Are the NCR cities ruining Delhi's image?

sygeek

Technomancer
well i can comment on the youngsters
media too boast of this "so called young generation"

most of the kids are spoiled because the parents are not so strict
parents think that "arey mere laal ko har chiiz mile"
kids ask something and they get it in the next hour
parents dont let the young kids to do something on their own , to make them feel the sense of responsibility
well 'm not saying that all the parents are same

Some know how to take charge in these sort of situations
It's so easy to blame it on the parents, isn't it? I don't think that's the case mostly.

Once there was a damn spoiled boy in our class (you know the one these days...). His mom's a teacher for the KG kids.

One day, he didn't bring his English textbook (again) to which his mother (teacher) was called. And she slapped him like a wild dog right in front of the whole class. I kept wondering how the hell does this guy got spoilt when her mother is this strict.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The NCR of Delhi are:

1. Gurgaon : Bad domestic transport. Irregular electricity, which is subsidized to farmers. Most property owners are uneducated. Strong nexus between HUDA/Haryana Governement/DLF/Ansals. Takes me 20 minutes to come out of the basement of that round building (-3) to upper ground. Pathetic transport logistics. Unsafe at night for EVERYONE. Scarcity of civic amenities. Touted as the Millennium City of India.

2. Noida : Well planned and developed. High crime rate. Choked traffic. Too much influence of UP government.

3. Faridabad : Just an industrial pot-hole. With over exaggerated real-estate prices. Bad electricity, and a constant rodent/cockroach problem. Dusty and filthy. Pollution rich. A depressing and dull town like the wild west of the 1800s.

4. Gaziabad : Most of the crime nexus is from here. Stolen cars/goods/kidnapped people are off loaded here. Typical UP.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
One day, he didn't bring his English textbook (again) to which his mother (teacher) was called. And she slapped him like a wild dog right in front of the whole class. I kept wondering how the hell does this guy got spoilt when her mother is this strict.
Maybe the precise reason why the kid is spoilt. :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Briefed up nicely asingh!
Turns out, I too had a few misconceptions about NCR. But many echoes my own experiences (although not many till now).

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I kept wondering how the hell does this guy got spoilt when her mother is this strict.

To me, teachers are the building blocks of a nation. Now almost all of them do business but good old teaching.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Just wacking a kid for not being right is the worst way a child can be disciplined. Be it at school or at home. At my school -- teachers were fired, even if they LAY a hand on a kid. And this is back in the 90's. Any parent who does this to their child, shows one thing. They cannot devote enough time with their children, so choose the easier/rougher route to discipline them. It will make them rebellious.

Many of us were probably HIT, but am sure those memories are engraved deep. What is this...psychological impact, which is never healthy.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have ($$$)^$, just buy a house in South Delhi and live peacefully.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
A majority of uneducated rich people are the cause of Delhi's condition. They are mainly Gujjars and Jats who have sold their land and come to Delhi. Lots of these people carry guns around without liscences (hardly anyone has) but we all know Delhi police. Hopefully, it won't be too late by the next generation to save Delhi when at least the current people will get educated. Not all Jats and Gujjars are bad but a majority of them are like this and they never let anyone get in the way of their ego.

Edit: My 333rd post :D

Piyush

Lanaya
in a recent incident, the electrical wires in soon to be opened metro station in Vaishali gzb, were stolen
now this is really bad
our area is already famous for everything bad, and now this.. :/

mohityadavx

Youngling
A majority of uneducated rich people are the cause of Delhi's condition. They are mainly Gujjars and Jats who have sold their land and come to Delhi.

Well u ain't seeing their disparity 4 years they cultivated their fields and were content with it but now when they can't practice their ancestral prifession there is nothing they can do!!!!

Edit: My 333rd post :D

Cybertonic; said:
Not all Jats and Gujjars are bad but a majority of them are like this and they never let anyone get in the way of their ego.

Glad u said it though i am neither jat nor gujjar!!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
in a recent incident, the electrical wires in soon to be opened metro station in Vaishali gzb, were stolen
now this is really bad
our area is already famous for everything bad, and now this.. :/

WHAT! :shock:
I was wishing for the opening of Vaishali Metro Station from months now...
But, looks like, it's gonna be delay now!! :(

Piyush

Lanaya
WHAT! :shock:
I was wishing for the opening of Vaishali Metro Station from months now...
But, looks like, it's gonna be delay now!! :(

the inauguration is on 10th july i guess

The Vaishali Metro Station is one of the biggest Metro Station of all Delhi and surrounding areas :!:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
the inauguration is on 10th july i guess

The Vaishali Metro Station is one of the biggest Metro Station of all Delhi and surrounding areas :!:

Wow! :bananana: Thanks for the info. I will attend this inaugural, this time!!! :-D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Out of the 4 major metro cities of India, the one which is actually safe is Chennai but infra-structurally not that good. Sexual harassment incidents are very very high in both Delhi and Mumbai.

Now Police in Delhi is actually *much* better than Gurgaon, Faridabad and NOIDA. Won't comment on Ghaziabad as I haven't been there.

The situation in Gurgaon is like this. 15 year old is driving a motorcycle/car. One traffic policeman stops him and asks for the license. The kid asks, "100 ka ya 200 ka??" This isn't the case in Delhi.

Crime rate is much higher in UP compared to Haryana btw.

which city do you think is *safe* and appropriate to be the capital of India? The answer is none.

It is true that it is Safe and infra is improving over past few years. To be frank, i found Chennai much better compared to B'lore (or even any other metro city), which is real sh1tty place, not talking about the trees and other things which attract people. Few weeks back, on our way back to home from theater, we were attacked by few rogue teens just for talking in Tamil. Isn't it weird? Of course we can hit them, but will they leave us?

This way Chennai is safe, be it 1AM or even 3AM, mugging or these kinda crimes will be less and very predictable according to the areas. But the city is simply safe and i am saying this because i stayed there for 3 long years.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
*www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/world/11/south_asia/megacities/img/slide6v2.gif

Top Bottom