AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
That Hotfix has been pulled of by Microsoft because it resulted some drastic performance drop in some areas too. Currently Microsoft is investigating the reason and a fix for the FIX. :(

sukesh1090

Adam young
Oh i guess thats why a guy in that forum asking for the link to download that fix as he was not able to find it.looks like it is getting difficult for microsoft also to understand the BD.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think AMD should come up with a fix for this ( like they made CPU driver and DCO for Xp ) - that would be much more better, stable and reliable ;-)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
a nice analysis.

To back up our statements we decided to use a quad-core Bulldozer processor to replicate two possible ways of disabling CPU cores and compare the performance in both cases. In the first case we used a “real” FX-4100 with two modules and four cores, and in the second – an eight-core four-module Bulldozer where we manually disabled one core per module. To ensure that the comparison is fair, we set the clock frequency to 3.6 GHz for both processors. For your reference we also included the performance numbers of a fully-functional eight-core CPU with all cores active and running.

*www.xbitlabs.com/images/cpu/amd-fx-8120-6100-4100/table2.png

AMD FX-8120, AMD FX-6100 and AMD FX-4100 CPUs Review. Page 2 - X-bit labs
(not with patch)

ranjitsd

Journeyman
oops intel pentium g680 is better then fx processor in gaming

AMD FX-8120, AMD FX-6100 and AMD FX-4100 CPUs Review. Page 6 - X-bit labs

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^there is llano and trinity is coming and pd is also coming and the win 7 patch already showed some significant improvement in games.so need to wait and watch.

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think you guys have concluded that this year is not good to AMD. Ya, it is true for geeks like us, but financially BD is a success n is selling like hot cake. The 1st 8 core processor in the world thing is attracting lots of customers towards BD and it is a financial success, suppressing the sell of 2500K. That's why Intel has released a new processor 2550K as a refresh to their line up.
Not all the time market is driven by the performance, it also driven by the advertisement and gimmick you can offer. Best thing is it is now favoring AMD.

ranjitsd

Journeyman
I think you guys have concluded that this year is not good to AMD. Ya, it is true for geeks like us, but financially BD is a success n is selling like hot cake. The 1st 8 core processor in the world thing is attracting lots of customers towards BD and it is a financial success, suppressing the sell of 2500K. That's why Intel has released a new processor 2550K as a refresh to their line up.
Not all the time market is driven by the performance, it also driven by the advertisement and gimmick you can offer. Best thing is it is now favoring AMD.
100% true:evil:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD is giving cashback on their BD CPUs:-

AMD launches cashback programme for FX processors | KitGuru

More cores, more cashback. Why don't they offer the same here? We are a poor country. ;)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just checked. I have not commented there, I think they have some sort of linkback or link tracking type of thing. Definitely it is pointing to my post here.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
The 1st 8 core processor in the world thing is attracting lots of customers towards BD and it is a financial success, suppressing the sell of 2500K. That's why Intel has released a new processor 2550K as a refresh to their line up.

Then Intel should have decreased the price of 2500K which they didn't. :twisted:

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^In all this stuff one more thing is also true that Intel 2500k has been on sale from jan 2011 and Amd has just launched its bulldozer......!

It can be called financial success if it is able to sell atleast like the intel processors got sold back in Q1-Q2-Q3-Q4 of this year
It has not even completed a quarter(3 months quota) of this year
And i know Intel is too greedy with is processor pricing..no price cuts yet
see this happens when one company fails to produce competitive product against a giant.
True 1st 8 core processor but doesn't produce results as 8 core machine..!
If they can sort out this issue in PD then they are good to go!!!!
Any ways Amd does fail on the first time of its product linup and come out with a bang with its second lineup!!!!!

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
Sukesh has shared another link about the Overclocking efficiency of Bulldozer processors. Chek this out:-
AMD's Bulldozer Architecture: Overclocking Efficiency Explored : Overclocking And Undervolting AMD's FX Family

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
AMD needs to earn more money if we want to see more product to come in future. And also keeping Intel in our reach.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
It looks like the much-awaited patch is live now:-

Early Results Achieved with AMD FX Processor Using Windows® 7 Scheduler Update | Game Blog

Waiting for some benchmarks. :neutral:

Here you go:-

Google Translate

Microsoft patches Bulldozer’s performance — we investigate | ExtremeTech

AMD FX-8150 Tested with Latest Windows Hotfixes, Still No Improvement | techPowerUp

Much ado about nothing. ;)

Top Bottom