Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

sohan_92

In the zone
^^ well...my mistake. I haven't mentioned that I'm using Ubuntu OS. VLC is crappy for ubuntu espicially for Hi10p videos.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
ok now i m a bit confused............... downloaded k lite mega codec pack and kawai codec pack........ and ya used pot player didn't see any difference using vlc and them............. iwas watchinf coalgirls BD RIP

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@debarshi,coalgirls only use bluray for their release while gg use HDTV broadcasts which is always censored if it is some bloody/gory/naughty series & obviously bluray is a better quality source so it all comes down to your preference.if show is not censored on TV & you are using a typical LCD/LED monitor with default players like vlc/pot player/mpc-hc & don't know about madvr then most likely you won't notice any significant difference between HDTV release & bluray release for 720p version.

@gta0gagan,above applies to you also.only thing that can significantly affect viewing picture quality is renderer used & as far as i know almost all here use windows 7/8 default EVR renderer so don't fiddle with your setup for watching anime.madvr is hard to configure correctly not to mention it needs a dedicated graphics card(6670 or equivalent & above) for its mid range image processing algorithms.

debarshi

Otaku
@debarshi,coalgirls only use bluray for their release while gg use HDTV broadcasts which is always censored if it is some bloody/gory/naughty series & obviously bluray is a better quality source so it all comes down to your preference.if show is not censored on TV & you are using a typical LCD/LED monitor with default players like vlc/pot player/mpc-hc & don't know about madvr then most likely you won't notice any significant difference between HDTV release & bluray release for 720p version.

I'm using a custom setup using madVR, Reclock, and xysubfilter (I guess it works best that way) and the player as MPC-BE....Man, that player has a great UI.... Even my G400 is auto configured to use the side buttons to skip chapters in episodes.... So that means, I should be downloading the Coalgirls release....Another 11 gigs..... *sigh*

Hey, could you enlighten me about the scaling algorithms a little?

Those asking about players and codecs, I would really recommend this setup if you happen to have a dedicated graphics card.

BTW I would recommend people here to give KAREKANO a try.... Its really really good

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lenovo Z500 has GT740M so you should be able to use all scaling algorithms upto jinc 3 taps easily but for anime i suggest starting with softcubic first.also do check color levels especially if you are using lcd/led TV as external monitor to watch as many TVs don't show true RGB 4:4:4 by default.

debarshi

Otaku
Lenovo Z500 has GT740M so you should be able to use all scaling algorithms upto jinc 3 taps easily but for anime i suggest starting with softcubic first.also do check color levels especially if you are using lcd/led TV as external monitor to watch as many TVs don't show true RGB 4:4:4 by default.

Could you elaborate on the true RGB 4:4:4 part as I mostly watch anime on the IN2030M or my Sony 32" LED.....

And what are the differences between the scaling?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
for IN2030M this is not an issue.without going into details(& no need really for you to go either) just view this image on your lcd/led tv:
*i.imgur.com/itYLg6D.png
If you see Magenta Word blurry, then you have NO FULL RGB working (check it on a notebook/pc monitor like IN2030M connected to a PC to see it correctly).

various scaling algorithms result in different outputs as they affect properties like sharpness,ringing,aliasing differently.again without going into details simply test various scaling options to see which one you like most.

Last edited:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
for IN2030M this is not an issue.without going into details(& no need really for you to go either) just view this image on your lcd/led tv:
*i.imgur.com/itYLg6D.png
If you see Magenta Word blurry, then you have NO FULL RGB working (check it on a notebook/pc monitor like IN2030M connected to a PC to see it correctly).

various scaling algorithms result in different outputs as they affect properties like sharpness,ringing,aliasing differently.again without going into details simply test various scaling options to see which one you like most.

i can see it clearly in my s2240l but the word blue was difficult to c with blue background.........

debarshi

Otaku
Mmm, one more question, does f.lux affect the external displays attached to the laptop and the overall display quality? Do you suggest turning it off?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
for all practical purposes magnets don't affect lcd/led displays & this has nothing to do with connection type(vga,dvi or hdmi).

@gta0gagan, if you can see magenta word clearly in that image then your display is showing full RGB which is expected since S2240L is a PC monitor.that image is mainly to test lcd/led TVs.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Mmm, one more question, does f.lux affect the external displays attached to the laptop and the overall display quality? Do you suggest turning it off?

Depends on the intensity. Minor flux can't do ****, but if you have high power wiring or magnets around then that isn't the best place to use an analogue connection lol.

heidi2521

Padawan
Depends on the intensity. Minor flux can't do ****, but if you have high power wiring or magnets around then that isn't the best place to use an analogue connection lol.

ばかばかW

He is talking about this:

f.lux: software to make your life better

It modifies your screen colour depending on the time of the day to make them warmer or cooler.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
me too as i thought f.lux was a bit unusual term for magnetic flux but then considered it as some typo.btw why would anyone want to use this on their multimedia PC.it is obvious that most people usually watch multimedia in a room with specific lighting much different from the outside.

Last edited:

debarshi

Otaku
Sorry, I should have cleared the confusion earlier. Yeah, thats why I wrote f.lux..... It really helps...

me too as i thought f.lux was a bit unusual term for magnetic flux but then considered it as some typo.btw why would anyone want to use this on their multimedia PC.it is obvious that most people usually watch multimedia in a room with specific lighting much different from the outside.

What do you mean much different from the outside? And isn't the neutral colours a little too hard on the eyes, at night? I've got too used to using f.lux....

But what I was asking is that, will f.lux affect the external displays, cause I don't want it altering the original temperature of my LED TV, while watching anime....

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
my multimedia pc is in a room with curtains & whenever i watch some movie in daytime i close them resulting in not much light inside but also not dark like night.f.lux will change the color based on daytime but actual environment of room differs from what f.lux expect.also its main point is to change the color temp of display connected to PC so of course it will change the color temp(but not the TVs in built color temp setting,only windows one).

Top Bottom