AMD shows off Phenom II overclocked to 6.3GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Nehalem will EAT Deneb.
Deneb was never designed to compete with the Nehalem. And its quite obvious that they wont be able to beat it. The low end Nehalem beats the QX9770 which was the best processor before Nehalems were released. And its less than half the price of the QX9770. The problem with AMD is that they're one step behind Intel.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Y not eh?
It's already happened, I've seen the CPU-Z screenshots too.
And it was @4Ghz with some 1.414VCore

sonicspeed

Broken In
phenom 2 official launch

*www.techtrance.net/2008/12/pc-hardware-news/amd-phenom-ii-official-on-8th-january-2009/

amitash

Intel OCer
Y not eh?
It's already happened, I've seen the CPU-Z screenshots too.
And it was @4Ghz with some 1.414VCore
Yea so the AMD users will run at 4ghz and intel users just leave theirs at stock? i dont think so...Core i7s can be OCd too u know...heres the i7-920 at 4.1Ghz on AIR cooling...but what really matters is that most normal end-users dont overclock at all so its the stock speed that matters and AMD doesnt cut it...They can only look at the VFM sector

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
Achieving high clock speeds alone doesnt mean getting good speed as the actual measure of speed is the time taken to execute an instruction, so higher clock speeds donot necessarily mean more speed.

GauravCJ

Banned
^ So true. Intel has proved that time and time again. The pathetic Athlon 6400+ X2 runs at 3.2GHz stock, and the Intel E8600 runs at 3.33 GHz stock. Although the Intel make runs only 1.33GHz faster, the difference in speed and performance is like a Premier Padmini vs. a Porsche Carrera GT.

OP
4T7

4T7

Journeyman
OK guyz see this related article can be found here

Phenom II runs Crysis at 6.2GHz

Last edited:

satyamy

Alive Again...
my Vendor says Corei7 will soon be cheaper around this April

so i think Corei7 is worth

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^^^cause INTEL is not going to make any processor for the LGA 775 sockets , so the corei7 will be soon cheap @ the END od march/09 .

Since AMD marketing and distributorship in INDIA is poor , AMD will never beat INTELs processor corei7

jan/09 the corei7 920 @ cost of 15k , the only doubt is motherboard price ??:confused:

AMD "DENEB" will be the only competitor to the core2quad .......

GauravCJ

Banned
And once it comes down to about 10,000-ish in about 6-7 months (which it will), it will be the highest selling processor of all time.

All those cheap-as.s ads on Times, Hindu by nukkad shopkeepers will also say "equipped with the Core i7 920, so you can blow away all competition".

Be patient, and watch the market.

OP
4T7

4T7

Journeyman
And once it comes down to about 10,000-ish in about 6-7 months (which it will), it will be the highest selling processor of all time.

All those cheap-as.s ads on Times, Hindu by nukkad shopkeepers will also say "equipped with the Core i7 920, so you can blow away all competition".

Be patient, and watch the market.
Highest selling proccy of all time? U gotta be kidding :p

amitash

Intel OCer
^^^Yeah, with 1.5V+ Vcore, the chip wud be fried!

Thats because the person who reviewd over there had set his voltage to "auto"...people have OCd their i7s to anywhere between 3.7-4.0Ghz with voltages of around 1.28 to 1.34v which is in the safe margin as intel announced that 1.375v should be the maximum safe limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom