Any Hardware Issue Contact Here

Do you think the thread solves your problem

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
see both of them are built on different architecture.......so no direct comparisions

But the C2D is always better than any PD

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I've some strange problem with BIOS settings. I've ASUS A8N-E mobo. If I schedule to turn-on in the next 10 minutes, it boots without any probs. But If I schedule to boot after an hour or so, it just doesn't start up. I tested this twice. What all settings do I have to change? I changed the alarm time and then put value 0 to schedule daily. But still no success.

What can be the problem?

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Guys how can we keep our systems cool if we hav only two fans
1. SMPS
2. CPU

Can we place more fans in the cabinet for keeping the system cool??
Where can we place these fans if we a closed cabinet and no hole for the fans to take air frm outside OR Blow the air Outside?

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
well u have two fans :
smps
cpu......

well u can add more fans to ur cabinet generally there are holes at the back of the cabinet where we can attach fans

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I figured out something strange about scheduling PC start from BIOS today.

I have a Dataone Home500 plan and had scheduled START FROM ALARM in BIOS to 02:00. But the boot failed and I noted that the modem's only one red LED was ON. But it does boot when both red LED are on.

Why is it that the system boots only when both red LED of modem are on? How can I ensure fail-free schedule in the future?

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
@webgenius .. This can be a BIOS MEMORY read/write failure,

well you can try changing your BIOS mobo BATTERY .. and try updating your BIOS first.. visit
*in.asus.com

and then click on downloads and select your motherboard etc.
after that download your updated bios and insert your asus cd which came with your MOBO, install the ASUS update software and then click on bios update with file browsing option.. then browse the file which you downloaded (its a .ROM file mostly in ASUS) flash it and then see..

IMP: ASSURE THAT YOUR POWER SUPPLY WONT GO OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM COZ YOUR MOBO SUPPORTS CRASHFREE BIOS 2 :D

TRY THIS AND I THINK IT WILL BE SOLVED

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
shantanu_webmaster said:
install the ASUS update software and then click on bios update with file browsing option.. then browse the file which you downloaded (its a .ROM file mostly in ASUS) flash it and then see..

TRY THIS AND I THINK IT WILL BE SOLVED

This is what the ASUS site said regarding the new BIOS download:

"To avoid crashing file system, please do update the chipset driver to below version prior to this Bios.
For WinXP 32bit system, please download and update chipset drivers V6.65 or later"

Can you please guide me how to update the chipset driver? I'm using an AMD 3500+. Does I need to update its driver?:?:

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
This message does not say this, but yeah you can update the drivers for amd proccy to have it working best..

AMD Athlon 64 drivers here

*www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/amdcpusetup.exe

for ASUS CHIPSET DRIVERS download them here:

*download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/standalone/6.86/6.86_nforce_win2kxp_international_whql.exe

Download your Bios here :

*dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/A8N-E/A8NE1013.zip

BIOS UPDATER here:

*dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/flash/AWDFLASH108.zip

DOWNLOAD ALL THESE AND THEN I WILL TELL YOU HOW TO UPDATE THEE BIOS FROM DOS " BECAUSE THE COMPANY IS NOT OFFERING THE BIOS WHICH CAN BE UPDATED FROM WINDOWS ITSELF..

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
shantanu_webmaster said:
DOWNLOAD ALL THESE AND THEN I WILL TELL YOU HOW TO UPDATE THEE BIOS FROM DOS " BECAUSE THE COMPANY IS NOT OFFERING THE BIOS WHICH CAN BE UPDATED FROM WINDOWS ITSELF..

I finished downloading all those files. Now how can I proceed with the BIOS upgrade?

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
install all these and then extract the WDflash.zip to a floppy and then boot from a bootable floppy and then run .exe file present in the package , it will ask you for the destination give as a:\example.Rom means what ever the extension is.. then save your urrent bios file and give the name ori to it . it will ask you to press a key to continue. so ensure that your power is ok and no flucation is there and then do it.. just this and you are done..

BUT BEFORE THAT INSTALL ALL THE DRIVERS and see that no password is installed in your bios

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
@Shantanu, I successfully updated my BIOS.*www.forumeye.it/invision/html//emoticons/woohoo.gifThanks to you*www.iheartpaws.com/forums/images/smilies/woohoonaner2gy.gif
I'll try out the scheduling part today and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom