Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

shar_yogi

Broken In
My AVG internet security 2016 1yr trials end so need another AV. I was thinking of using comodo internet security, is it good or should i go for avira or avast (free versions).
OS - win 10

Minion

Conversation Architect
My AVG internet security 2016 1yr trials end so need another AV. I was thinking of using comodo internet security, is it good or should i go for avira or avast (free versions).
OS - win 10

you can use 360 inetrnet security or you may use avast free without webshield

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Avoid avast, too many pop ups nowadays. I was using avast but then came to 360TS. ad comes only when 360TS shows the startup time(only if system is connected to the internet)

Minion

Conversation Architect
Avoid avast, too many pop ups nowadays. I was using avast but then came to 360TS. ad comes only when 360TS shows the startup time(only if system is connected to the internet)

Yep, sadly almost all free AV have ads that is the reason i returned to avira. Currently using avira free and comodo firewall.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Yep, sadly almost all free AV have ads that is the reason i returned to avira. Currently using avira free and comodo firewall.

1. Avira doesn't have ads at all??
2. And how is the detection?
3. Light on system?
4. Light on system with comodo firewall?

Minion

Conversation Architect
1. Avira doesn't have ads at all??
2. And how is the detection?
3. Light on system?
4. Light on system with comodo firewall?

1)Avira has popup ads which shows every 48 hrs.
2)Detection rate is top notch as always.
3)Yep,pretty light on system.
4)yes.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
1)Avira has popup ads which shows every 48 hrs.
2)Detection rate is top notch as always.
3)Yep,pretty light on system.
4)yes.

Been using Avira for the last 3yrs and its really good...it has popups but with long gaps in between (if u are connected to internet).
also, very less false positives.

in terms of a FREE AV..i will suggest Avira.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
MSE is not updating the definitions for Windows XP since the past week. Has MS stopped the same? Anyone got any update regarding this?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
MSE is not updating the definitions for Windows XP since the past week. Has MS stopped the same? Anyone got any update regarding this?

you should be more worried about the security patches that XP has stopped recieving.
Its high time you update your OS. There are more things than viruses and malwares that can affect an out of date OS.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
you should be more worried about the security patches that XP has stopped recieving.
Its high time you update your OS. There are more things than viruses and malwares that can affect an out of date OS.

I agree. But the specs of the system with XP are not high enough even for Vista. The system is only used to do work in excel and word and is only connected to the internet to update MSE and to watch YT videos.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I agree. But the specs of the system with XP are not high enough even for Vista. The system is only used to do work in excel and word and is only connected to the internet to update MSE and to watch YT videos.

in that case make sure you have resilient adblocking and anti-antiadblock measures.
there are too many instances of fly-by malware installation.

quicky008

Technomancer
Has anyone tried using the newest beta version of avast?I'm currently using the stable release of avast but the latest beta seems to have a revamped UI and a few additional features that are worth checking out-will it be a good idea to use it as a regular AV for my system instead of the stable version that currently installed on it?Is the beta version more resource hungry?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Re: Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

Has anyone tried using the newest beta version of avast?I'm currently using the stable release of avast but the latest beta seems to have a revamped UI and a few additional features that are worth checking out-will it be a good idea to use it as a regular AV for my system instead of the stable version that currently installed on it?Is the beta version more resource hungry?

Don't use beta versions on main PC/laptops it may crash your whole system make your system unbootable.

- - - Updated - - -

Microsoft Security Essentials/Windows Defender is greatest Free AV ever.

Haha.. Did you read what he asked in his post?

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl

360 total security for computer, is it good??? I used it for 2-3 years, but now everything changed after 2014. Can someone provide av detection rate Comparison Chart.

Kaspersky internet security and bitdefender are other two options I have but both are paid.
360 is fully featured and free.
Avira and avast have good detection rate and powerful scanner but need to know about 360.

Anyone?

Minion

Conversation Architect

360 total security for computer, is it good??? I used it for 2-3 years, but now everything changed after 2014. Can someone provide av detection rate Comparison Chart.

Kaspersky internet security and bitdefender are other two options I have but both are paid.
360 is fully featured and free.
Avira and avast have good detection rate and powerful scanner but need to know about 360.

Anyone?

360 IS is good i am using it but make sure you only use avira engine and cloud engines in 360 IS.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl

360 IS is good i am using it but make sure you only use avira engine and cloud engines in 360 IS.
Ok. But why not use bitdefender engine in 360???
Also other than 360 total security, which software to install?
Like firewall, anti malware, Anti Spyware, Anti keylogger etc etc??

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Ok. But why not use bitdefender engine in 360???
Also other than 360 total security, which software to install?
Like firewall, anti malware, Anti Spyware, Anti keylogger etc etc??

Windows 10 has good AV but if you need more, then go with Bitdefender AV.

Top Bottom