All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Re: All TV Shows Related Discussions Here

Finished Jessica Jones season 1.
I felt that the villain played exceptionally well, a real cruel and vile villain. He single handedly made the show good to watch.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Just finished with Jessica Jones's 1st episode. Damn. WTF was that!
First Daredevil and now Jessica Jones premiere... is Marvel's series usually so dark!

D

Deleted member 118788

Just finished with Jessica Jones's 1st episode. Damn. WTF was that!
First Daredevil and now Jessica Jones premiere... is Marvel's series usually so dark!

I guess you are saying it sarcastically as Marvel series were never dark. I will watch it today.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

I guess you are saying it sarcastically as Marvel series were never dark. I will watch it today.

I could never have been more serious. I found both Daredevil and Jessican Jones's premiere to be dark. The later one more so.
Do watch it.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

He's saying that cause generally almost all Marvel movies are light hearted and its the DC ones that are dark

But in the TV shows its the opposite lol

D

Deleted member 118788

He's saying that cause generally almost all Marvel movies are light hearted and its the DC ones that are dark

But in the TV shows its the opposite lol

DC TV Shows are completely dark. All old Marvel shows and animated series were light hearted till yet. These 2 new series seems to be dark though.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

^^ Exactly. Like the recent movies too, Ant Man is supposedly not dark. Even the character Deadpool, which could be so much dark (have a dark past) doesn't seem to be too dark a movie, watching the trailer (tho I could be wrong here).

Its like DC and Marvel did a deal or something, so that they can cater to audiences of all types. :conspiracy:

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

Deadpool is a different case lol
That character will always be a trolling one cause that's his personality

D

Deleted member 118788

Deadpool is a different case lol
That character will always be a trolling one cause that's his personality

Yeah, except in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie where he was created by Dr. William Stryker and was shown as a serious character. Though his role was short.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Jessica Jones Season1 6/10

Well a third grade hero given too much importance and too much footage. Story made 10 times darker (I doubt if she had her original comics such slow paced, dark and gloomy with sex scenes)
Last 3 episodes were good though.

Mr. Robot 7.5/10

I felt cheated when the show ended.

A concept so much alike with "Fight Club" and here trying to pose as 'new'. Even the crisis it talks on final episode after the hack was the one "Fight Club" was looking for and achieved. Rami Malek was brilliant though.

Supergirl Season 1 till Episode 4

Hmmm. Not impressed with the show but the girl is really cute. Might just watch it for her.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Oh man... I watched so much TV Shows lately that I think I need to take a break.

It started with Arrow, then Flash. Then Heroes Reborn came, so I rewatched the entire past seasons of Heroes Original run. Next came around Limitless and I followed it till the mid finale. But this time around Supergirl came in and rose my interest. But not before Mr Robot sucked me in with its unique style of production. I was just in the midst of it, that I heard about Quantico, and with Priyanka as lead I started to follow it too. When DC series was about to go on a winter break I wondered why aren't there any Marvel shows. Its then that I came to know about Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

And today I finished Jessica Jones and not feeling good. The show was very dark, sometimes gory and that didn't make me feel good at all. I think I need to take a break now. I can't watch Daredevil before restoring myself back to the world.

Dammit.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Daredevil is way way better than Jessica Jones.

I didn't say Jessica was bad. It was good in its own twisted way. But the show had a very prominent under tone of negativity that I don't want to allow in my life. Yet somehow it managed to do so.

I don't know if it's just me, but the show I watch tends to alter my mood and behavior IRL. (Which is why I don't like horror movies). So while I watched JJ, I couldn't help but feel like sh!t'. I think the feeling will last long than I would like to hold.

Show wasn't in particular bad though. Though she went too easy on the villain in the end. I was screaming towards Jessica to give him more. Alas, she didn't.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

I tried Justified once. Watched 3 episodes I guess. Couldn't stand it's pace. Left it then and there. I might just try it again after your review.

sygeek

Technomancer

Finished the leftovers. Season 1 was good but season 2 is AMAZING! Highly recommend you guys watch it.

And it also got renewed for a final season 3!

Supergirl Season 1 till Episode 4

Hmmm. Not impressed with the show but the girl is really cute. Might just watch it for her.
You should be watching homeland then :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom