Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^again no luck.the manga was never translated beyond vol.1 out of total 18vol & very little chance of its completion as of now.btw do you know japanese & if not then are you interested in typesetting/encoding/quality checking in a sub group.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^^again no luck.the manga was never translated beyond vol.1 out of total 18vol & very little chance of its completion as of now.btw do you know japanese & if not then are you interested in typesetting/encoding/quality checking in a sub group.

Sure why not? I don't know Japanese, but I do hope to learn it in college ;)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
well translators & editors are most in demand so if & when you learn japanese just offer to volunteer at any fansub group home site.translation is the most difficult part followed by fancy typesetting which most series & many groups don't prefer especially for older series like the one you like to see subbed.btw japanese is a very trick language to learn & even with formal training you will need assistance from some japanese person to understand the context/meaning of certain situations shown in anime/manga.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
well translators & editors are most in demand so if & when you learn japanese just offer to volunteer at any fansub group home site.translation is the most difficult part followed by fancy typesetting which most series & many groups don't prefer especially for older series like the one you like to see subbed.btw japanese is a very trick language to learn & even with formal training you will need assistance from some japanese person to understand the context/meaning of certain situations shown in anime/manga.

That's where history and culture comes into play. My courses won't be just language courses, but also courses on Japanese culture ;) My college has a whole department on East Asian Studies.

debarshi

Otaku
Looks like ANIMEOUT is going to remove 1/3rd of its content (read Funimation and Vizmedia licensed anime)

Sorry to inform everyone but due to a massive and big Legal DMCA notice we received from FUNImation, VizMedia and 2 other companies and a DMCA agent (with a US District Court stamp), we will be removed the asked series by them

This includes almost 90% series owned by those companies (almost 1/3rd of AOT links), unfortunately this matter is serious and our domain might be seized if no action taken in 10 days so we donot have many actions
Also, a few important notices :-

1. Starting the 1st or 15th of July, AnimeOut will be completely banned (or rather will ban) the following countries and access to our site from citizens of:- US/America for now

2. AnimeOut will be becoming a total private users only site from the same day which will need permanent login to even access the site

3. Also for new users/registrations we might become a invitation only-signup system to keep such incidents and leechers/spammers away

We cannot talk in deep about this incident publicly, anyone interested to know more about what happened can talk about it with any of our staff members (mostly Daylighter or Geforce) in our chatbox
Also after going private we will loose a lot of traffic so managing server costs will be really hard, I hope we can keep getting monthly donations once we get a paypal account to remain alive else we may just end for good

PHUCK DMCA.......Okay I understand BDs are available in US and easy to get(not to mention god damn expensive) but why should we suffer for that..... DMCA has no legal control in other countries for all I know.......SH!T!!! And I really loved the site for its low file sizes

That's where history and culture comes into play. My courses won't be just language courses, but also courses on Japanese culture ;) My college has a whole department on East Asian Studies.

I envy you.........I'm learning Japanese too, but 90% of it is self tutored....

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Looks like ANIMEOUT is going to remove 1/3rd of its content (read Funimation and Vizmedia licensed anime)

PHUCK DMCA.......Okay I understand BDs are available in US and easy to get(not to mention god damn expensive) but why should we suffer for that..... DMCA has no legal control in other countries for all I know.......SH!T!!! And I really loved the site for its low file sizes

I envy you.........I'm learning Japanese too, but 90% of it is self tutored....

invite me into their (animeout's membership system).

debarshi

Otaku
invite me into their (animeout's membership system).

They dont have any such system yet, it'll probably come into effect from July....

we are making another type of support system via which you can support and help us fund the servers without donating cash money but rather using your CPU/GOU power

PS: Search bitcoin on google as we are thinking to implement that
was written in comments of the FB post.

Apart from donating, and getting invites, this is another probable method of joining..... lets see what happens.

BTW, not an otaku eh??? :)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
They dont have any such system yet, it'll probably come into effect from July....

was written in comments of the FB post.

Apart from donating, and getting invites, this is another probable method of joining..... lets see what happens.

