Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Shinigami are from another realm so the Death Note doesn't work on them. In the speculative crossover universe Kakarot and Light would be from the same realm.

So, King Kai will also know of Death Note's existance and will alert everybody to change their names and don't reveal it to anybody else.

:deadbored:

King Yemma can also stop accepting souls of the person's whose death was caused by Death Note and send them back to human realm.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I'm doing a 3 day anime marathon with a friend on Thanksgiving weekend :D

The finalized shows are:

elfen lied
kaichou wa maid sama
puella magi madoka magica
afro samurai
stiens gate
magi
kotoura-san
vividred operation
fruits basket
lovely complex

The idea behind not including other popular shows like 進撃の巨人ATTACK ON TITAN, 日常NICHIJOU etc is because we want to watch shows that neither of us has watched yet, but both are interested in watching. My friend has already seen those two, I've already seen ブレイクブレイドBROKEN BLADE, エウレカセブンAOEUREKA SEVEN AO, カウボーイビバップCOWBOY BEBOP etc.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Caught-up to Beelzebub's latest chapter

Furuichi can fight too, and may die soon ( no he won't, its probably a troll)

The finalized shows are:

elfen lied
kaichou wa maid sama
afro samurai
stiens gate
magi
kotoura-san
vividred operation
fruits basket
lovely complex

The idea behind not including other popular shows like 進撃の巨人ATTACK ON TITAN, 日常NICHIJOU etc is because we want to watch shows that neither of us has watched yet, but both are interested in watching. My friend has already seen those two, I've already seen ブレイクブレイドBROKEN BLADE, エウレカセブンAOEUREKA SEVEN AO, カウボーイビバップCOWBOY BEBOP etc.

I would recommend you to include Highschool DxD both seasons in the finalized list.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
So, King Kai will also know of Death Note's existance and will alert everybody to change their names and don't reveal it to anybody else.

:deadbored:

King Yemma can also stop accepting souls of the person's whose death was caused by Death Note and send them back to human realm.

You've forgotten that changing your name doesn't really affect anything- you will die from the old name and your face being imagined. The new name would not work. Also, a person killed by the Death Note does not go to heaven or hell- So the souls would not go to King Yemma for judgement.

dead5, you know I have the rulebook in my boxset, right? Why don't you use that and remove all the misconceptions luffy has?

Remember, shinigami use the deathnote to live forever. Humans don't extend their lifespans. So neither would Saiyans. If Saiyans can crossbreed with humans to produce fertile offspring, it means Saiyans and Humans have very similar genetic code, and their chromosome numbers and functions are identical. And they're in the same realm- which means that the death note hurts them.

I would recommend you to include Highschool DxD both seasons in the finalized list.

No. Too long. My friend can't do long shows in a row. And he's watched HS DxD IIRC.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Caught-up to Beelzebub's latest chapter

Furuichi can fight too, and may die soon ( no he won't, its probably a troll)

REALLY HIGH SCHOOL dxd?

Its good but not that good most of all it us advancing at very slow pace...compared to its manga....we mIght have upto 12 seasons If this continues ...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

The finalized shows are:

elfen lied
kaichou wa maid sama
afro samurai
stiens gate
magi
kotoura-san
vividred operation
fruits basket
lovely complex

Watched the ones in bold. maid sama is still in progress.

Really liked Lovely Complex. You will experience wide range of emotions.

Madoka magica has nice visuals and terrific twist.

Elfen lied is gory and unpredictable some time.

I suggest you to include Another, horror anime. Pretty creepy. And Toradora too, it's like lovely complex. Though the current animes are pretty good too.

heidi2521

Padawan
@Extreme Gamer: Replace シュタインズ・ゲート with ジェノサイバー and read the VN for シュ・ゲ instead.

会長はメイド様!はにぶいです。

@Luffy: If changing the name stops the Death Note from working with the old name then writing Goku would work for Kakarot too. You can't have it both ways. And King Yemma can't reject souls that never reach him.

if i remember correctly in death note anime it was stated that those who use the death note can not go to heaven or hell after they die but nothing about same condition for victims too.

IIRC, the Shinigami use the Death Note to extend their lifespan using human souls. Even if the souls do survive, the question remains that whether or not King Yemma will actually reject all Death Note-related souls. He could have done the same each and every time somebody died due the Cell/Buu/RRA w/e and extended the lifespan to infinite but he didn't. So why would he do the same for all deaths cause by Light?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if i remember correctly in death note anime it was stated that those who use the death note can not go to heaven or hell after they die but nothing about same condition for victims too.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Watched the ones in bold. maid sama is still in progress.

Really liked Lovely Complex. You will experience wide range of emotions.

Madoka magica has nice visuals and terrific twist.

Elfen lied is gory and unpredictable some time.

I suggest you to include Another, horror anime. Pretty creepy. And Toradora too, it's like lovely complex. Though the current animes are pretty good too.

My friend has already watched both Toradora and Another.

@Extreme Gamer: Replace シュタインズ・ゲート with ジェノサイバー and read the VN for シュ・ゲ instead.

会長はメイド様!はにぶいです。

@Luffy: If changing the name stops the Death Note from working with the old name then writing Goku would work for Kakarot too. You can't have it both ways. And King Yemma can't reject souls that never reach him.

