AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

vaibhav23

In the zone
Newegg.com - AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4100WMGUSBX
dude read the reviews.They seem quite good.
For the best part a man tells that he has unlocked all 8 cores

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you eying for one? ;) That unlocking part is not a sureshot thing buddy, even if its true. I think its not wise to recommend something based on their hidden capabilities.

Piyush

Lanaya
@piyush Only this is available and I like the performance of this lappy.Quite good for gaming.
Asus X Series X53TA-SX096D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

the only downside is the clock speed ...only 1.4 ghz
though it has pretty good gfx support
thanks for the link though

vaibhav23

In the zone
the only downside is the clock speed ...only 1.4 ghz
though it has pretty good gfx support
thanks for the link though
the proccy gets quite easily OC to 2-2.4 Ghz but still does not heat too much.If you are eyeing one you can get it for 28k locally

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opterons out now:-

AMD 16-core Opteron Processors Now Available < AMD, Processor, Servers, Office and Enterprise < PC World India News < PC World.in

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
I don't think its an 8 core... CMT's like Intel's SMT > only difference.. instead of bottle necking the resources of a core... you have 2 separate integer execution units.. thats about ALLLL(except for the cache difference)!!!!!!

It can decode a max of 16 instructions vs 12 of PII and i7 2600k can also do 16 instructions at once - Nothing 8core like here...

ALU/AGU Count = 4/4 per module (2x 2/2 per core) in BD Core. 3/3 per core in Phenom II Line. 3/2 in Sandybridge.

FPU = 2x128bit/1x256 in BD. 2x128bit in PII. While SB is capable of 2x256bit AVX instructions.

FX-8150 seems like an improvement to PII X4 at the very maximum when the hardware it carries in it falls short in most cases and equals in a few to that in an i7 quad core...

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some more Opteron news:-

TYAN Unveails 19 platforms supporting AMD OPTERON? 6200 AND4200 at SC11

mrcool63

Journeyman
Guys as of now three supercomputers are being designed using bulldozer opteron processors..:) awesome... new one is by university of michigan or princeton or some one which folds a lot:)

would you guys recommend i go for fx8120 with a m5a97 pro? any increase compared to a 925/955

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Price cut on AMD CPUs including FX6100, which is now on par with PII X4 970. At today's exchange rate its showing Rs 7855/-. Will Indian distis/retailers do something?

Source: AMD tweaks APU prices; releases Athlon II 651 CPU

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, here is the review of Bulldozer based Opteron Processor:
AnandTech - Bulldozer for Servers: Testing AMD's "Interlagos" Opteron 6200 Series

Here, Bulldozer is really performing well compared to the price point. It is performing very close to Xeon 5650 and 5670 which are resonably pricer, especially 5670, almost twice as costly as Opteron 6276. Check it out.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Much better than the Desktop parts. Nothing ground breaking, but superb value nonetheless.

sukesh1090

Adam young
Its a good news that atleast in server processor world the bulldozer gave what it was expected to be.
@skud,
hey look at the last comment from the anadtech,opteron is now showing good performance and there is still some more juice in that processor but needs to be utilized in proper way which anandtech have promised to show.so we will wait and watch.

Top Bottom