Anti-Bollywood thread

Deadman

Journeyman
I have already given up wasting money on bollywood movies. I am not one of those fools who believe in stupid trailers and paid reviews.
I believe an intelligent film like inception will not be made until next 20 years.

@op spread your msg on whatsapp. Make ppl realize they are been fooled by a bunch of clowns and whores who just smell money and fame.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have already given up wasting money on bollywood movies. I am not one of those fools who believe in stupid trailers and paid reviews.
I believe an intelligent film like inception will not be made until next 20 years.

@op spread your msg on whatsapp. Make ppl realize they are been fooled by a bunch of clowns and whores who just smell money and fame.

Even if I do, it will fall on deaf ears.

quan chi

mortal kombat
There are far better examples than inception.

Anyways to make good films you need time,thinking power, money & most importantly audience good enough to appreciate your work.

I would like to reiterate bollywood & indian politics are almost same. Reason: The audience/ people in india. Inception would have been a commercial flop if it was made in india or by bollywood. All those big star fans would have slammed it.

"No smoking" was an experimental movie.Yes I agree that the movie was not that good due to unnecessary complexity it created.It was too much underrated.

Thats just an example. Big Film makers in india fears to do something new because they are not sure if the average indian audience is that much mature to accept it.

In India most of the profit comes from people who would love to see certain type of heroines dancing in skimpy clothes or those heroes having artificial gym made bodies.

Hence to make profits bollywood has chosen the age old way which is used by most of the politicians in india. "fooling the people".

Anyways by mistake one day I switched to zee tv and zee cine awards 2014 was going on. Abhishek bachchan was saying dhoom 3 is a blockbuster hit and is the first movie in years to make 500 crores. I switched off the TV!

Last edited:

snap

Lurker
I don't particularly hate the movies but the people who praise/boast about them. Same goes for many things

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
There are far better examples than inception.

Anyways to make good films you need time,thinking power, money & most importantly audience good enough to appreciate your work.

I would like to reiterate bollywood & indian politics are almost same. Reason: The audience/ people in india. Inception would have been a commercial flop if it was made in india or by bollywood. All those big star fans would have slammed it.

"No smoking" was an experimental movie.Yes I agree that the movie was not that good due to unnecessary complexity it created.It was too much underrated.

Thats just an example. Big Film makers in india fears to do something new because they are not sure if the average indian audience is that much mature to accept it.

In India most of the profit comes from people who would love to see certain type of heroines dancing in skimpy clothes or those heroes having artificial gym made bodies.

Hence to make profits bollywood has chosen the age old way which is used by most of the politicians in india. "fooling the people".

Anyways by mistake one day I switched to zee tv and zee cine awards 2014 was going on. Abhishek bachchan was saying dhoom 3 is a blockbuster hit and is the first movie in years to make 500 crores. I switched off the TV!

1. :+1: with this
2. 500 crores, pfffffff. its about 80 million USD, the same as the CGI costs of a hollywood movie :p

harsh1387

Broken In
Bollywood movies suck since last few years. I didn't see a single one in theatre for entire last year and same will happen this year. Though people are praising Highway so might see it at home.

It's not the fault of directors. If they experiment and make a hatke movie, it flops or doesn't generate much money. Barfi, gangs of waseypur were really good but didn't set box office on fire whereas mindless junks like dabangg and Chennai express makes producers multi millionaires. And who doesn't likes money.

Btw Inception was brilliant and one of my favorite but we do have much more intelligent movies in Hollywood.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Only 1 thing to add here from myself!

Indian People are the most laborious and hardworking people in world , may be it as IT, manufacuting, constuction any thing.
This People work day and night to get Western countries freedom to do more then basics of life

hence as std of living is high , they come up from daily labor works and there mind automatically upgrades and tyr to find some thing Unique and more advance things (and not regressive work)

hence Western country people work for some new concept where as poor Indians work for there daily labor work to get there wagers.

hence mind set of indian people is : sunday hai : lets entertain : lets laugh, lets enjoy , let cool down our minds

Because from monday same old thing ...

This is why masala movie , south indian remix and other so called entertainment movies make there mind cool and Enjoy !

BUT Movies like Inception, shutter island, will make there mind to work more as they keep on thinking about it and will not make them happy , cool down, joy etc.

i Know Students and non workers in this Forum might not understand above ...

same with me !! but when you start working and earning money , you will definitely want to go out On SAT and SUN to free up minds

1 thing more

also Indian Public feels comfortable with Indian faces in Movies and they fell good when it is in hindi and they are understanding each and every dialogue and there meaning as soon as it was delivered (as hindi is in build in them as they are born and brought up)

in English movie ,

they need to listen carefully - as English is not mother tongue , many found it difficult (even me in some movies)

some dialogues are really low voice - many movies have conversation in very very light/low voice (LOW voice is etiquette there, loud speak means you asking for a FIGHT)

accent does got understood - bets example is Harry potter vs James bond vs fast and furious

some US /UK related jokes are not understood : Knock knock jokes and many others

and many more

this is why , People gets demotivated to watch Hollywood movie and then stick to There Bollywood frd!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
First of all, Indians are not as hardworking as the Japanese people, who are known to literally DIE from overwork. And Japan produces some of the best horror movies I know of.