IIRC, the Shinigami use the Death Note to extend their lifespan using human souls. Even if the souls do survive, the question remains that whether or not King Yemma will actually reject all Death Note-related souls. He could have done the same each and every time somebody died due the Cell/Buu/RRA w/e and extended the lifespan to infinite but he didn't. So why would he do the same for all deaths cause by Light?
My friend wants to watch maid-sama and so do I. Being a dull show does not come into the picture. Probably gonna replace stein's gate though (for lack of good sources) but not sure what Shu.ge is...

Not doing visual novels in an anime marathon with a friend either :|

Not sure if I will use Genocyber though, because my friend isn't a fan of older series. Depends on if he likes the art style.

I'm speaking from what I read in the rule book.

EDIT: As of now, the Anime marathon may or may not happen- reason being midterms only a few days after thanksgiving.

heidi2521

Padawan
My friend has already watched both Toradora and Another.

My friend wants to watch maid-sama and so do I. Being a dull show does not come into the picture. Probably gonna replace stein's gate though (for lack of good sources) but not sure what Shu.ge is...

Not doing visual novels in an anime marathon with a friend either :|

Not sure if I will use Genocyber though, because my friend isn't a fan of older series. Depends on if he likes the art style.

I'm speaking from what I read in the rule book.

EDIT: As of now, the Anime marathon may or may not happen- reason being midterms only a few days after thanksgiving.

This should help:

シュタインズ・ート

The Japanese interpunct is usually replaced by the semicolon in english, not period.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
This should help:

シュタインズ・ート

The Japanese interpunct is usually replaced by the semicolon in english, not period.

I only use the interpunct between my name and surname when writing them in Katakana. I'm not aware of all the translation rules.

Also, no, I will not read the Visual Novel during an anime marathon.

heidi2521

Padawan
I only use the interpunct between my name and surname when writing them in Katakana. I'm not aware of all the translation rules.

Also, no, I will not read the Visual Novel during an anime marathon.

It turns out that the translations of the nakaguro depends on the context and that it isn't always translated to semicolon. It can also mean 、, ゠, decimal point, -, :, to separate a person's title from his name (EG:最高司令官・シモン) and be used to separate items in a list. Semicolon is just one of the many use cases, just the one I encountered the most.

*puu.sh/4E06W/1c46833fac.png

*i.imgur.com/u4ZsF1R.png

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Also, a person killed by the Death Note does not go to heaven or hell- So the souls would not go to King Yemma for judgement.

Because DN-verse doesn't have a place for souls to go, doesn't means the souls from DBZ verse won't reach Yemma. Even if goku dies, he'll retain his body and can come back.

Yep, this is right.

REALLY HIGH SCHOOL dxd?

Fanservice is amazing :p

Further more:
*deathnote.wikia.com/wiki/Rules_of_the_Death_Note

How to Use: 1
1. The human whose name is written in this note shall die.
2. This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person’s face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
3. If the cause of death is written within the next 40 seconds of writing the person’s name, it will happen.
4. If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.
5. After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

How to Use: 2
1. The notebook shall become the property of the human world, once it touches the ground of (arrives in) the human world.
2. The owner of the note can recognize the image and voice of the original owner, i.e. a God of death/Shinigami.
3. The human who uses the notebook can neither go to Heaven nor Hell.

How to Use: 6
1. The conditions for death will not be realized unless it is physically possible for that human or it is reasonably assumed to be carried out by that human.
2. The specific scope of the condition for death is not known to the Shinigami, either. So, you must examine and find out.

END
All humans, without exception, will eventually die.
After they die, the place they go to is MU (nothingness).
Once dead, they can never come back to life.

BTW, this comes from DN-verse. Since the combined DN and DBZ universe will contain King Yemma's realm, Goku can come back, being dead and still beat Light.

Last edited:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Because DN-verse doesn't have a place for souls to go, doesn't means the souls from DBZ verse won't reach Yemma. Even if goku dies, he'll retain his body and can come back.

Yep, this is right.

more u can get in to love ru......................

wth guys death note and DBZ are completely diff anime so dont try to crossover them.......... i mean with some one powerfull as goku he will kick that shinigami ass without even moving a muscle............

And for god sake guys plz write in a language that normal people can understand......... And ya plz discuss Japanese language in some other thread...........

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Yep, this is right.

Further more:
Rules of the Death Note - Death Note Wiki

BTW, this comes from DN-verse. Since the combined DN and DBZ universe will contain King Yemma's realm, Goku can come back, being dead and still beat Light.

Not quite. In a DN/DBZ crossover, a human killed by the Death Note would go into mu. So too would a Saiyan. Because the effects of the Death Note are from the Shinigami's realm, not Yemma.

Essentially, a DN/DB creates paradoxical situations. The multiverse theory is the only way out of this- in one, dead people go to Yemma's realm, while in the other they go to mu. In case Yemma's realm gets priority, then even Light would go to Yemma's realm (being able to come back theoretically), and it would be a never-ending cycle.

In the other, mu gains precedence over Yemma's realm and Goku loses.

Since the former is a paradoxical situation with no clear winner, and Light wins in the second case, Light beats Goku overall.

Case Closed[sup](C)[/sup].

Now stop fighting over a ridiculous crossover.

Top Bottom