Are the NCR cities ruining Delhi's image?

Well Today I read about the rape incidents in Delhi and I wonder what is wrong with this city and the first thing that came in my mind was that the areas surrounding Delhi have a comparatively bad crowd !

What do you guys think ?

What is the reason for our capital to be one of the most unsafe place for women ? Does it still deserve to be the capital of India ?

sygeek

Technomancer
Re: Are the NCR's Ruining Delhi's Image ?

Same goes for every other country in the world, even the western world.

Actually this condition is worse in countries like US. So, India wouldn't stand tall here, when compared.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

NCR's got nothing to do with it. The police here are inept, and since people can get away with such crimes, that makes it all the more worse.
And rather than talking about tackling corruption and crime, you are talking about shifting the damn capital? Weird.

Piyush

Lanaya

if the law was so strict on the first hand, these wicked incidents wouldn't have happened again
these guys should be electrocuted

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

It is because New Delhi has the most corrupt police officials, and people can get away with anything. The people are bad of New Delhi. Best to not interact with them. I choose that route. See domestic transport. So saddening for females. Apart from metros.

OP
xtremevicky

I am just saying that the National Capital has to be safe for women . As a country capital , It must be one of the safest places in the country but it is not !

Renny

Padawan

Credits to the original uploader:-

Gurgaon in 2004 and in 2010:-

*i.imgur.com/YtGH0.jpg

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Yups...DLF Cyber City.

That round building you see in the top image. I work out of there....!

doomgiver

Warframe

Well Today I read about the rape incidents in Delhi and I wonder what is wrong with this city and the first thing that came in my mind was that the areas surrounding Delhi have a comparatively bad crowd !

What do you guys think ?

What is the reason for our capital to be one of the most unsafe place for women ? Does it still deserve to be the capital of India ?

i want to add something
these areas are filled with gujjars who have got rich via gov compensation for their farmland.
they think of themselves as kings of the area, and keep the police under control (yes, the police dare not touch them)
last week, i was going by public transport(tata magic), and a police guy stopped it and demanded the transit money(each time a vehicle makes a few runs, they take 100-200), but this guy had paid before, so he got in a fight with the pig, and almost hit him. only the conductor and the police van driver saved the pig. the driver then angrily told the pig "thujhko to dekh lunga" ( i will make you pay for this)

now, in such an environment, tell me, why would the police risk their jobs and lives to catch a rapist?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Out of the 4 major metro cities of India, the one which is actually safe is Chennai but infra-structurally not that good. Sexual harassment incidents are very very high in both Delhi and Mumbai.

Now Police in Delhi is actually *much* better than Gurgaon, Faridabad and NOIDA. Won't comment on Ghaziabad as I haven't been there.

The situation in Gurgaon is like this. 15 year old is driving a motorcycle/car. One traffic policeman stops him and asks for the license. The kid asks, "100 ka ya 200 ka??" This isn't the case in Delhi.

Crime rate is much higher in UP compared to Haryana btw.

I am just saying that the National Capital has to be safe for women . As a country capital , It must be one of the safest places in the country but it is not !
which city do you think is *safe* and appropriate to be the capital of India? The answer is none.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
which city do you think is *safe* and appropriate to be the capital of India? The answer is none.

Time to choose from Eastern states, not because they are any safer but the development will kick in.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
In 1911, the announcement was made that the capital of India to be shifted from Calcutta to Delhi.

NOW, 2011.. people again want a change... where wud u like to shift Parliament then??

iamharish15

Broken In
ya it is unfortunate that Delhi that is known to be the "dilwalo ki delhi" seems to be loosing its heart!
the main reason for the increasing crime rate in delhi is due to the large population, less resources and of course our "Honest Delhi Police"!!!
I also agree that the NCR regions Noida in particular adds to the increasing crime rate and unsafeness for the women.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
It is a social issue. Something which would be really interesting to study as a sociology student. Why has Delhi become so negative towards each other. Why has Gurgaon suddenly sprouted as a "mean town" BUT has the most MNCs and high population of upper middle class + working class.

Does money bring empowerment, coupled with corruption. Have any of you actually observed people in metros. Try this -- in fact in your own city. Stand at a pan waala shop for 30 minutes. See the type of people which come in and their comments on life. You will see the attitude of a city. Common man. Now observe youngsters driving their bikes and vehicles. They care nothing about the law. Why is this happening.

I think it is all corruption. We as society are loosing our sense.

Piyush

Lanaya
well i can comment on the youngsters
media too boast of this "so called young generation"

most of the kids are spoiled because the parents are not so strict
parents think that "arey mere laal ko har chiiz mile"
kids ask something and they get it in the next hour
parents dont let the young kids to do something on their own , to make them feel the sense of responsibility
well 'm not saying that all the parents are same

Some know how to take charge in these sort of situations

iamharish15

Broken In
well i can comment on the youngsters
media too boast of this "so called young generation"

most of the kids are spoiled because the parents are not so strict
parents think that "arey mere laal ko har chiiz mile"
kids ask something and they get it in the next hour
parents dont let the young kids to do something on their own , to make them feel the sense of responsibility
well 'm not saying that all the parents are same

Some know how to take charge in these sort of situations
I agree with you!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Are the NCR cities ruining Delhi's image? Probably Yes.
Yes, for the small minds. But to educated, I don't think so.

The correct answer of this question depends on the prejudices set by the people about Delhi.

I, on the other hand, believe NCR is giving Delhi a new breather. Due to already overcrowding city, people who are migrating here from various parts of the country finds places to live in NCR. NCR have given birth to various hangout zones (mainly Malls). And people of the city have discovered new places to hang out.

Of course, crime rates in NCR are high, since security couldn't remotely be compared to that of the capital. But I think, those are rare cases. And I hope things get better in UP.

Top Bottom