Anti-Bollywood thread

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
How many Indian movies nominated for the Oscars so far? Only 3. I am not saying that Oscars are a de facto standard that movies are good, but still I would take the American Film Academy's judgement any day over our Filmfare magazine's judgement.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Even the oscars are not perfect they are also rigged to some extent. However since its international they keep it within certain limits. But these bollywood awards are just as good as reality tv shows most of them are fixed and they just exchange awards with each other or buys it.
100 crore club in bollywood means how they successfully made fool out of the foolish public! Thats it.

Certain category of actresses thinks they are super stars & goes on boasting about themselves. When in reality thats completely the opposite.

Inceptionist

Journeyman
It now feels very irritating whenever there is any award show going on. Those cheap worthless jokes and praising each other unnecessarily feels so cheap. They constantly says chennai express is a super hit to irritate honest critics/viewers more.

Only now? :p

And I think these award shows are cheap. Especially compared to Academy or Golden Globes Awards. Starting from the stage to the 'performances', everything feels cheap and amateurish.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Only now? :p

And I think these award shows are cheap. Especially compared to Academy or Golden Globes Awards. Starting from the stage to the 'performances', everything feels cheap and amateurish.

I wouldn't say the Academy Awards are any perfect, but they are backed by the American Film Academy, which gives them some credibility.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Amongst those actresses who were named some of them are really overrated & their performance is not consistent. For the rest yes I agree they are good till now.

sksundram

In the zone
i haven't watched SOTY but my gut tells me that alia will give a good dose of acting in Highway as the rushes are great. I noticed parineeti in LvsRickyB and she was outstanding and it seemed that acting came natural to her. haven't seen any more of her movies. my gut is always right though.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
i was watching deewana yday ( shahrukh's debut)and it reaffirmed my opinion that 90s movies were awesome - simple stories, no overdose of drama- even in melodramatic scnes, the emotions felt genuine unlike today's movies, excellent side actors and melodious songs. imo 70s produced the best movies followed by 90s

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
I watched "The Lunchbox" yesterday, and this is probably the only Hindi movie I've watched in a year and have not felt the urge to punch the monitor... Before this movie "Madras cafe"was another such movie and before that GOW 1&2 ......

The point I'm trying to make is that....Indian audience has stopped caring about what they want to watch and in turn filmmaker(most) have found a way to make their jobs easier and dol out sh!t movies....

Something has to change either the audience or the industry:banghead:

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The poster of The Lunchbox was copied from the movie Looper. I am not sure about the rest of the movie though.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Barfi was still a good movie. :D

Yes i agree. even the makers were honest enough to admit it was a tribute to charlie chaplin.Even in the movie you can see his poster.
Barfi is a smart film which may require multiple viewings if you are not paying attention. From acting to direction everything was good. But yes it was little bit overrated. I don't see any valid reason to send it to the oscars!

Top Bottom