AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its a good news that atleast in server processor world the bulldozer gave what it was expected to be.
@skud,
hey look at the last comment from the anadtech,opteron is now showing good performance and there is still some more juice in that processor but needs to be utilized in proper way which anandtech have promised to show.so we will wait and watch.

My point was it is not going to make the top-end CPU of the competitor redundant like they did with Athlon64 (desktop). But good to see, there's quite a bit unearthed potential in BD. Hopefully, Piledriver is going to correct a lot of things.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
why are you comparing those two?:?:

Instead of buying a dual CPU 8-core SB-EP setup worth $4k (of which the stillborn kids are SB-E), an IT department person will buy 4 Interlagos 16-core chips worth $2.5k.

16 cores vs. 64 cores where 64 cores are cheaper. See what I mean?

sukesh1090

Adam young
win 8 is too late and don't expect any win 7 patch so only hope is PD or BD revision B3,if they went bad then thats it, no one is going to wait.AMD should bury themselves after bulldozer >pile driver >excavator..... burier and at last the Intel architecture will be condolence.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
win 8 is too late and don't expect any win 7 patch so only hope is PD or BD revision B3,if they went bad then thats it, no one is going to wait.AMD should bury themselves after bulldozer >pile driver >excavator..... burier and at last the Intel architecture will be condolence.

Even after stating to reviewers that there will be one early next year?

ranjitsd

Journeyman

if PD Fails intel i3 will be 10k and PD 8 Core will be 5k

sukesh1090

Adam young
@extreme gamer,
what will come early next year?win 8?I don't think so because now only they have released developer preview.so next will be beta after a long time because from the developer preview only you can find that it is still incomplete.so after beta it will take some more 3-4 months for final.so can you expect it to get released early next year?
win 7 patch,i don't know much about it.if it is coming then it is a good news but still to get full out of you need hell lot of optimization for almost all softwares,which AMD can't expect in a market where people and developers are completely biased towards Intel.so AMD only should do some optimizations in their hardware and release it to the market.
@ranjitsd,
if PD fails then even don't expect that AMD will retail it.today you will hardly will be able to get your hands on a BD processor.

Last edited:

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
To late for them to improve BD. I have already upgraded and wont be buying a new CPU+Motherboard for another 3-4 years. Hope AMD is still around till then.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@extreme gamer,
what will come early next year?win 8?I don't think so because now only they have released developer preview.so next will be beta after a long time because from the developer preview only you can find that it is still incomplete.so after beta it will take some more 3-4 months for final.so can you expect it to get released early next year?
win 7 patch,i don't know much about it.if it is coming then it is a good news but still to get full out of you need hell lot of optimization for almost all softwares,which AMD can't expect in a market where people and developers are completely biased towards Intel.so AMD only should do some optimizations in their hardware and release it to the market.
@ranjitsd,
if PD fails then even don't expect that AMD will retail it.today you will hardly will be able to get your hands on a BD processor.

This is what they should have done with the desktop BD part: can it and instead utilize the resources to Trinity, Piledriver.

Top Bottom