Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

Piyush

Lanaya
I'm currently watching two anime.
K-On!: Its just so kawaiii! Mio-chan and Yui-chan are soo cute (and I like cute things, especially girls :D) .
Infinite Stratos : Its a mecha type anime, seems good till now. Nothing very amazing though.
Is K-On a mini series?

debarshi

Otaku
K-ON is 14 episodes (slice of life, comedy)

Hey man, can you drop a lil info regarding each of the above anime, it'll be easy for me to choose that way.

Sure
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - A romcom between a genius girl and a normal boy. What I loved most is the almost perfect description of emotions and feelings in the anime. (Slice of Life, Just so you know, Fanservice is there)
Tonari no Kaibatsu - Again a romcom between a deliquent (genius) boy and a serious studious girl. I liked the story
K-ON - Musical Comedy, one of the more popular anime, do I need to say more about K-ON?
Usagi Drops - Another must watch, this takes realism in anime to a whole new level. Tells the story of a child who has no one to look after her, how she gradually gets accepted into the family. The expressions, the portrayal of feelings, the BGM all are perfect. Just don't follow the manga. You will be disappointed
Another - Horror, suspense, but all in all a good watch (You may not understand anything during the first few episodes but keep going and the pieces will come together)

I'm still watching Bakemonogatari, and have not yet started Magi, if anyone has, how is it?

debarshi

Otaku
:) Dont mention it.

Just checked your Myanimelist, you should start watching Clannad, its really good.... And so is the afterstory (though a bit on the sad side)

And another one I would recommend is Sukitte Ii na yo (a romance drama, the music and artwork is just incredible)

How was Elfen Lied?

Piyush

Lanaya
:) Dont mention it.

Just checked your Myanimelist, you should start watching Clannad, its really good.... And so is the afterstory (though a bit on the sad side)

And another one I would recommend is Sukitte Ii na yo (a romance drama, the music and artwork is just incredible)

How was Elfen Lied?

Yup, I should start Clannad. Been on hold for a long while now. Will add Sukitte Ii na yo to my "plan to watch" list.
Elfen Lied is good. Tear jerking in the end, solid storyline without any flaws (at least to me it seemed so) and mild nudity.

debarshi

Otaku
debarshi, K-On! has more than 14 episodes. there is a second season and some specials/OVAs.

Ahh, yes...... I thought he was talking about the first season :)

Yep, the sequel has 26 episodes excluding the OVAs I think..... Thanks for the heads up....

What's a mini series?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
What's a mini series?

A series with few episodes. Usually a set of OVAs. I think they also refer to Manga epics (by number of chapters/volumes, not quality) adapted into very few episodes. Like a 15 volume series completed in 5-6 episodes, for example. And different short storylines set in the same universe (not the same as arcs or metaverses BTW).

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Finished Fate Stay Night series and Unlimited Blade works. Good Action. series wasn't good enough but movie was Nice. Anyways, all of this was for Fate Zero, lets hope it is worth it. :)

heidi2521

Padawan
Finished Fate Stay Night series and Unlimited Blade works. Good Action. series wasn't good enough but movie was Nice. Anyways, all of this was for Fate Zero, lets hope it is worth it. :)

If you enjoyed them i assure you you won't be disappointed. :-D

finished Sora no Otoshimono need more recommendations............

You should look into Kotura-san, Chobits and Martian Successor Nadesico.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
watched
Dragon Ball +movies (complete)
Dragon Ball Z +movies(complete)
Dragon Ball GT +movies (complete)
One piece +movies (upto episode 578) except One Piece Film: Z
Naruto (complete)
Naruto Shippuden (upto episode 294)
Highschool Of The Dead (complete)
Beyblade (complete)
Beyblade V Force (complete)
Transformers Armada (complete)
Transformers Energon (complete)
Jackie Chan Adventures (complete)
Digimon Adventures (complete)
Digimon Adventures 02 (complete)

Watching
Bleach (reached episode 12)

Will watch:
Transformers Cybertron
Beyblade G Revolution
Death Note
Fairy Tail
Fullmetal Alchemist
Detective Conan
Pokemon

Updation:

Watched:

Bleach (complete) excluding movies
Fullmetal Alchemist (complete)
Death Note (complete)
Fairy Tail (complete)

Watching:
One Piece (till 589)
Naruto Shippuden (till 306)
Yu Yu Hakusho (till episode 15)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^use myanimelist.net to create a list of your anime & use the link in your signature to show other what series you have watched/watching(check gta0gagan signature above).

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I just finished watching Broken Blade. Was a pretty good series. I recommend you guys watch it. Too bad the manga wont be translated :(

Now I'm going to return to Ouran High School Host Club (manga).

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
just started watching elfen lied on 5 th episode seriously not recommended for below 18 too much blood shed................... sad anime.....

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
now on episode 11 story is good but seriously i don't recommend this anime this is seriously sad one.........................

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
just started watching elfen lied on 5 th episode seriously not recommended for below 18 too much blood shed................... sad anime.....

Well too much bloodshed is not a problem for under-18s. It all depends on your reaction to it. Like I for instance, played Half Life when I was 5 :p The gore never bothered me.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Well too much bloodshed is not a problem for under-18s. It all depends on your reaction to it. Like I for instance, played Half Life when I was 5 :p The gore never bothered me.

u know what..........ur profile name suits u.......

^ 1st 10 minutes of the first episode was jaw dropping :eek:

u started watching it didn't u??

edit:i started watching it cause i noticed it in ur anime list........

finished it......... in all the series was very good very much liked the ending hoped there would be a sequel

i have mixed feeling about this as to recommend and also not recommend this one............

need more suggestion for anime...... plz suggest only short series like <60 episodes not like dragon ball z and all.........

Last edited:
Top Bottom