Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

heidi2521

Padawan
If anyone watches Shingeki no Kyojin/ Attack on Titan, please give me a comparison of 720p release by gg and HorribleSubs.

I personally use CommieSubs. They are pretty good, their translation seems closer to the manga than GG. No idea about HorribleSubs though.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I just finished watching The Garden of Words.

It is a masterpiece. A MASTERPIECE!

Less than an hour long but very beautifully crafted into one of the very best short films I've ever seen.

sohan_92

In the zone
If anyone watches Shingeki no Kyojin/ Attack on Titan, please give me a comparison of 720p release by gg and HorribleSubs.
I have HorribleSub 720p release... quality seems good... No idea about gg. :|
but you can check mediainfo of each episodes here...

General
Unique ID : 179308022023525496338505166437835705414 (0x86E5780911E398D2A7D899EABCAD8C46)
Complete name : I:\[HorribleSubs] Shingeki no Kyojin - 01 [720p].mkv
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 329 MiB
Duration : 24mn 10s
Overall bit rate : 1 904 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2013-04-15 08:01:26
Writing application : mkvmerge v5.2.0 ('I can't explain') built on Dec 18 2011 18:12:03
Writing library : libebml v1.2.3 + libmatroska v1.3.0
Attachment : Yes

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 6 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Nominal bit rate : 1 776 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.080
Writing library : x264 core 120 r2120 0c7dab9
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=6 / deblock=1:1:1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.40:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=4 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=1776 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=3552 / vbv_bufsize=8880 / nal_hrd=none / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:0.60
Default : Yes
Forced : Yes

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : A_AAC
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy

Text
ID : 3
Format : ASS
Codec ID : S_TEXT/ASS
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Sub Station Alpha
Compression mode : Lossless

heidi2521

Padawan
進撃の巨人 13

English Title: Attack on Titan 13

13/13

Absolutely amazing. Loved the pacing & intensity of the episode, although it did slow down towards the end. This episode just re-enforces my belief that Hiroyuki Sawano is the best anime composer (and depending on how amazing the soundtrack to the first game he is working on is, the best video game composer) out there. They finally fixed the pacing problems of the last two episodes and decided to cover 2 chapters to finish Vol. 4 of the manga.

The OST 1 is out now.

sohan_92

In the zone
Finished 12 episodes of Attack on Titan in one day... cant wait to watch ep.13 :p

Is it necessary to show how titans eat human ?! :facepalm:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I started this 8th grader syndrome anime. Just completed first episode.

Watch Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Online | English Dubbed-Subbed Episodes

Any other good animes. Mostly funny and somewhat unique. Love stories ok but not much melodrama. No fighting or thriller animes.

Piyush

Lanaya

Any other good animes. Mostly funny and somewhat unique. Love stories ok but not much melodrama. No fighting or thriller animes.

Funny and somewhat unique : Great Teacher Onizuka
As the anime is quite old, so dont expect much eye candy.

heidi2521

Padawan

Nichijou, Daily Lives of Highschool Boys, K-ON & Minami-Ke.

I mean that part in which Eren's mother was being eaten by titans.

Yup. Seeing it up close makes the viewer feel closer to what Eren must have been feeling and makes it easier to understand the rage against the Eoten and why they are feared so. They don't want to do the offscreen death because it conflicts with the tone of the anime and not having the kind of slow, deliberate kills wouldn't really help creating the feeling of terrifying dread.

Fan art:

*img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/09e2ff222d7769253eac625a80b4029b1371320256_full.jpg

*i.imgur.com/9Dsl4m3.jpg

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Funny and somewhat unique : Great Teacher Onizuka
As the anime is quite old, so dont expect much eye candy.

Not easy to find online. Any online streaming site ?
Nichijou, Daily Lives of Highschool Boys, K-ON & Minami-Ke.
haha...I knew about this. Thanks for reminding.

*images.hologfx.com/Doki/Nichijou/Nichijou%20-%2014.png

heidi2521

Padawan
@faun: Always loved it for moments like these

*i.minus.com/iiFi7sZglje50.gif

*i.minus.com/ibc40jnEl95ZPx.gif

*i.minus.com/ibaKUa75X9Icig.gif

*i.minus.com/iwNWVEwewnSAh.gif

You should also look into Shirokuma Cafe, Working!! & Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

@sohan: Potato girl seems to be sticking with her more than her actual name Sasha :lol:.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
finished air gear season 1 , Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora this one i really liked real tear jerking story , hayate no gotaku cuties till episode 11.......

also finished evangelion 3.33 in this one i m really lost don't even know what the hell is happening i am starting to think they are again making same mistake as the original series.............................

and if any one know about any sequel for Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2 plz tell............ and ya plz also tell any info about the sequel of sora no otonoshima if any thnx

my humming bird account: gta0gagan

debarshi

Otaku

I would recommend Papa No Iukoto Wo Kikinasai and Tamako Market........ but I have no idea of what you have already watched.....

and if any one know about any sequel for Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2 plz tell............ and ya plz also tell any info about the sequel of sora no otonoshima if any thnx

AFAIK there's no sequel planned to Seitokai No Ichizon Lv 2 except for an OVA Seitokai no Shukujitsu releasing in July

As for Sora No Otoshimono, there's the OVA, then Sora No Otoshimono Forte, and Sora no Otoshimono: Tokeijikake no Angeloid (Clockwork) and the PART 3 is yet to be aired....... :)

Hanbun No Tsuki Ga Noboru Sora was a real treat to watch..... A touching story, and just amazing OP and ED......

Piyush

Lanaya
Not easy to find online. Any online streaming site ?

May be this will do.
Watch Great Teacher Onizuka Episodes | Just Anime Dubbed

I downloaded it from IPT. You can still find some seeders there.