Any Hardware Issue Contact Here

Do you think the thread solves your problem

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
shantanu_webmaster said:
wopes !!! what kind of sparks are you getting are they from comp..

No Sparks from Computer or any of computer Parts, but from Switches which I have there for my PC connection from Main Board?

Just HDD light on CPU front panel takes 4-5 seconds delay after pushing power button ON.

That is Fan, Monitor and CPU Switches, all makes little spark with sound, if didn't make when I switch ON than it 100% make when I switch off. FAN switch make more sparking sound with spark when switch off.

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
I think we can solve PC hardware Problems ,, related to it but ELECTRICITY of house holds cannot be said without being seen:D

psugadevan

Right off the assembly line
Hi

I have problem in PC that when cd is ejected the PC shutdown and restart.
can any one help pls?

sugu

psugadevan

Hi Shantanu

Thanks for ur reply , I m work n saudi and not much about tech term of hardware .. smps ..? should i have tell the pc repair guy to change the smps..

sugu

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah say him to change the SMPS or PSU (power suplly unit) SMPS WILL BE MORE UNDERSTANDABLE... SMPS... >>> switched mode power supply or Switching mode Power supply

its the small part where you plug your power supply in the back of the cabinet.. in RS. it costs around 400/- for a regualr power supply .. so rememeber not to GIVE EXTRA... this is only SMPS problem ..

You can get it repaired also.. :D

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
shantanu_webmaster said:
I think we can solve PC hardware Problems ,, related to it but ELECTRICITY of house holds cannot be said without being seen:D

When all fails, I think PC doctor can help me. Any way thanks for help. IT's free.

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
@Stick !!! i revealed a fact today !!! The pulgged Sparking can be caused by a UPS or even a SMPS with returning voltage ..

To check it just test your UPS plug that you connect to power board that whether a charge is coming or not ... BACK and for SMPS .. get it checked somewhere

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
SUre dude.. EXPERTISE :D:D:D .. just trying...

so you wanted to know which is the best...

The 40 GB to 160 GB drives
ST3xxxx15A series claim to offer
7200.10 PATA 3.0Gb/s with perpendicular recording

The drive series is designed to give 3.0 GBPS but well the motherboards cannot accellerate that speed... IF PATA could have given such vasts results then WHY whould SATA be bought in the market...

These 10 generation drives from Seagate Performs very well ...

Something is really fishy here..
Just check out the ST380215A, ST380815A..both 80 GB drives. here the 215A claims to have 8mb buffer, no statement about ST380815A

the drives with 8 mb buffer is very good.. indeed but the ST380815A has only 2 mb buffer..

so definately not a good choice...

SO IN 80 GB ST380215A is ok

*www.imagehosting123.com/user_images/shan2129/bara.jpg

On first look it appears that the ST3160815A will be a good performer (though it has 8mb buffer) - i feel because of single platter perpendicular recording. For the record the max data transfer speeds for all the above drives is quoted as 78 Mbps.
However the ST3xxx620A series offer 16 mb buffer.

now in 160 GB

DONT GO FOR 620 SERIES.. its hell lot a slow in performance coz of 16 mb buffer...

so definately ST3160815A it will be good...

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
*img339.imageshack.us/img339/7848/3gbpsdy6.png

They are kidding right?
Then why not write this for their other PATA hard disks (>160GB).
Moreso they themselves state that max sustained data transfer is 78mbps (for all their PATAs and SATAs)

Last edited:
OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
Buddy This is he difference between whats said and whats real....

you yourself think and then ask someone having that drive .. no MOBO with PATA interface supports UDMA 6 for PATA.. they all run on UDMA5 MAX.. o the modern MOBOS give better support to SATA then PATA..

where the helll this technology be used...
look .. WHy you are buying a PATA .. coz you dont have SATA support.. and your MOBO is not capable of GIVING UDMA 6 .. i dont know which comp. you have but ... Atmost not UDMA 5 also... then how come you can run 3.0 supported... so its useles... and even if you upgrade your comp.. you willbuy a SATA ... why PATA then ... so Think yourself...

The Transcendental
shantanu_webmaster said:
Buddy This is he difference between whats said and whats real....
Yeah I am hoping against hope

shantanu_webmaster said:
you are buying a PATA .. coz you dont have SATA support.. and your MOBO is not capable of GIVING UDMA 6 ..
*img98.imageshack.us/img98/4502/moboly2.png

shantanu_webmaster said:
i dont know which comp. you have ...
Intel Original 845 WN mobo
Northbridge Intel i845 rev. A3
Southbridge Intel 82801BA (ICH2) rev. 12

Well i don't really know what UDMA it supports, (surely don't expect it to support UDMA6, its 6 years old !!!!)

However, will this work as a normal IDE if it doesn't?

I ask because whenever I upgrade (atleast an year), I want a mobo with support for UDMA6, and SATA 3.0gbps (err...does such a mobo exist). I don't mind if the HDD doesn't work to its full potential in the meantime (as long as it works with my current mobo without problems) i.e. future proofing :D. even if I get a PATA, I get a PATA which can run fast in my future config.
Plz. correct me if I am wrong. I don't have a benchmarking tool currently to know what exactly I am up against.

OP
shantanu

shantanu

Technomancer
i had a ASUS 845 board a long time back i think 6 years with p4 1.5 HCL ...

it was even not UDMA it just GAVE DMA

and counted as UDMA2.. so ANY hDD you buy doesnot make a difference.. to speed...

The Transcendental
ty for the quick reply.
can't rep you ...:D
check your pm

EDIT:
here's an eye opener (for me :)))
*forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/UDMA-UDMA-amp-SATA-150-ftopict175158.html

Guess I've had enough of this $hit :D.
Moral of the story:
Its better to buy a drive with larger storage and general performance than worry about interface speed. As it is clearly said on Seagate's website, all of their desktop class Hard Disks (PATA/SATA) can sustain a max. data transfer rate of 78mbps.
So, unless I plan on getting RAID, it doesn't really matter if its PATA/SATA in real world.
peace.

Last edited:

kksreemanth

Hi, I've an Intel D865GBF/PERC mother board with a P-IV 2.8Ghz HT processor. Recently, my mother board stopped working. Can you Please suggest any cheapest substitute for my mother board?

regards,
K.K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom