AsRock & Biostar Motherboard Sellers in India

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The distributor ( ABacus ) has listed it for 2.2k more and Biostar TZ68K+ and Biostar B75MU3+ are also available.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
I think Abacus' site lists the MRP not the actual selling price. In any case infibeam is generally a reliable source to buy from. And, well Z77 is afterall better than Z68 right? This board even has a 6-phase power delivery system.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the distributor listed the mobo price beyond MRP ( I guess ) coz without discount this mobo costs Rs. 8919 but the distributor is selling that at 9.9k - another reason could be there's some different distributor of Biostar products available and Infibeam has got the mobo from there.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
ASRock now has "No-K OC" function on their motherboards which instantly overclocks your non-K processor and also provides some headroom for further overclocking. If you have an ASRock Z77 board you can update to the latest BIOS to avail of this functionality.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
^^so are they tweaking with the turbo or the bclk?if its bclk then its not so smart idea coz an unstable bclk in SB/IVY would make the system go haywire..

AcceleratorX

Youngling
AFAIK ASRock managed to tweak some CPU registers to grant a limited unlocking of multipliers. Thus an instant OC is achieved. Further OCing is of course by messing with the BCLK which is not as safe.

Let's hope other vendors follow suit :)

Attachments

• No-K OC.jpg
    No-K OC.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 90

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Re: AsRock & Biostar Motherboard Sellers in India

Must be turbo, which is quite easy.

A few reports are saying the instant OC is greater than the turbo speed so it's not just turbo....

EDIT: I tried it out on a Core i5 2400 and an ASRock Z77 Pro4 and it gives me a speed of 3800MHz irrespective of how many cores are used. Given that the nominal frequency is 3100MHz for four cores this is a very good improvement.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
even if they hack onboard pll registers that would be a bad idea....could result in component failure...lets see how it pans out...the llc is not solved yet...did a quick testing with two chips today...

Top Bottom