AMD shows off Phenom II overclocked to 6.3GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
4T7

4T7

Journeyman
^ Good point there, but it still doesn't change the fact that the E8600, overclocked to 4.5GHz stably (Click here) is a dual core which any red pile of fecal matter can't touch (let alone beat). :)

When comparing them at stocks, the E8600 is once again the fastest dual core out there, and it will be so forever I guess. Too bad, AMD and its fanboys just won't accept the truth, but the good part is it still doesn't change the truth. They'll yell in excitement that a Phenom II Quad Core can overclock to 6.3GHz with liquid nitrogen cooling. Very exciting indeed! Or an unreleased upcoming AMD processor is going to match, and "sometimes" beat the performance of a rank 4/rank 3 c2d processor gone by, i.e. the E8200 and E8400. Even more exciting!

We have overclocking in the Pentium world too, and funny thing, a damned Celeron overclocks better than the Phenom II then....

Take a look everybody. Here are the world frequency records. Obviously these are not 24/7 prime stable, but it shows what that overclocking point for Intel processors can be. We're talking overclocking here, and.............red is eaten. ;)
Well I think su should see this

GauravCJ

Banned
^ Nice, speeds above 3.0Ghz. So red is "revealing" the 10.5 architecture in June..... It's anybody's guess that commercial availability will be a few months after that.

Oh by the way, Intel will take a "few" steps ahead too! And AMD can catch up/try to match in.....................Q2 2011? ;)

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Mostly they will catch up in 2011 with Fusion(IF they survive in the market till then). But Intel Larrabee will be out before Fusion. :|

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
^ Good point there, but it still doesn't change the fact that the E8600, overclocked to 4.5GHz stably (Click here) is a dual core which any red pile of fecal matter can't touch (let alone beat). :)

Fastest dual my as.s, it's another pathetic "let's have a sub 3.0GHz processor and sell it with crappy lies" attempt from AMD
Its definitely a good upgrade for people having slower x2's and its not intend to fight faster core 2 duo, understand that.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Phenom II X4 940 @ 275 $ Beats Core i7 920@284$.Also both overclockable by 1GHz.1-Phenom II X4 940@275 $ roughly ties in performance with Corei7 920@284$.2-But the Motherboard for AMD is way cheaper than the X58 For INTEL.3-DDR3 used by Core i7 is 3 times more expensive than DDR2 used by AMD.4-Phenom X4 is backward compatible it work with All AM2+ and also most AM2 boards also both r equally overclockable by 1GHz.Phenom II from 3 to 4 GHz and core i7 from 2.66 to 3.7 GHz.So only an as*h*le will buy a Nehalen Ci7 920.

I find many of user in threads write WOW corei7 is gr8 CPU my GOD intel is gr8.Intel customer ki watt lag de di

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I can say one thing, wait till Feb, to know who wins and by how much and by what price.

But u only caught a part of the post, what about this:
But the Motherboard for AMD is way cheaper than the X58 For INTEL.3-DDR3 used by Core i7 is 3 times more expensive than DDR2 used by AMD.4-Phenom X4 is backward compatible it work with All AM2+ and also most AM2 boards also both r equally overclockable by 1GHz.Phenom II from 3 to 4 GHz and core i7 from 2.66 to 3.7 GHz.So only an as*h*le will buy a Nehalen Ci7 920.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
^ Good joke indeed! Have a look at this. Phenom II X4 940 barely beats the Core2Quad Q9550 in most games. Not so phenomenal...........as usual. ;)

Sorry miss the title "PERFORM ROUGHLY EQUALS THE PERFORMANCE OF CORE i7 920@2.66 Ghz.

Please read carefully and understand which one is better option with value for money consider all things

Phenom II4 940 is behind both Ci7 920 and C2Q 9650(3 Ghz 12MB cache).But the difference is not too much.only in 3D rendering and video encoding did Ci7 increase he gap significantly bcoz of HT.After launching X4 940 AMD will launch the DDR3 version of this CPU called X4 945.This will be 5% faster than 940 and will therefore decrease the gap even more -equal to C2Q 9650.Also this AMD CPU is cheaper then both competing INTEL CPUS + motherboard for phenom II is 100$ cheaper than Ci7 boards.So add the cost also.The price of Ci7 is OK But the boards are fu**king expensive also Phenom overclocks to 4Ghz on air which Ci7 can't -only 3.7 to 3.8Ghz.

Now if ur CPU 5-10% faster then paying 10$ extra
and for motherboard 100$ extra and 100$ extra for RAM(i m not fool intel do every time same thing increase the chipset cost and introduces new technology to force to vendor or giving the commission )

I always select the better option its INTEL or AMD i want my profit not for company Anandtech and tomshardware they always promote the INTEL i read many articles they r son of intel.I have no personal attachments with AMD but INTEL is the marking king they know how sell the product intel promote the CPU features its useful or useless they promote go too the AMD history and check out the all feature then see aging Nehalem u can found many of them.

My Ranking for CPU

1st Ci7 920 2nd tie betwwen C2Q 9650 and X4 945 3rd X4 940 But the performance differnce between 1st and 3rd is 10% its not big.

OFF TOPIC:I used intel CPU more than AMD (5 intel CPU and 3 AMD CPU) i do lot of thing with CPUS i solder my thunderbird (i love my Athlon P3 ki to laga deta tha )to increase the voltage now these any noob can easily overclock his CPU credit goes to Motherboard manufacturers.

