Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^nah, 1-2 months is fine to reach talking intermediate level @7-8+ hrs a week practice. but learning to read write it is a time consuming job, i agree. it will take years.

for translating a manga, using nowadays modern tools like an android tab + pen with google translate it will be cakewalk after reaching talking intermediate level. :)

if u're familiar with grammar of indian laguages & english, grammars from most other language is simply no big deal.

I was talking about the complete language, not just modern spoken Japanese. To be proficient you need to practice your writing.

For manga, being able to speak is less of a concern than being able to read. Google translate is bad at translating Japanese to English.

I know that the grammar is not a big deal. It is the Kana and Kanji that is.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@icebags,japanese is one of the most trickiest language to learn.to give you a simple example,"one" in japanese has at least 3 pronunciations/spellings depending on context(e.g.number 1,things to buy is one etc).this is also why google translate or any other software fares poorly when translating japanese.why do you think good translators are so rare even in anime fansubbing?it is a known fact that most japanese are not good at english & because of this most anime sub translators you will find are foreigners/non-japanese but then again no foreigner can be as good at japanese as a local hence you will almost always find mistakes in translation & remember these are the people who are doing this for years so you can guess how hard it is to properly understand japanese let alone master it.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
@icebags,japanese is one of the most trickiest language to learn.to give you a simple example,"one" in japanese has at least 3 pronunciations/spellings depending on context(e.g.number 1,things to buy is one etc).this is also why google translate or any other software fares poorly when translating japanese.why do you think good translators are so rare even in anime fansubbing?it is a known fact that most japanese are not good at english & because of this most anime sub translators you will find are foreigners/non-japanese but then again no foreigner can be as good at japanese as a local hence you will almost always find mistakes in translation & remember these are the people who are doing this for years so you can guess how hard it is to properly understand japanese let alone master it.

It isn't difficult to learn, but it is time consuming. And yes, you can almost certainly forget mastering it unless you plan to reside in Japan for a long stretch continuously.

icebags

Technomancer
I was talking about the complete language, not just modern spoken Japanese. To be proficient you need to practice your writing.
For manga, being able to speak is less of a concern than being able to read. Google translate is bad at translating Japanese to English.
I know that the grammar is not a big deal. It is the Kana and Kanji that is.
u're right. kanji is the dangerous yet beautiful part. thats where u need google translate and android tab - not for translating, but for reading the writings, to use google translate as dictionary as well as reader. if u have intermediate spoken knowledge, there wont be much difficulty to translate once the whole thing is in romaji. :D

before learning to swim, everyone think they will sink in water. but, if u r willing to learn i can help. :)

nims11

BIOS Terminator
I am leaning japanese from memrise, just basic letters and words. I don't expect to get fluent with it, but it is fun to learn.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I wonder which fansubs are good in translation...

Kira-fansubs has been pretty good from what I've seen. Not sure where teams like UTW, Coalgirls etc get their subs from though.

Unless the comments for an upload state otherwise, you can be sure that the translation is very understandable. There might be occasional typos or misread words, but nothing that your brain can't fix for you :)

80% of the time your subs are going to be fine.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^you need to update your anime scene knowledge :) kira fansub,thora,elysium,coalgirls,polished etc are not fansub groups in traditional sense but rather they are encoding groups which release high quality video taken from blu-ray(or dvd if no blu-ray) mixed with subs taken from another group which released the TV version.you can see on their release page which group's subs have they taken.sometimes they modify the subs slightly but that's all they do.there is another category of fansub group which use official crunchyroll translation & sometimes modify it a bit like commie,underwater,horriblesubs etc.the common thing between these two types of groups is that they don't actually translate themselves like traditional fansub group.also it is true that with any respectable/known group you will be fine for at least 80% of the time but still you should read some reviews/comments on release translation on sites like anidb,myanimelist etc.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^^you need to update your anime scene knowledge :) kira fansub,thora,elysium,coalgirls,polished etc are not fansub groups in traditional sense but rather they are encoding groups which release high quality video taken from blu-ray(or dvd if no blu-ray) mixed with subs taken from another group which released the TV version.you can see on their release page which group's subs have they taken.sometimes they modify the subs slightly but that's all they do.there is another category of fansub group which use official crunchyroll translation & sometimes modify it a bit like commie,underwater,horriblesubs etc.the common thing between these two types of groups is that they don't actually translate themselves like traditional fansub group.also it is true that with any respectable/known group you will be fine for at least 80% of the time but still you should read some reviews/comments on release translation on sites like anidb,myanimelist etc.

