Any Hardware Issue Contact Here

Do you think the thread solves your problem

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu

Technomancer
Keep it cool and solve your pc hardware problems here..... do it now and type your problem !! anything related to PC ..

Last edited:
OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
hi ,,

if you are talking about pci latency then its value can be set upto 248 depending on your bios,,

Latency is a value assigned to each device on the PCI bus which determines how long that device may "hold on" to the bus before it must relenquish it to another device which wishes to use it. The value is an integer between 0 and 248. A value of zero means the device will immediately give up the bus if another device wishes to transmit, while a value of 248 means the device will hold on to the bus for the maximum amount of time possible.

Higher values mean that other devices will have to wait longer to be able to use the bus (latency), but will increase the effective bandwidth of the bus due to a reduction in the overhead required to transfer between devices.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Me and my friend want to connect our pc n laptops by means of Wi Fi......
He lives about 300m from my house(not crow's flight distance but on road)...
Please can anyone help us how to setup this wifi thing
2.wat all we need ?
3.how much would it cost ?

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
you can connect your pcs by wifi and also share internet usage...

view this link...

*www.lifehacker.com/software/top/geek-to-live--set-up-a-home-wireless-network-162754.php

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
look if you want to share files and folders and play games then forget wifi local connection .. is wont work due to pre charge delays with connection as router cannot habdle this nuch but yeas for a successfull connection you need a internet connection....

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
okay we basically wantu play multiplayer games n share files n folders. now tell me what solution do we have(w/o using our net connection).
Distance between 2 homes is 300 mts.

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
go for LAN PLAY WIRELESS ADAPTERS they work in 300mtrs and do not use net connection.. available from local computer retailers

you have a choice..
GO for the two wireless adapters which are called LAN PLAY WIRELESS (LOGITECH AND OTHER KNOWN MAKERS GIVE GOOD BANDWIDTH OPTIONS SO THAT YOU CAN PLAY WITHOUT BREAKS)

NOw these adapters will be connnected to USB ports and to power supplies they both will have one Connection and PHYSICAL PING BUTTONS you have to just install these and install their drivers and software and then you will have to connect both by pressing the first (servers) connect button and physical ping andthen the nodes connect and physical ping.. both will show a log and .exe file created in mydocs you just have to copy these files to a cd or usb flash drive and exchange these files from server to node and node to server and run the exes..

this solution has worked for 500 mtrs. also is is really cost effective.. try in and linksys and dlink also are good makers of these adapters try your local vendors...

Last edited:
OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
they both will cost you around 3500/- to 5500/- company wise . amd are coming with 2 yrs, warranty

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah surely you must be having Ati radeon express 200 x200 chipset with x200 onboard 256 mb ... so yeah you can overclock it..

Last edited:

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
man give me the process of o/c. and the software used. please tell whether it is safe or not. and what benefits i will get from o/cing it
Please give me a detailed procedure n it is an onboard graphics cards. it shares 64 mb of ram..........& shows 256 mb of graphics memory. You can read it in my signature. Now please write a detailed procedure as i dont have any GYAAN of o/c.

Last edited:

vinookanth

Right off the assembly line
Blue screen error Physical Memory Dumping

Hi All,

When I am working on my PC, suddenly a blue screen appeared and it displayed a message Physical Memory Dumping, after that the system automatically shut down.

When I restarted the system, I see the montitor power blinking and no display at all. I see the CPU working in the background.

Any solution for this

thanks

vinoo

codename_romeo said:
afaik physical memory dumping occurs when virtual memory happens to fall short.
this is the reason why so for sorting out it :

right click on your my computer icon on desktop and go in properties. click advanced tab ,under performance click settings and then advanced and click change in virtual memory tab... if you have 256 mb ram then set the size to 512-512 if 512 mb then set it to 1000-2000 and if one gb then you should not be facing this problem...

Last edited:

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
but he is unable to start his pc. Even i know how to increase the paging file. Help him start his pc.............

remove all your recently installed hardware and if you have two memory sticks installed remove one.... and try booting...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom