All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Re: All TV Shows Related Discussions Here

Yes it is slow to start, could be too slow for few, but the premise was interesting for me to continue. plus there was something about Raylan, 'cowboy' style attire. that wanted me to comeback ...lol, guess it did pay off in the later half of the season, which is decently paced and last few episodes were truly enjoyable ......

It went "6" seasons, what else do you expect ..... :)
Moar

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Finished the leftovers. Season 1 was good but season 2 is AMAZING! Highly recommend you guys watch it.

And it also got renewed for a final season 3!

Fargo ?

--

Watched E01 of Jessica Jones, didn't like it at all.

BTW How come Jessica lifted that car ? :?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Fargo ?

--

She's a third grade hero.
Has somewhat strength and hiiiigh jump ability.

A wiki read may help you understand the character more.

Pasapa

Live to die another day

Fargo ?

--

She's a super hero with super human strength?

Edit: Started house of cards. Kevin spacey is awesome..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Well, I didn't take Jessica Jones series as a superhero show. It felt more like a physiological show with elements of super powers. And if you look the show from that perspective you would probably appreciate it more.

Just because the show is from Marvel, I don't think it should be compared to DareDevil, or Iron man or Wonder Women.

The show's premise felt like it could have been a season 3 or season 4 show. The character of Jessica was the one with a dark past, like she's gone through hell. And she seemed to have played it well. Although many argue that its her usual character in series and movies, but it worked for her in Jessica Jones.

Talking about the villain, well he's a great actor too. And his motivations were not to take over the world or something (which he could probably do btw) but more in tune with what a genuine psychopath would be.

So in that sense too, it was different than your usual marvel story. And while the show have an impact on my mind (for better or for worse), I do appreciate the show for its subtle references to superhero philosophies.

I distinctively remember a conversation between two characters from the show, and will probably remember it for a long time. It went something like this:

Women: "No one can help anyone else. Everyone is on their own".
Man: "If I believe that, I would die".
Man turns and walks away from girl. The emotions on the faces of both man and Women at the point of time were captivating.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl

He wanted MORE ..... :D lol
You know what they say - real life is stranger than fiction. And I don't watch TV to see real life, plenty is already around me. I watch it for fiction. If I am not wrong this series is supposedly fact based or something. Not my cup of tea.

D

Deleted member 118788

Does anyone have watched the Nightwing Mini Series here? If so, what are your opinions on it?

Flake

Linux User

Luther is back. IMDB has listed just two episodes though. Both aired on December 17th. Loved Idris Elba's performance in earlier seasons.

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Finished Homeland. Finale could have been much better, kind of on the lines of pre-finale. Nevertheless, a good season, if not the best. Definitely worth watching.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

I rofled when
Damian Dark used force grip on Malcolm merlyn.. Apparently, Damian is a sith
Anyone saw that scene in S04E09

Last edited by a moderator:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl

Just finished Homeland Season 4. Liked it still.

I thought the Haqqani drama would take a different conclusion.

Waiting on Season 5.

dissel

Cyborg Agent

Middle (4 Episodes Done) of the Narcos - The Best Crime - Drama watched so far after The Wire , Looks Like The Sopranos and Boradwalk Empire nothing compared to this.

On the other hand The Strain completely lost it's Oomph factor in Season 2 - Sometime (5 Episode Down) I Lost count as it feels like I'm watching The Walking Dead again but this time all scene made indoor.

icebags

Technomancer

The Expanse (TV Series 2015– ) - IMDb is going very strong, last couple eps especially were very intense and thrilling, has to be one of the top grade space scifi shows, the concept itself it very deep - the sociology, politics, personals trust and mistrust issues are very well thought throughout.

a simple overview of what the show is about would be something like this - there is exploring earth civilization, the militaristic government of mars pushing themselves hard to pursue a dream future, and torn between them remains the colony of belters, looking for an identity.
among all these, a detective searches for a trail of a runaway person, and incidentally discovers something mysterious which goes way above his pay grade. meanwhile two planetary civilizations come to the verge of a space war......

absolutely recommended stuff. :)

(p.s. no specific spoilers leaked !)
[MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION] did u watch the eps 4 & 5 ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom