Do you think the thread solves your problem

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
basically the BIOS system information tells you for AMD its the proccy name.. and for intel its written EM64T well there is a easy way use system information tools :

everest -----> download

sis software sandra ------>download
and see the system information..

if your processor is only 1 to 1.5 years old then its surely 64bit..

all intel and AMD ranges are not 64 bit..

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
woooo.....thanks.....
i never knew that "EM64T" wud mean that....thanks again....
happy that i hav a 64bit pc.....

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
First of all ! have you tried attaching it to any other PC..

if not then try to get to the nearest service center for transcend, coz your drive might be taking last breaths :D:D

i have seen these kind of issues before and taking it to service is the only way out..

HOW old is it ?

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
get to clean your registry and try running this command..

first insert your windows cd(if XP) then under RUN type this command

SFC /SCANNOW

windows will check for any bad files which are to be repaired ,, it will take some time.. do it and then check whether your system takes your drive or not.. if after this also it does not detects your drive then you have to format your system.. and do a fresh installation of XP, coz this can be a corrupted hardware driver file that is not letting your system detect the drive...

i will also look fot more solutions before you format.. but first try the solution above,, :p and do tell here what happened.. :D

ankitsaraf

Right off the assembly line
my jumper settings are absolutely fine, master for hdd and slave for dvd-rw for the same ide cable an\d both master for different cables.
but the problem is that my compuer hangs after the bios boot, i.e it detects the hard disk and then shows that it has found the boot record from hdd.it then hangs.i cannot perform any sort of scanning unless the machine boots into the os..any other suggestion..??

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
ok well then what power supply r u using... i mean SMPS.. how much watts.. may be your power supply is getting old and not providing adequate power .. second just update the MBR for your HDD...

for updating MBR you have to download the Seagate(if you have seagate HDD) and then burn the .nrg file to cd and then boot from it.. after that go to maintenence option and select update MBR..

download here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom