Basic guide for the right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhi191

Broken In
it will fit. the corsair is a entry level PSU. measure dimension of current PSU and check with corsair on their site :wink:

OK,, so i tried that and found the following info

For Corsair==> Width x Height x Depth: 150 x 86 x 140 mm

For my psu==>Width x Height x Depth: 146 x 96 x 138 mm

Take into consideration error of +- 5% as i did it with a scale..:D :D

So according to this it should fit comfortably in place of my current psu..:? :?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay i think that cx430v2 will fit in my computer cabinet but looking at its pictures it seems that it has its fan on the upper side..
*img7.flixcart.com//image/psu/g/b/u/corsair-cmpsu-430cxv2uk-400x400-imad67hfnhkzyh2b.jpeg

So i think that would cause problem because my cabinet has vents on back side only and not on the upper side.
Please suggest something else which has fans on the backside and not on upper side..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
when you will install the PSU on the cabby the fan will face towards down side ie the fan will face cpu fan - so it will take your cabinets and it's own own hot air out from the cabby using the vents at the back of the PSU which is absolutely fine - so just get that PSU without thinking much.

Abhi191

Broken In
Thanks for the advice,, bought corsair vs450 as cx430 was not available in the market..
Fits perfectly and runs smoothly..!!!
:D :D :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ congrats ;-)

is it possible for you to post a few pics and a little review ? there's absolutely no review available for VS450 - that's why I'm asking.

Abhi191

Broken In
^^ congrats ;-)

is it possible for you to post a few pics and a little review ? there's absolutely no review available for VS450 - that's why I'm asking.

Thanks..:)
And for the review i would love to provide one,, but i have installed it in my cabinet and i don't know how to review a psu..:? :?

If you know some utilities(like gpu-z) for reviewing psu then tell me,, i will be happy to post the results for it..:) :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Read a couple of PSU reviews first ;-) but I think it will be too much for you now as you will have to open up the PSu and take a couple of good close up pics ( opening the PSu will void warranty ) - so leave the idea of reviewing the PSU now.

Anyway, thanks for showing the eagerness.

000Orga

Broken In
Thanks for this thread, now I know better. I've been using the generic cheap ones for like a long time now. I guess that explains it why I've been getting those darn bsods or even slow downs when I don't even expect it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Other than PSu bsods and slow downs can be caused due to many other reasons.

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Avoid Seasonic as of now. The product is good but it seems that lot of retailers have started not to stock their product. Prime's sales is the latest person to say because Tirupathi Enterprise is cribing about making replacements. If Seasonic dissapears all of a sudden- blame Tirupathi enterprises.

Antec said they replace their power supplies and not repair. So that's a company one could probably take a look at.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Who is the main distri of Antec?
As of now i see it depot and Flip kart stocking them...

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
^^and the RMA? do they have service partners? or we have to send them back to point of purchase?

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Whichever company Prime associates themselves with they take care of the RMA of their own product.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Acc to the Antec Website these are the two Antec Distributors :

*devrajcomputers.com/
*hdigitallifestyle.com/

primeabgb and the It depot are etailers and there's also lots of other retailers of Antec roducts.

Antec - Where To Buy

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
I Have just ordered:
i5 2500K
Asus P8Z77-M Mobo

My current PSU is FSP saga II 500W. I was wondering if i need a new PSU to go for a slight overclock like 3.8-4.0 GHz for now? Right now my budget is a little tight and i am also ordering CM hyper 212 EVO or Plus. If I do need to get a PSu first then should i go for seasonic s12 620 or 520:-? ? My other specs are in signature.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ not recommended.
In my other thread you have suggested Corsair GS600 PSU. On TheItWares.com it says that this PSU has 27Amp on +12V rail where as on flipkart it says on +12V rail it has 48 Amp. A little confused now :-?

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@rohit you donot really need to do a 'slight' overclock. You will get great performance out of the box. But if you do OC would recommend a even powerful PSU like Corsair TX750v2

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
@rohit you donot really need to do a 'slight' overclock. You will get great performance out of the box. But if you do OC would recommend a even powerful PSU like Corsair TX750v2
If that is the case then i think i will have to wait a little as the power supply you have recommended is a little expensive :-(. How about GS700 or TX650 as i am never going to use either SLI or Crossfire?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.