Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

A

amit.tiger12

Actually, if you install AV+Firewall, it changes to internet security. Otherwise its just Comodo Antivirus. And I like the sandboxing feature and default deny for unknown threats.
I was telling you that only firewall does great job in comodo company. Internet and antivirus both are good but not great. Try 360 total security, sandbox feature available with more other features.

A

amit.tiger12

Re: Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

View attachment 16259
Please help me to uninstall this free Avast antivirus.
I tried Revo but failed.
What is this password? I never input any.
Try "removal tool by that company" when you can't uninstall company's security software.
For AVG - AVG Remover
*files-download.avg.com/util/tools/AVG_Remover.exe

Download tools and utilities | AVG Indi

Jaswant34

Broken In
avast.png
Please help me to uninstall this free Avast antivirus.
I tried Revo but failed.
What is this password? I never input any.

These are stubborn programs you need a uninstaller program like Revo Uninstaller for example to completely uninstall it from your disk. I use this to remove smadav 2016

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Which is a good av for a p4, 1gb ram computer with win xp sp2? Good as in, it shouldn't slow down the pc and price should be value for money. I prefer KAV, but I have read reviews that the latest versions are too heavy and will slow down a system with the specs that I have posted. Is K7 any good? It is costly as compared to KAV, Bitdefender etc.
P.S. Is there any trial version which removes viruses, that I can install in the meantime to remove the viruses?

A

amit.tiger12

Which is a good av for a p4, 1gb ram computer with win xp sp2? Good as in, it shouldn't slow down the pc and price should be value for money. I prefer KAV, but I have read reviews that the latest versions are too heavy and will slow down a system with the specs that I have posted. Is K7 any good? It is costly as compared to KAV, Bitdefender etc.
P.S. Is there any trial version which removes viruses, that I can install in the meantime to remove the viruses?
Same question here..
I also use 1 gb ram laptop, and i installed Avira yesterday. Working good. All other security use more ram.
Suggest me also good 1GB ram compatible security tool.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually Security softwares are getting heavier on resources as you can get at-least 4GB or 8Gb ram on any DDr3 / DDr4 setup very easily and even smart phones are coming with more than 1Gb ram. Another reason with such huge amount of malwares security softwares need to rely on a huge database.

Minion

Conversation Architect

bitdefender free.

For virus removal use malwarebyte antimalware.

- - - Updated - - -

Same question here..
I also use 1 gb ram laptop, and i installed Avira yesterday. Working good. All other security use more ram.
Suggest me also good 1GB ram compatible security tool.

If you are win 8 or lower use bitdefender free.

A

amit.tiger12

Now it's windows 7 professional 32 bit. But planning on Windows 10 64 bit (if it works ok), which will you suggest?? (1gb RAM)

billubakra

Conversation Architect

bitdefender free.

For virus removal use malwarebyte antimalware.

- - - Updated - - -

Bitdefender doesn't have a version for xp sp2 x86 windows anymore. I thought malwarebytes is for removing malwares, is their av really that good? And any reviews about k7?

Minion

Conversation Architect

Now it's windows 7 professional 32 bit. But planning on Windows 10 64 bit (if it works ok), which will you suggest?? (1gb RAM)

AVIRA Free

- - - Updated - - -

Bitdefender doesn't have a version for xp sp2 x86 windows anymore. I thought malwarebytes is for removing malwares, is their av really that good? And any reviews about k7?

I suggested Malwarebyte because he needs a virus removal tool.

A

amit.tiger12

Don't install 64bit windows on a 1gb ram system,use 32bit for any system with less than 4gb ram.
Yes, i know that just want to try.. if 64 bit not works well then will install 32bit

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^I am talking about ram usage.There is no point in installing 64 bit version on a 1gb ram system as by default it has more running processes to deal with 32bit programs running under 64 bit.It results in 64 bit windows consuming more ram than a 32 bit version on such low ram system.

billubakra

Conversation Architect

AVIRA Free

- - - Updated - - -

I suggested Malwarebyte because he needs a virus removal tool.

Sorry for the same question again. Is Malwarebytes good in removing viruses too? I checked few reviews and people have rated it top notch for removing malwares, adwares etc. but not for viruses. Say I install K7 av trial version, then will it remove viruses without the need of purchasing it?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
if you want a free antivirus then Avira and 360 total are good. Avast also is an option but nowadays it popups alot asking this and that.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
To guys who use Avira free, is there an option to automatically disinfect/quarantine/delete the infection ? Because i used it long back and there was no such option to do. It always prompted what to do, and once I selected an action, it started a mini scan which is the most irritating part about Avira.

Top Bottom