Indians actually look for excuses for celebration and this is reflected in the movies that are produced here.

Though I agree that they don't relate to people of other countries, but that is only because of upbringing. Dubbed movies are a huge market in other non-english speaking countries like Russia, China and Japan, but not so much here.

NightRider

Broken In
Last night i watched Z cine awards. it was total crap. sometimes i really don't understand the motto of these stupid award giving ceremony.Yuk.....

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Only 1 thing to add here from myself!

Indian People are the most laborious and hardworking people in world , may be it as IT, manufacuting, constuction any thing.
This People work day and night to get Western countries freedom to do more then basics of life

hence as std of living is high , they come up from daily labor works and there mind automatically upgrades and tyr to find some thing Unique and more advance things (and not regressive work)

hence Western country people work for some new concept where as poor Indians work for there daily labor work to get there wagers.

hence mind set of indian people is : sunday hai : lets entertain : lets laugh, lets enjoy , let cool down our minds

Because from monday same old thing ...

This is why masala movie , south indian remix and other so called entertainment movies make there mind cool and Enjoy !

BUT Movies like Inception, shutter island, will make there mind to work more as they keep on thinking about it and will not make them happy , cool down, joy etc.

i Know Students and non workers in this Forum might not understand above ...

same with me !! but when you start working and earning money , you will definitely want to go out On SAT and SUN to free up minds

1 thing more

also Indian Public feels comfortable with Indian faces in Movies and they fell good when it is in hindi and they are understanding each and every dialogue and there meaning as soon as it was delivered (as hindi is in build in them as they are born and brought up)

in English movie ,

they need to listen carefully - as English is not mother tongue , many found it difficult (even me in some movies)

some dialogues are really low voice - many movies have conversation in very very light/low voice (LOW voice is etiquette there, loud speak means you asking for a FIGHT)

accent does got understood - bets example is Harry potter vs James bond vs fast and furious

some US /UK related jokes are not understood : Knock knock jokes and many others

and many more

this is why , People gets demotivated to watch Hollywood movie and then stick to There Bollywood frd!

Indian culture is to be blamed
-ICO

moniker

Broken In
I for one don't understand how people actually get to "enjoy" masala movies. OTT fight scenes - I can understand children might enjoy watching the hero land a punch that makes the villain fly ten feet. But adults? Item songs - I can understand men from B and C centres go to the movies for item songs as they might not have access to the internet to.. er.. watch such things. But people in A centres? An intriguing story/plot - Maybe people with low IQ would want a story straight as an arrow as they might not be able to pick up the subtle twists. But surely the audience is more intelligent than the Indian cinema assumes them to be?

And entertainment is subjective. I get entertained when I get to appreciate a brilliant exhibition of human skill, be it movie or sport or whatever. The fact that a majority is entertained by larger than life characters on screen makes you think it is deeply ingrained in them which they are reluctant to shed.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
1 thing more

in English movie ,

and many more

No, I don't think those reasons are the entirety of the Hollywood / foreign films ignorance, first thing is our 'self restriction' towards them, and 'self-favour' towards our Hindi and all those other regional language crap, including my mother tongue.
I can speak for myself. Back in 1998/99, when I first watched Titanic, what did I understood? Crap! :lol: Really I understood nothing. It was just an amazing visual experience of some three hours, and that was enough to change my course. Since that day I never, ever, looked back into Bollywood (other than the gems of course). So if an idiot like me, who didn't understand a movie's any single dialogue got interested into something, why not other literate people?
Well DNA I guess, unfortunately that goes for my parents too.

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
No, I don't think those reasons are the entirety of the Hollywood / foreign films ignorance, first thing is our 'self restriction' towards them, and 'self-favour' towards our Hindi and all those other regional language crap, including my mother tongue.
I can speak for myself. Back in 1998/99, when I first watched Titanic, what did I understood? Crap! :lol: Really I understood nothing. It was just an amazing visual experience of some three hours, and that was enough to change my course. Since that day I never, ever, looked back into Bollywood (other than the gems of course). So if an idiot like me, who didn't understand a movie's any single dialogue got interested into something, why not other literate people?
Well DNA I guess, unfortunately that goes for my parents too.

I thought the visual experience lasted for a couple of minutes only....:D

Top Bottom