid Seasonic but understand why I am saying so. I've said many times that Tirupathi enterprises are repairing power supplies, not replacing them- and a lot of people including power supply manufacturers who are in-charge of APAC operations have said that there is no RMA centre in India who is competent/knowledgeable or resourceful enough with proper post repair testing equipment to repair power supplies. Some people have been running around in other forums and have said that Seasonic is bad. That is not what I've said. If people cannot read properly and understand what I've written in basic English then some people just need to stop going in other forums and posting garbage.

Also to people who have been recommending FSP, check if those units are being replaced or repaired. No1- repeat- no1 has proper test equipments to repair such units in India.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Found Corsair VX-450 after a long time:
Buy Corsair VX450W Power Supply in India at the best price. Screenshots, videos, reviews available.

maheshn

Journeyman
If one looks around (read google), you will find the VX450 has Japanese Hitachi & Nippon Chemicon Capacitors, whereas the VS450 has Chinese Jun Fu/Su'sCon ones.
Point: The VX 450 will be much longer lasting than the other one and is of higher build quality.

Jonnyguru gave the VX450 9.5 out of 10 in their review. :)

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
The newer VX450 are crap and now they're shelved down. Move up with the times. Check out the newer Antec Basiq Series and CM Thunder. I am not sure if they're good or bad, but if there's a review from a reliable source that says its good- nothing like it!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a review of Antec VP450 :
Antec VP450 Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets
available on FK at 3k.

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
hey guys. i need a budget PSU for my rig

Phenom II X4 B25 [athlon II X3 425 with unlocked 4th core] @ 2.7GHz stock
GT240 1GB DDR3 GPU @ stock
4GB DDR3 RAM
1TB HDD wd green

my budget is very strict Rs.2200/- [+/- 200]

one of my friend is selling cooler master GX450W 1month old for 2.2k should i go ahead and buy it? it has single +12V rail with 35A. i had also checked corsair VS450 and it has 2 +12V rails. Cooler Master Thunder 450W also features 2 +12V rails.

i don't know anything about single or dual rails.

i might upgrade my gpu to HD7750 [consumes even lower power than GT240 afaik ] 8GB RAM and a new DVD drive.

bubusam13

Human
The newer VX450 are crap and now they're shelved down. Move up with the times. Check out the newer Antec Basiq Series and CM Thunder. I am not sure if they're good or bad, but if there's a review from a reliable source that says its good- nothing like it!

Thanks Sorcerer. Other look VX450 is also crap. Its better to buy a cheaper crap than a costly crap. I am happy with my decision of VS450. My desi Supercomp lasted 6 years anyway.

my budget is very strict Rs.2200/- [+/- 200]

Get VS450. I got it too. I am having a phenom x6, 6Gb DDR3, HD5770, 2 DVD drive, 2 TB + 80 GB HDD + 3 external 500 GB HDD always connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom