AMD Rx 200 series

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
one more :
AnandTech Portal | The AMD Radeon R7 265 & R7 260 Review: Feat Sapphire & Asus

Price and performance wise R7 265 looks excellent.
The problem is AMD cards tend to look excellent price/performance-wise at "paper launch"
but give them a month and the prices become inflated like hell.
and its not due to bitcoin people buying like crazy, its underhanded market manipulation by AMD and its 3rd party vendors.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problem is AMD cards tend to look excellent price/performance-wise at "paper launch"
but give them a month and the prices become inflated like hell.
and its not due to bitcoin people buying like crazy, its underhanded market manipulation by AMD and its 3rd party vendors.
lol, prove it.

Prices are okay everywhere except USA. In India you can pick up R9 280X for 24K.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
lol, prove it.

Prices are okay everywhere except USA. In India you can pick up R9 280X for 24K.
He is right in one case, almost all AMD cards in USA are selling way above their launch price and/or does not follow the normal price decrease curve as it happened previously.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is right in one case, almost all AMD cards in USA are selling way above their launch price and/or does not follow the normal price decrease curve as it happened previously.
yup, but that's due to mining.

Not because of some underhand tactics he is claiming lol.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Think like this, while comparing US prices and Indian prices of AMD cards, you are actually getting the card cheaper than the forex rate. Gone are the days of paying more than the exchange rate. :p

Seriously though, most AMD cards are still better placed price-wise to their comparative nVIDIA models in India and the situation is OK in Europe also.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
as expected something to fight with Titan Z but bit coin miners will increase the price of this :D the only thing making me worried is how much power these will eat and how they are going to contribute into global warming.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Sapphire R9 270x for Rs 14100 on snapdeal - Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2Gbddr5 - Buy Graphic Cards Online @ Best Prices on Snapdeal.com

This is really tempting and the seller seems to have good feedback, but I've heard enough horror stories about snapdeal to stop me from hitting the "Buy" button. Damnit. :confused:

amjath

Human Spambot
Sapphire R9 270x for Rs 14100 on snapdeal - Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2Gbddr5 - Buy Graphic Cards Online @ Best Prices on Snapdeal.com

This is really tempting and the seller seems to have good feedback, but I've heard enough horror stories about snapdeal to stop me from hitting the "Buy" button. Damnit. :confused:

Cod :rolleyes:

snap

Lurker

well snapdeal has a really bad rep, imo avoid it

Pasapa

Live to die another day
SAPPHIRE R7 250X 1 GB DDR5: Amazon.in: Electronics

just saw this, i guess the 7770 replacement is here.

Top Bottom