I would read comments on the download page itself ;)

I didn't know that about Kira fansubs. But I did mention that I didn't know where the others got their subs from.

I was also not aware that horriblesubs wasn't a subbing group.

Thanks for the details :)

heidi2521

Padawan
Shingeki no Kyojin 12

This show is starting to use Dragon Ball Z style pacing. Very little happens in the show, but just enough to keep you watching.

Would rate this episode 8/12.

sohan_92

In the zone
^^ 8/12 ? wouldn't it be 8/10 ?! :lol:
I haven't watched it yet...but synopsis seems good...In MAL it is also in 8th rank. :hyper:

heidi2521

Padawan
^^ 8/12 ? wouldn't it be 8/10 ?! :lol:
I haven't watched it yet...but synopsis seems good...In MAL it is also in 8th rank. :hyper:

Nope.

Shingeki no Kyojin is amazing. My favourite anime of 2013 so far.

Directed by Tetsurō Araki: Death Note, Aoi Bungaku, Guilty Crown, Highschool of the Dead

Written by Yasuko Kobayashi: Calymore, Witch Blade, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, Gear Fighter Denoh

Scored by Hiroyuki Sawano: Gundam Unicorn, Blue Exorcist, Team Medical Dragon(Tokusatsu), Sengoku Basara, Guilty Crown

I've decided to rate each episode on a x/n scale where n = ep number.

This episode lost 2 points from me because they are trying to achieve 1 chapter: 1 episode parity with the manga. If you hadn't read it would probably be rated around 10/12.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I think they have removed the "enter invitation code" feature now.
Or I cant find it if its there.

They still have that option. For shits and giggles I checked it out with an alternate email address.

Click on "register". Type your email address and press enter. After that click on "have an invite code?"

After that enter "ANICHARTNET" without the caps lock.

And then you will be sent an invite :)

abhidev

Human Spambot
Nope.

Shingeki no Kyojin is amazing. My favourite anime of 2013 so far.

Directed by Tetsurō Araki: Death Note, Aoi Bungaku, Guilty Crown, Highschool of the Dead

Written by Yasuko Kobayashi: Calymore, Witch Blade, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, Gear Fighter Denoh

Scored by Hiroyuki Sawano: Gundam Unicorn, Blue Exorcist, Team Medical Dragon(Tokusatsu), Sengoku Basara, Guilty Crown

I've decided to rate each episode on a x/n scale where n = ep number.

This episode lost 2 points from me because they are trying to achieve 1 chapter: 1 episode parity with the manga. If you hadn't read it would probably be rated around 10/12.

same here...the animation is simply beautiful...action sequences are fast paced too...the story is simple but keeps you glued :D

waiting for the next episodes to release

heidi2521

Padawan
^Agreed. Here are a few GIFs I grabbed that I am not hotlinking so that your bandwidth is not slaughtered.

*minus.com/mXKzLg6vBP9yN

Piyush

Lanaya
They still have that option. For shits and giggles I checked it out with an alternate email address.

Click on "register". Type your email address and press enter. After that click on "have an invite code?"

After that enter "ANICHARTNET" without the caps lock.

And then you will be sent an invite :)

Got it workin.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
animeout such a great site too bad its going to be banned......... i hope some backups its entire database and launches a new website in its place

Top Bottom