AMD shows off Phenom II overclocked to 6.3GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitash

Intel OCer
^heres one *www.motherboards.org/reviews/hardware/1831_8.html ..lookin for more...research bfore you post dude
EDIT: heres another but at 1.27v *benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=254&Itemid=63&limit=1&limitstart=4

You can google for the rest..

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ r u getting a new tru or getting the brackets only?
i own a CM Hyper48 (LGA775),cud u tell me from where i cud get the brackets so that i can use it wit ma i7?

GauravCJ

Banned
Deneb will be exciting for sure, as are all new things in the computing world. The question is will it able to reign supreme? Hell no. It's not i965 Extreme class, not even i920 class probably.

I have doubts if it will be able to even *match* the performance of the previous generation Q9775/Q9770/QX9650 processors. If that holds true, sadly then, Deneb will be two generations behind Intel at the time of launch.

New tagline for AMD? "2 generation old technology inside. Enjoy yesterday's technology today!

Last edited:
OP
4T7

4T7

Journeyman
AMD is rolling out a 3.0 GHz Phenom II for $275 and a 2.8 GHz version for $235. The chips are expected to appear in systems at the Consumer Electronics Show in January as reported by eetimes

amitash

Intel OCer
^^^ r u getting a new tru or getting the brackets only?
i own a CM Hyper48 (LGA775),cud u tell me from where i cud get the brackets so that i can use it wit ma i7?

Making my own brackets (or my dads making them for me)
See an update in my review you wont like it.
AMD is rolling out a 3.0 GHz Phenom II for $275 and a 2.8 GHz version for $235. The chips are expected to appear in systems at the Consumer Electronics Show in January as reported by eetimes

Too close to the i7-920 imo

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
thats sad news coz even core i7 920 is expected to cost about $280.
Lets see what happens. Even than i7 can outperform the 3GHz phenom for reasons of its internal architechture.

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
strange comment, but thats true, speed is a mixture of clock cycles and processor architechture.
Not just the GHz rating.

GauravCJ

Banned
Yes and it can beat all Core 2 Duos after OC :D

Absolutely amazing for an upcoming processor, that it beats a processor range which is a generation old, and that too WITH OVERCLOCKING! Lol, that's what I call being "updated to the hilt"........

Moreover, those enthusiastic faggots at Fudzilla are comparing it with the E8200 and the E8400 (ahem, some cases). Whateva happened to the E8500 (which clocks to 4.7GHz avg.) and E8600 (6.7GHz record holder with Kingpin)?........... Where does that pile of red cra.p stand when compared to these two?

Fastest dual my as.s, it's another pathetic "let's have a sub 3.0GHz processor and sell it with crappy lies" attempt from AMD.

Last edited:
OP
4T7

4T7

Journeyman
Absolutely amazing for an upcoming processor, that it beats a processor range which is a generation old, and that too WITH OVERCLOCKING! Lol, that's what I call being "updated to the hilt"........

Moreover, those enthusiastic faggots at Fudzilla are comparing it with the E8200 and the E8400 (ahem, some cases). Whateva happened to the E8500 (which clocks to 4.7GHz avg.) and E8600 (6.7GHz record holder with Kingpin)?........... Where does that pile of red cra.p stand when compared to these two?

Fastest dual my as.s, it's another pathetic "let's have a sub 3.0GHz processor and sell it with crappy lies" attempt from AMD.
Oh yes 6.7ghz without any stability tests :p

GauravCJ

Banned
^ Good point there, but it still doesn't change the fact that the E8600, overclocked to 4.5GHz stably (Click here) is a dual core which any red pile of fecal matter can't touch (let alone beat). :)

When comparing them at stocks, the E8600 is once again the fastest dual core out there, and it will be so forever I guess. Too bad, AMD and its fanboys just won't accept the truth, but the good part is it still doesn't change the truth. They'll yell in excitement that a Phenom II Quad Core can overclock to 6.3GHz with liquid nitrogen cooling. Very exciting indeed! Or an unreleased upcoming AMD processor is going to match, and "sometimes" beat the performance of a rank 4/rank 3 c2d processor gone by, i.e. the E8200 and E8400. Even more exciting!

We have overclocking in the Pentium world too, and funny thing, a damned Celeron overclocks better than the Phenom II then....

Take a look everybody. Here are the world frequency records. Obviously these are not 24/7 prime stable, but it shows what that overclocking point for Intel processors can be. We're talking overclocking here, and.............red is eaten. ;)

Last edited:

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
As of now even overclocked AMD processors cant beat little less oveclocked Intel processors, until AMD changes architecture of their processor to more speedy one's. Lets see what AMD does..

Status
Not open for further replies.