AsRock & Biostar Motherboard Sellers in India

dfcols71

In the zone
is this a problem ,i dont think so someboards do have that but to generalise it to asrock z77 extreme4 is extremely unfair besides have a look at these articles
Vdroop and Load Line Calibration: Is Vdroop Really Bad?
VDroop/LLC Load Line Calibration Question..... - techPowerUp! Forums
New Build BSOD 124 - Overclockers Forums

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
checkout the review of Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional ;-)

ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional Review | Maximum-Tech

ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional review | from TechRadar's expert reviews of Motherboards

ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional Review

Product Page : ASRock > Products > Fatal1ty Z77 Professional

-AB-

Right off the assembly line
Hi everyone. I have been following this thread for a while now and I noticed that some of you ordered ASRock motherboards from mediaman, so I went ahead and ordered one too. I ordered the Z77 Professional. What a coincidence that topgear posted about it just today. Anyway, I made the payment on May 4 and received it today. :-D

They initially quoted 16500+tax but eventually reduced it to 16000 with tax. I took some quick photos with my mobile. Let me know if anyone wants to see them. :)

amjath

Human Spambot
^sure u can up them

post it here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-492.html

-AB-

I have posted the pictures on that thread. You will see the post if it's approved. :)

Edit: Looks like the post has been approved - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-492.html#post1653053

Last edited:

-AB-

I have been looking at motherboards for the past two months I think. And I have seen the Gigabyte z77x ud5h too but I don't like it. The ASRock motherboard has 16+8 phase power whereas Gigabyte has 8+4. 6 SATA 3 ports vs 5. And look at the placement of the 5th SATA 3 port on the Gigabyte motherboard. :-? The Z77 Professional has lots of USB ports and a nice clear CMOS button on the rear IO panel. Also, out of the two, the Z77 Professional has the better looks in my opinion. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you must have fallen in love with those gold capacitors ( they looks great IMo ) and the FATAL1tY moniker ;-) anyway, congrats on your purchase.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
The "gold" capacitors are just spray painted with gold paint so that one can differentiate them from "ordinary" Asrock motherboards. All "gold" capacitors are Japanese capacitors, very high quality but if you're buying a board at that price, even Gigabyte generally will have Japanese capacitors.

Non-gold capacitors for ASRock motherboards have non-Japanese capacitors.

-AB-

^^ you must have fallen in love with those gold capacitors ( they looks great IMo ) and the FATAL1tY moniker ;-) anyway, congrats on your purchase.

Yup, those capacitors certainly look good. But I also like the red and black colours. I don't really care about the Fatal1ty moniker but I don't mind it either. Some folks are apparently removing those Fatal1ty badges from their motherboard's heatsinks as you can see on this thread. :lol:

The "gold" capacitors are just spray painted with gold paint so that one can differentiate them from "ordinary" Asrock motherboards. All "gold" capacitors are Japanese capacitors, very high quality but if you're buying a board at that price, even Gigabyte generally will have Japanese capacitors.

Non-gold capacitors for ASRock motherboards have non-Japanese capacitors.

Yes, I know the capacitors are just painted gold but the point is that the gold color makes them look good. :-D They are present in ASRock's Extreme series motherboards too in case you haven't noticed already. And yes, I also know that those Japanese capacitors are used by other manufacturers too, on their high end motherboards.

Anyway, this is the best motherboard that I found that provides a lot of good features for a fair price which is why I bought it. Now, I just hope that it works fine once I put everything together. I am still waiting to buy an Ivy Bridge processor.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ one piece of advice : just get a SB cpu ( core i7 2600k ) and a good cpu cooler - IB cpus are overpriced and has heating issue so you can't OC them to the extent of SB cpus.

dfcols71

In the zone
received my asrock z 77 extreme 6 some pics in post your latest purchase thread,extremely tired after 8 hours journey to get the thing-will post more tomorrow

-AB-

^^ one piece of advice : just get a SB cpu ( core i7 2600k ) and a good cpu cooler - IB cpus are overpriced and has heating issue so you can't OC them to the extent of SB cpus.

I noticed that everyone in this forum is recommending Sandy Bridge whereas everyone over at techenclave is recommending Ivy Bridge. :lol:

By the way, if you check online stores, you will notice the prices of Sandy Bridge CPUs are also high right now. And as for overclocking, have you seen the following article?

AnandTech - Undervolting and Overclocking on Ivy Bridge

And what about the following? :-D

3770k IHS Removals - CPU temp dropped from 79C to 71C

received my asrock z 77 extreme 6 some pics in post your latest purchase thread,extremely tired after 8 hours journey to get the thing-will post more tomorrow

You should contact mediaman about the poor courier service so that they don't use the same for other buyers.

By the way, congrats on finally receiving the motherboard. :D Not sure why my post on the "Post your latest Purchase" thread hasn't been approved yet.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Thanks for the links - Anandtech Guys used water cooler to keep the cpu cool but even after that the cpu reached 75c at 4.6Ghz and 90c at 4.8 Ghz ( 1.3 cpu vcore )

With water Cooling Core i7 2600k reached only 97c with 1.340 vcore
Intel Core i7 2600K (Sandy Bridge) & DP67BG Motherboard - Bjorn3D.com

now if you remove the IHS it will void warranty and it's not a easy task IMO- so how many people will do this remains a question.

Intel should come up with a new revision of IB cpu with IHS soldered with the chip ( not glued ) - that will fix the heating issue for real and make IB cpus much more recommendable.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
-AB- said:
Yes, I know the capacitors are just painted gold but the point is that the gold color makes them look good. :-D They are present in ASRock's Extreme series motherboards too in case you haven't noticed already. And yes, I also know that those Japanese capacitors are used by other manufacturers too, on their high end motherboards.

Anyway, this is the best motherboard that I found that provides a lot of good features for a fair price which is why I bought it. Now, I just hope that it works fine once I put everything together. I am still waiting to buy an Ivy Bridge processor.

Speaking of good looking motherboards, did you have a look at this one? :D

ECS Z77H2-AX Golden Edition Review Page 2 - Closer Look: ECS Z77H2-AX - Overclockers Club

Apparently this board is a milestone for ECS because it's their first board that actually holds a decent overclock.

Anyway, one shouldn't be so concerned by how it looks as much as one should be by how it works. Who says silver caps don't look good anyway? :p

Personally I'm still disappointed the ASRock Z77 Pro4 didn't hold any memory module in 1T command rate while the Biostar TZ68A+ defaulted to 1T....But other than that, everything seems top notch.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
actually there's two golden mobos from ECS ie Z77H2-AX and Z77H2-A2X available through Rashi ;-)

Top Bottom