Android phone btw 22 to 27k

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
At a budget of Rs. 27000 one really expects a dual core phone....So I think we should reccomend those

Maybe Optimus 2x?

Soumik

Padawan
Any idea when O2X will launch? SGSII might launch sooner than that. :) And i have more faith in Samsung pricing than LG. SO i recommend wait for a month and get SGSII. Well worth the price premium (if launched at 30K). Same goes for O2X as well.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Any idea when O2X will launch? SGSII might launch sooner than that. And i have more faith in Samsung pricing than LG. SO i recommend wait for a month and get SGSII. Well worth the price premium (if launched at 30K). Same goes for O2X as well.

No idea. LG will tease consumer's just like they did before launching Optimus One.......
I just hope it's priced competitive.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Dual core is a waste nowadays. The OS isnt optimized and will only be so when Android 2.4 aka Ice cream sandwich is released and that oo in Q3. Add a few more months taken by manufacturers to implement it and you are down to December at the earliest.

OP
@

@|\||_|:)

Broken In
thanks for your replies...
but now that i have read your reviews and also what op think on other forums, i feel this is not the right time to buy a high end phone...
i think i should wait for a month for the dual core...
bcoz that will certainly bring the price of these phones down and also within a month they will become a bit out dated...
even though i hate it but i feel its worth waiting for a months...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@thetechfreak, don't rate a mobile just looking at their processor. its not like a PC where the PC with fastest processor & best graphics wins.

@OP, better wait. SGS2 should be priced higher than Xperia Play. it (S2) would have been a terrific portable gaming console had it shipped with a slide out KB. still Xpera Arc looks cool.

BTW nowadays trend is a manufacturer launches mobiles that looks the same without any variation. Xperia X10 mini, X8, X10 mini pro, X10, Arc, Xperia Pro, Xperia Play. all looks like a xerox copy of the same mobile.

aroraanant

Explorer
But guys Arc doesn't have a front facing camera...And if one is spending around 27-28K and buying a phone without a front facing camera then it is not worth it (atleast now a days)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@thetechfreak, don't rate a mobile just looking at their processor. its not like a PC where the PC with fastest processor & best graphics wins.

Well, I was suggesting a bit of futue proofing. I am not such an expert reccomender of Mobile so trying to reccomend and get some gyaan.

Soumik

Padawan
nowadays trend is a manufacturer launches mobiles that looks the same without any variation. Xperia X10 mini, X8, X10 mini pro, X10, Arc, Xperia Pro, Xperia Play. all looks like a xerox copy of the same mobile.

very true... damn even all Samsung phones also look the same. The same iPhone ish design thats there in almost all samsung phones. SGS, SGSII, Ace, SGSL... heck even my old Star has the same basic design :D. When i ask my friends about SGS and SGSL.. as to what they think, first reaction i get is u already have a similar phone na? :(

Soumik

Padawan
offcourse they are...
now recommending wait for a month, then, SGS+, HTC Incredible, SE Arc... whichever is least priced, go got it :D
Ofcourse if dual cores dont go out of your budget, get one of them, cause they are the future proof ones.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
The Arc is a very powerful multimedia device, The UI is pretty different feels liek an archos or a zune its got an HD cam donno the price wuz around 29K roughly beats the Samsung phones at least I guess donno about the Play though

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I think the Xperia Play will be better. Its touted to be a gaming phone. So more hardware maybe.

Reccomending a phone is going to be very difficult in coming months.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Hardware wise all three - Xperia Play, Arc and Neo are same. All three have Scorpian processor and adreno 205 graphics.
I prefer Arc over Play. Xperia Play is for gamin' freaks.

I would rather buy a sony PSP than Xperia play and enjoy GOW, Tekken etc. (than Bruce Lee, NFS Shift etc. on Xperia Play)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yrah I dont get the PSP certification and what exactly it means I still think the arc (wnna know why? HD VId!) will be a better device than play, the neo is obviously a tier below the arc come on, although I havent seen the play, and I w0nder why its the only xperia device with thart certification. and suddenly all phones has a gpu spec. cant fkn wait to check out the play tho.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Samsung Nexus S is released in India now. Check it out. People are reporting that it is available for as less as 27k.

Top Bottom