Anti-Bollywood thread

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Much needed thread. Especially what has happened recently.

I think world has changed since then. now this thread will get an antinational tag if this appears in mainstream media. lol

Lol those who give that tag are already against Bollywood.

Edit:- Bollywood should understand that people are no more liking the bs they serve. Movies including only a single actor flexing his body throughout the movie, overacting in front of a large crowd, Easily getting a girl as if living in a "Strawberry" world is no longer liked by people. Neither are over-exaggerated stunts, blowing up a whole f**'kn 4 ton truck from a single toothpick, Shooting 4 rockets from a launcher without any recoil and many more. Not only this, living a over exaggerated luxurious life like a king and making people feel like they are peasants.

Almost all Bollywood movies have a similar script now. Actor >>> A cool guy >>> Saw a girl on road with dirty eyes>>> fell in love>>> girl kidnapped by terrorist>>> actor kills terrorist, (by using real life cheats like unlimited ammo, no reload, bullet proof body etc.) >>> both marry and audience F*ck off.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Edit:- Bollywood should understand that people are no more liking the bs they serve. Movies including only a single actor flexing his body throughout the movie, overacting in front of a large crowd, Easily getting a girl as if living in a "Strawberry" world is no longer liked by people. Neither are over-exaggerated stunts, blowing up a whole f**'kn 4 ton truck from a single toothpick, Shooting 4 rockets from a launcher without any recoil and many more. Not only this, living a over exaggerated luxurious life like a king and making people feel like they are peasants.

Almost all Bollywood movies have a similar script now. Actor >>> A cool guy >>> Saw a girl on road with dirty eyes>>> fell in love>>> girl kidnapped by terrorist>>> actor kills terrorist, (by using real life cheats like unlimited ammo, no reload, bullet proof body etc.) >>> both marry and audience F*ck off.
saaar are you a budding bollywood director

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Is this analogy or did these actually happened in some movie, if yes then which movie. :lol:

That truck scene actually is from a 2005-08 movie i remember watching on sony max, I saw similar thing again in a mv of Magenta Riddim, similarly in chennai express srk uses a knife to roll up a heavy thar by hitting it on its tyre.

That rocket scene is from our very own sallu bhai's movie, Race 3

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Lol :lol: Stupid action scenes are scattered all over in Bollywood and South movies. Take any Rohit Shetty movie for reference.
Also, if you search Youtube you will get tons of movies where applied Brainstorming is ZERO moreover the Action Director doesn't believe in Science (which actually humiliates the feelings of Newton & Einstein)

I would only watch a Bollywood movie if its rated good on Imdb otherwise I would utilize my time in something more valuable instead of wasting 2+ hrs on pathetic Bollywood movie.

quicky008

Technomancer
sorry for reviving this "dormant" thread,but why is this Mahindra fellow simping for SRK like this?!

*www.ndtv.com/entertainment/anand-m...are-shah-rukh-khan-a-natural-resource-4372184

Is he completely disconnected from reality?Or is a certifiable idiot?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
sorry for reviving this "dormant" thread,but why is this Mahindra fellow simping for SRK like this?!

Is he completely disconnected from reality?Or is a certifiable idiot?
This is the correct link:
www.ndtv.com/entertainment/anand-mahindra-says-its-time-to-declare-shah-rukh-khan-a-natural-resource-4372184

He seems to be a fan, nothing wrong in expressing his opinion. There are such fans everywhere, he just happens to be richer than most of them.

quicky008

Technomancer
Aryan K is idiot and disconnected from reality!
Who is Aryan k?

Update :i discovered that this chap is actually his son-wasn't he arrested last year on charges of peddling drugs on a luxury cruiser?

Afaik his wife is also a hard core drug user as per media reports. Not sure what to make of the daughter though.

Last edited:

quicky008

Technomancer
Wow. I forgot I had even made this thread all those years ago. I'm surprised you even remembered about this @quicky008 thread.
Its one of my favourite threads at TDF as in our country we seldom come across groups or discussions that are critical of bollywood actors and their awful movies. Almost everywhere these repulsive individuals are worshipped like Gods by their rabid fans.

Therefore this thread is like a hidden gem that deserves to be preserved for "posterity".

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who is Aryan k?

Update :i discovered that this chap is actually his son-wasn't he arrested last year on charges of peddling drugs on a luxury cruiser?

Afaik his wife is also a hard core drug user as per media reports. Not sure what to make of the daughter though.
You are thinking of a completely different family. Your original post was about Anand Mahindra not SRK. Also SRK son was seemingly framed by cops as evident by court cases going on.

Aryan K is idiot and disconnected from reality!
Read the original post again & my post below that, the person being discussed here is A Mahindra not Aryan K.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Is Jawaan on the list of another film that we are "anti" to? I just don't get the craze that this SRK's movie is amassing.

quicky008

Technomancer
We are not anti anything-but i suppose criticizing bad bollywood movies made by overrated actors(who are way past their primes) is the primary objective of this thread.On a personal level,i have a strong aversion to the current crop of bollywood actors and the terrible movies they regularly churn out.

Many of these so-called actors are also quite high-handed and abusive in real life and often behave in a very rude and arrogant manner whenever they are approached by fans during their public appearances-i dont understand why people still like them.(there are plenty of videos available online where such incidents have been depicted)

The movie jawan,although a hit amongst SRK loyalists has been widely trolled on social media for its ridiculous plot and SRK's appearance with a shaved head that has been likened to that of Mr Freeze from Batman cartoons.

(Ps the fact that anand mahindra considers srk as precious as a natural resource speaks volumes about his tastes and sensibilities).

Last edited:
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
TBH even Hollywood movies quality has been going down recently.

Many of these so-called actors are also quite high-handed and abusive in real life
People often forget that an actor "acts" out a role. Who they are IRL will obviously be very different. For a lot of them, success and fame goes to their head which makes them more of an a*****e.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
(Ps the fact that anand mahindra considers srk as precious as a natural resource speaks volumes about his tastes and sensibilities).
If you take that as a standard then no human ever born on Earth will pass. As they say, to err is human. There are plenty of examples of "great personalities" of all time having some flaw in their personality/taste.

Top Bottom