AMD Rx 200 series

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
I think in India Sapphire offers 3 years of full warranty. M.D. Computer is the biggest distributor of the sapphire cards and when asked specifically, they told me that the warranty is of 3 years. Can anyone from Kolkata call M.D and verify?

I can Call and Verify within 1-2 days. Will update it here.
Can anyone tell me if the Asus B4 Edition of R9 290X is available india or not?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes ;) :D
Buy Online Asus Radeon R9 290 4GB DDR5 ATI PCI E Graphics Card (R9290-4GD5) in india

but better wait for some custom cooled version .. soon they'll be available.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
r9 280x or gtx 770??

also can any1 confirm the prices of both stock and factory oced cards.........

GTX770 FTW if price cut, otherwise. 280X eyes closed like dead cyclops.

yes ;) :D
Buy Online Asus Radeon R9 290 4GB DDR5 ATI PCI E Graphics Card (R9290-4GD5) in india

but better wait for some custom cooled version .. soon they'll be available.

OR one can buy this in winter as a room heater at night and leaf-blower in the afternoon, then whack with an GELID/ AAE3 in Summer :D

meanwhile in UK...

buy 290x @ price of 290

kartikoli

Busy!!
Here comes the beast equal to 7950 and very close to 760 @16.3k
Buy Online Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB DDR5 ATI PCI E Graphics Card (R9270X-DC2-2GD5) in india

ASUS Radeon R9 270X Direct CU II TOP 2GB Graphics Card Review

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
R9 290 non x listed at IT depot
*www.theitdepot.com/details-Asus+Ra...I+E+Graphics+Card+(R9290-4GD5)_C45P19676.html

Great pricing too

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Sapphire Releases Performance-boosting BIOS for its R9-290

Rumor: Radeon R9-290X-X2 to Bring Double the Hawaii?

msaiashwin

Journeyman
This post is truly for Nvidia fans and AMD fans might not like it.

I guess the rx 200 series is a typical replica of gtx 400 series. Infact worse than that. The stock card gets hotter and noisier than the gtx 480. I still remember the criticism that gtx 480 received when I was going to purchase that. The gtx 480 outperformed 5870 at that time and people still recommended the 5870 because of the stability and lower temps. Eventhough custom coolers were out later they still recommended the 5870 because of the efficiency/ lower temps.

Now I find almost everyone recommending the rx 200 series knowing its serious issues with temps and problems of power tune on retail cards. Though the custom ones are out I done see the temps reducing below 80 degrees seeing how hard amd is pushing its chip.

I just want to know why are people giving more importance to only performance rather than reliability/ efficiency now? Everyone knows the GTX 700 series are very well built compared to RX 200. I was lucky that 580 was out and hence could avoid 480. AMD claims that cards are designed to operate at 95 degrees but will you guys agree and trust? At those levels the card will definitely degrade faster. also the driver support of NVidia is better than amd. If 480 series was bad because of heat and noise issues then rx 200 series is also no different. Then y are people here recommending the rx 200?

chk this link below:
AMD R9 290X Fan Noise & Temps: How Hot & Loud Is It? - YouTube

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

I guess the rx 200 series is a typical replica of gtx 400 series. Infact worse than that. The stock card gets hotter and noisier than the gtx 480. I still remember the criticism that gtx 480 received when I was going to purchase that. The gtx 480 outperformed 5870 at that time and people still recommended the 5870 because of the stability and lower temps. Eventhough custom coolers were out later they still recommended the 5870 because of the efficiency/ lower temps.

Now I find almost everyone recommending the rx 200 series knowing its serious issues with temps and problems of power tune on retail cards. Though the custom ones are out I done see the temps reducing below 80 degrees seeing how hard amd is pushing its chip.

I just want to know why are people giving more importance to only performance rather than reliability/ efficiency now? Everyone knows the GTX 700 series are very well built compared to RX 200. I was lucky that 580 was out and hence could avoid 480. AMD claims that cards are designed to operate at 95 degrees but will you guys agree and trust? At those levels the card will definitely degrade faster. also the driver support of NVidia is better than amd. If 480 series was bad because of heat and noise issues then rx 200 series is also no different. Then y are people here recommending the rx 200?

chk this link below:

See all you have pointed out is very true, there is no denying that AMD 200x series cards are hot, loud, in some cases as hot as devil's kettle. operating temp too high, fan noice distracting and all that. the only and only thing that will make people buy these cards is the performance/bucks. And here there is also NO denying that AMD has done something remarkable. R9-290/R9-290X/R9-280X are brilliant at their price point for the performance they offer. you have to admit that there are either no direct competition at the exactly same (repeat exactly same ) price points from nvidia.

nvidia has state of the art cooling at stock, very quiet and superb temp profile at load.but they claim prices where they have a card which performs less/bucks than AMD. the price-cut for 770 and 780 have definitely put the buyers in better positions, but then again for a few bucks more or less AMD has cards have better performance.

The whole idea of buying a card is now shifted to the explicit and absolute need of buyer

if buyer wants a cool, silent better built card with excellent performance against a premium he will go for nvidia. even buy AMP,HOF,classy,lightning, ACX versions (goes for 780 to touch 290X at lesser price).

if buyer have the confidence, resource and will to negate the high-temp,noise issues against a very affordable price for equally great performance (goes for 290 with custom cooler or AAE3 or CUII , VaporX, Toxic ...way better than 770 with few bucks more) he will go for AMD.

i have seen people in international forum slapping EKWBs and using liquid cooling to use 290 as cool as cucumber, i have also seen newegg run out of stock in seconds after the price drop of 780 for EVGA classy. So its a great great time to buy cards, a monster amount of cards have been sold after AMD 200x release and nvidia price-cut.

competition makes life better :D

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

chk this link below:

afaik, only r9 290/290x runs hot and everyone recommends to go with a custom cooled ones. rest is explained by sam

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
also the driver support of NVidia is better than amd.
yeah, that's why they released a card killing driver recently?

Check before commenting. I never claim X is better than Y or Y is better than X.

The stock card gets hotter and noisier than the gtx 480.
You lost me there.

It's still somehow less noisier than/equal HD 5870. ;) The reason why HD 5870 was recommended was because it was cheaper and GTX 480 didn't warrant extra money for the price it came. Custom cooled cards will solved the problem anyway.

Dunno why are people paranoid about temps. Never bothered 7 years back. One guy is aiming 25 C at idle for his GPU. What nonsense.

*i.imgur.com/oVNAgZy.png

*i.imgur.com/LNRNqSs.png

ASHISH65

Technomancer
DICE's Johan Andersson Talks BF4, Frostbite, Mantle, The Future - Chris Angelini And Johan Andersson Talk Battlefield 4 And Frostbite 3

coolnikk

Journeyman
A look at what's in the store :D
Asus toppmodeller av Radeon R9 290/290X får mest avancerade kretskortet hittills - www.NHW.se

Also BF4 pack by gigabyte windforce cooler edition released for 280X , 270X and 270 :
*www.tomshardware.com/news/gigabyte-radeon-r9-200-bf4-windforce,25258.html#xtor=RSS-980

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
here's some news about the Big bro in the Rx series :D
AMD Working on Dual Hawaii GPU Card Called Vesuvius - Legit Reviews

Top Bottom