BTW, not an otaku eh??? :)

I don't use derogatory comments to describe myself ;)

Otaku still has a negative stigma associated with it in Japan. Surely you're aware of that? I'd prefer to stick to the original meaning, and not the westernization or a Japanese word.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
every anime site knows that hosting licensed series from companies like vizmedia & funimation is always risky & that is why many sites don't even wait for official DMCA notice & remove the series as soon as it gets licensed.also DMCA is valid all over the world just like copyright(in the end credits of any movie there is a notice which says "protected by copyright laws of USA & all countries throughout the world").animeout made a mistake by posting links to such series on their main site.they should have posted such links indirectly by referring/directing visitors to another site/forum hosted in russia/china or sites like pastebin for actual links.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
every anime site knows that hosting licensed series from companies like vizmedia & funimation is always risky & that is why many sites don't even wait for official DMCA notice & remove the series as soon as it gets licensed.also DMCA is valid all over the world just like copyright(in the end credits of any movie there is a notice which says "protected by copyright laws of USA & all countries throughout the world").animeout made a mistake by posting links to such series on their main site.they should have posted such links indirectly by referring/directing visitors to another site/forum hosted in russia/china or sites like pastebin for actual links.

Not exactly.

International copyright is in place through some UN treaty whose name I forget. So the argument "unlicensed in my country" is invalid.

But it has nothing to do with DMCA. DMCA is an implementation of two treaties of WIPO into US law. The EU has adopted it's own variant of the DMCA throught "the copyright directive".

debarshi

Otaku
Not exactly.

International copyright is in place through some UN treaty whose name I forget. So the argument "unlicensed in my country" is invalid.

But it has nothing to do with DMCA. DMCA is an implementation of two treaties of WIPO into US law. The EU has adopted it's own variant of the DMCA throught "the copyright directive".

So in common people's language, can they sue ANIMEOUT if they keep ignoring the DMCA notice?

I don't use derogatory comments to describe myself ;)

Otaku still has a negative stigma associated with it in Japan. Surely you're aware of that? I'd prefer to stick to the original meaning, and not the westernization or a Japanese word.

:yeahright:

OT, but isnt that negative stigma baseless?

And can anyone help me grabbing a decent copy of Chobits?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i know but i wanted to keep it simple.still there is a "fair use" clause also in those treaties which allow distribution of copyrighted material in one country but unlicensed in others for non-commercial purposes which is why unlicensed anime series are distributed without any fears.movies for example have license valid for entire world & same is probably true for US companies acquiring rights of anime/manga series.though there is some legal ambiguity it is widely accepted that if an anime or manga series is not licensed in USA & your own country(former is what matters though) it is alright to download/share those series.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
i know but i wanted to keep it simple.still there is a "fair use" clause also in those treaties which allow distribution of copyrighted material in one country but unlicensed in others for non-commercial purposes which is why unlicensed anime series are distributed without any fears.movies for example have license valid for entire world & same is probably true for US companies acquiring rights of anime/manga series.though there is some legal ambiguity it is widely accepted that if an anime or manga series is not licensed in USA & your own country(former is what matters though) it is alright to download/share those series.

Basically as long as you're not making money through that, you mean?

So in common people's language, can they sue ANIMEOUT if they keep ignoring the DMCA notice?

:yeahright:

OT, but isnt that negative stigma baseless?

And can anyone help me grabbing a decent copy of Chobits?

1. Otaku means "unhealthy obsession with something". My obsession with technology, video games etc (including japan obviously) is not unhealthy. It is out of a genuine enthusiasm and appreciation, so that doesn't qualify me as an otaku.

2. Did you check out the sites I told you? Chobits should be there.

icebags

Technomancer

force d3p to translate those volumes, he knows japanese pretty well. :D

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
force d3p to translate those volumes, he knows japanese pretty well. :D

Or learn the language and do it yourself ;)

UPDATE: So I've finished all the anime content of the Cobra franchise.

It was a blast. If you don't watch this, you're missing out on a really awesome treat.

If you're not watching this, not only are you missing out on a classic, but you're also missing out one of the best stories that could ever be written.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Finished 11 episodes of Attack on Titan...and I lied it...waiting for the next episodes to be released

Finished 11 episodes of Attack on Titan...and I lied it...waiting for the next episodes to be released

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
thats a very good idea, depending on how far he wants to go to get the translation. but once started learning, it will take 1 or 2 months to even start the translation process. :D

it will take ~3-4 years to learn the language to an intermediate level. And that is after accounting for the Heisig method :)

icebags

Technomancer
^nah, 1-2 months is fine to reach talking intermediate level @7-8+ hrs a week practice. but learning to read write it is a time consuming job, i agree. it will take years.

for translating a manga, using nowadays modern tools like an android tab + pen with google translate it will be cakewalk after reaching talking intermediate level. :)

if u're familiar with grammar of indian laguages & english, grammars from most other language is simply no big deal.

Top Bottom