I can say one thing, wait till Feb, to know who wins and by how much and by what price.

But u only caught a part of the post, what about this:

yes which paragraph is not clear to u

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Dude the phenom II X4 940 is 3.0Ghz AM+ socket 125V+ , the architecture is fantastic no more bugs and clear way of processing enthusiast ." DDR2 memory controller"

mostly designed for the Gaming architecture . So surely it can beat the C2QuadQ9550

But coming to the AMD's DDR3 controller where only AM3 boards are being lesser compared X58 boards but , the performance way Corei7 will be the Best even in gaming .

Most of the games are recommending now corei7 processor , but only thing in INTEL's is [god damn price]

amitash

Intel OCer
You cant know what to believe untill the phenom 2s actually come out...The gaming performance there is not surprising at all...It was expected that phenom 2 will be close to the i7s on this score....Im waiting to see benchmarks like super pi, sandra, cinebench etc...Also as games get more and more multithreaded the i7 will keep increasing its gaming performance...I also want to see crossfire and SLI performance..The i7s give anywhere between 30-60% increase in multi GPU configs.

*en.hardspell.com/doc/showcont.asp?news_id=3721
If thats to be believed then the core i7s are 10s faster in super pi!!

Last edited:
I don't know whether to laugh at you or pity you. "Gaming architecture" wtf ?
If AMD equals intel in gaming and looses everywhere else, its "gaming architecture" ?

Intel = 8 threads, AMD = 4 threads. That alone makes most of the difference in performance, and I am yet to see a guy who says that he runs only 4 threads maximum on his CPU.

Multimedia - another area which matters. Again AMD looses out. Why does the maker of "native" quad core CPUs have difficulty in tasks its Athlon X2s were considered UBER at during their time ?

Now AMD Bulldozer may beat Nehalem. So what ? You think they would compete with Intel's next architecture, the 32nm Sandy Bridge ?

And remember that AMD is always behind Intel when it comes to manufacturing process. Intel again makes more profits than AMD and AMD is yet to come up with a "realistic" reply to Atom.

In a nutshell: INTEL IS DOMINATING

The max AMD can do is make chipsets for Intel Nehalem CPUs which would atleast generate *some* income for AMD. But if that is done, nobody would buy the 4-way crossfire capable 790FX Chipset.

And perhaps AMD can bring out a new line of mobile CPUs faster than Intel does and try something to get the upper hand in laptop segment using its 780G+SB710 mobos.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^+1
There is no question about "waiting" until they come out. Nehalem will be faster than Deneb and Deneb doesn't stand a chance. Period.
Im waiting to see benchmarks like super pi, sandra, cinebench
Don't even expect Deneb to come close to the i7s. Benchmarks like Cinebench are mainly dependent on multiple threads. Nehalem has 8, Deneb has 4. I wont be surprised if Nehalem is twice as fast as Deneb in those benchmarks involving multi-tasking.

amitash

Intel OCer
^25s before OC...looks sad but that was an engineering sample...still dont xpect miracles from deneb...
Don't even expect Deneb to come close to the i7s. Benchmarks like Cinebench are mainly dependent on multiple threads. Nehalem has 8, Deneb has 4. I wont be surprised if Nehalem is twice as fast as Deneb in those benchmarks involving multi-tasking.

What about core to core performance? like the cinebench 1-cpu benchmark

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
X2 7750 is exciting, but at stock it sucks competing with the 2.6Ghz E5300 only.
However, it has superb OC, well done AMD.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
I don't know whether to laugh at you or pity you. "Gaming architecture" wtf ?
If AMD equals intel in gaming and looses everywhere else, its "gaming architecture" ?

Intel = 8 threads, AMD = 4 threads. That alone makes most of the difference in performance, and I am yet to see a guy who says that he runs only 4 threads maximum on his CPU.

Multimedia - another area which matters. Again AMD looses out. Why does the maker of "native" quad core CPUs have difficulty in tasks its Athlon X2s were considered UBER at during their time ?

Now AMD Bulldozer may beat Nehalem. So what ? You think they would compete with Intel's next architecture, the 32nm Sandy Bridge ?

And remember that AMD is always behind Intel when it comes to manufacturing process. Intel again makes more profits than AMD and AMD is yet to come up with a "realistic" reply to Atom.

In a nutshell: INTEL IS DOMINATING

The max AMD can do is make chipsets for Intel Nehalem CPUs which would atleast generate *some* income for AMD. But if that is done, nobody would buy the 4-way crossfire capable 790FX Chipset.

And perhaps AMD can bring out a new line of mobile CPUs faster than Intel does and try something to get the upper hand in laptop segment using its 780G+SB710 mobos.

Xcuse me I just said DENEB phenom 2 only competitor to Intel core2Quad ,

Gaming Architecture - Its like Intel pentium 4 was beaten by Athlon in gaming & graphics , since with the lower clock speeds versus of 2 processors .

And everyone cannot buy the corei7 insanely priced MOBO + CPU for 30K . those who want atleast to game with the help of the some processor & good gpu means

AMD's AM2+ Phenom 2 940 3Ghz 45nm processor would be help full for the budget gamers .

AMD AM2+ phenom2 940 is launching in Jan/09 = price $199 may be lesser on that date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom