AMD Rx 200 series

Piyush

Lanaya
^^I'm also thinking of 760 now but the problem is my PSU have only one 6 pin connector.
Going for this card will make me buy new PSU too.

On the other hand, if I go for R9 270 (not 270X), I'll save around 10K ( 5K from price difference and 5 k for new PSU).
But then again, the performance difference is also noticeable in half of the game titles.
Confused........

Piyush

Lanaya
Which psu you have ? you can use molex pin also :)

I have CM 450W 85+ Bronze. My Cpu is AMD Athlon II X4 640. If the molex can help me out then I think I dont have to change the PSU since Athlon 640 + Gtx 760 aint a power hungry combo, right?

Piyush

Lanaya
sell you existing PC and buy a new one :wink:

Arey na... that'd cost me a lot :p
That processor is still doing good. If I see any bottleneck (which I'm sure wont be the case) I'll overclock it.

Right now I'll be buying Gpu , 22" monitor and PSU (if required).

S.S gadgets

Broken In
Arey na... that'd cost me a lot :p
That processor is still doing good. If I see any bottleneck (which I'm sure wont be the case) I'll overclock it.

Right now I'll be buying Gpu , 22" monitor and PSU (if required).

your processor will bottleneck for sure, better sell it and get latest FX series processor... ;)

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Aww man.. this means new motherboard too :(

get the R9 270 or X maybe with molex piyushbhai,
its more than capable for gaming at 900p or 1080p
its perfectly compatible with your existing PSU

don't upgrade to FX series processors when you already have the Athlon 640, the performance difference wouldn't be much.

Piyush

Lanaya
get the R9 270 or X maybe with molex piyushbhai,
its more than capable for gaming at 900p or 1080p
its perfectly compatible with your existing PSU

don't upgrade to FX series processors when you already have the Athlon 640, the performance difference wouldn't be much.
Yea.. I was thinking somewhat same after learning the bottleneck issue. Thing is I will be gaming at 1080p but not at highest settings at all. Since now, I've been gaming on medim settings at 1024x768 resolution , so anything running at 1080p would be paradise for me :lol:

So, my current setup with R9 270 will be decent enough na? I an not going for 270X now since the performance difference aint worth the money I think. (Or did I get the pricing wrong?)
270 - 15K
270X- 18K ?
And thanks bro for the input :)
^^Better to start a new thread. ;)

Started a thread in the respective section and thinking of waitig till March to see any price drops :)

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
and as amd is releasing drivers for mantle getting a r9 270x seems a better option since cpu bottleneck will not be a problem in future. so buy the 270x in enough for 1080p.

also his r9 270x cost only 14,856 on md computers

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ AMD would want you to believe something else:- ;)

*www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/AMD-Mantle-UseCase1.png

Moreover, don't think the time has come to make a purchase decision based on Mantle.

A pretty critical analysis of Mantle, although we have to wait to see if the title holds true:-

AMD’s Mantle benchmarked: The biggest innovation in gaming since DirectX 9 | ExtremeTech

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ thanks for the link and this is epic :D Mantle actually working better for Intel than AMD ;)
Page 3 - AMD’s Mantle benchmarked: The biggest innovation in gaming since DirectX 9 | ExtremeTech

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Get R9 270x with eyes closed

Actually it's not that clear cut. The R9 270x is basically a re-badged 7870 ghz edition while the 7870 XT is based on the Tahiti LE architecture and is closer to the 7950 than normal 7870 (1536 SPs vs 1280 SPs on the 270x). Both are costing around 16k right now. So apart from Mantle, is there any other reason to go for the 270x?

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Actually it's not that clear cut. The R9 270x is basically a re-badged 7870 ghz edition while the 7870 XT is based on the Tahiti LE architecture and is closer to the 7950 than normal 7870 (1536 SPs vs 1280 SPs on the 270x). Both are costing around 16k right now. So apart from Mantle, is there any other reason to go for the 270x?

R9 270x performs same as Hd 7950 (non boost) - *tpucdn.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_780_Ti/images/perfrel_1920.gif

It will also perform same as hd 7870 Le

bikramjitkar

In the zone
R9 270x performs same as Hd 7950 (non boost) - *tpucdn.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_780_Ti/images/perfrel_1920.gif

It will also perform same as hd 7870 Le

Thanks for the benchmarks. Think I'll go with this one then: HIS GRAPHICS CARD R9 270X ICEQ X2 BOOST CLOCK 2GB DDR5 (R9 270X IceQ X² Boost Clock - H270XQM2G2M - 489513900885 - 18,085.71)

Does HIS have good after sales support in India?

Top Bottom