All Soccer Games Discussion!

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^^Oh yeah?Let me tell you that FIFA is closing on pes every passing year and new innovations in the gameplay are making it more realistic than ever.
The ball physics and player movements were quite accurate in FIFA 07,it was the BEST soccer game(on WC difficulty) that I have played.
What more?Konami are sitting on their asses doing nothing.They churn the same thing out year after year with no or very less work on its weak points.
Even if we leave the licenses for a minute,The menu system sucks,the commentary sucks,they didnt even update the transfers,AND WHERE ON EARTH IS THE EMIRATES!!
They only tinker with the strong points of their gameplay and fix the thngs those were never broken.

Regarding all those patches,I will say it sucks as my game freezes in loading screens every now and then after patching,and those patches are community contributions,not konami's.

I have had enough troubles with PES and I will rather wait for Fifa 08 to come out.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Re: EA Sports FIFA 08 to kick PES this time!

wizrulz said:
Can i jump into ur discussion....:D

Okay i also started with FIFA 1998....adn played it til 2005 but later i got my hand to PES and yet i have not installed FIFA game alsthough i have those games with me....and even if i have once or twice ..i have uninstalled it very next hr....:D

Ask any gamer what he values more GAMEPLAY or GRAPHICS and u will get ur answer and thats where PES scores...and what if u say PES graphics are bad...come to my place....i will show u the graphics and moves.....just apply all patches...adn then u can say EA will take another year to beat PES...year after year....

PES ROCKS
Honestly when i was playing PES5 i thought i will never play FIFA games becoz i was addicted to PES after playing so many FIFA games.But when i installed FIFA07 it took me 2 days to get used to it and then i was impressed with FIFA07.Trust me PES6 is same as PES5 no improvement.
And one more thing this time in FIFA08 they have used the new game engine and the ball physics will be different which will make it closer to reality.
@vimal I am also waiting for FIFA08 and it will be the best game we have ever played.Regarding PES7 i guess they will update the rosters only with the new crap Menu.:mad:

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
PES4 Q's..

Possible to do lil lob/chip shot? pressing 'square' while pressing L1 results in a very long lob(always goes over the goal :( )

Any techniques/tips for defending set-pieces (corners)? like position players to stand in front of the oppposition.
The comp seems to get many goals from corners.

and are there any patches for commentary/menu or for keyboard play?

Last edited:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
chesss said:
PES4 Q's..

Possible to do lil lob/chip shot? pressing 'square' while pressing L1 results in a very long lob(always goes over the goal :( )

Any techniques/tips for defending set-pieces (corners)? like position players to stand in front of the oppposition.
The comp seems to get many goals from corners.

and are there any patches for commentary/menu or for keyboard play?

I think it is the same in every PES game till date. Press L1+shoot without the directional buttons to do a lob/chip shot over the goalie.

While defending corners you conceded, position one of your center backs near the near post. This will help you defend corners and the computer will have a hard time scoring from normal difficulty. This works for me.:)

Tip: While attacking from corners keep pressed R2 while taking the corner kick to add swerve/bend to the corner delivery.

Last edited:
OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
digitized said:

While defending corners you conceded, position one of your center backs near the near post. This will help you defend corners and the computer will have a hard time scoring from normal difficulty. This works for me.:)

Same here..works for me too...only sometimes far post or strong players beat it and score...i can 1 out of 15 does it

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
digitized said:

Tip: While attacking from corners keep pressed L2 while taking the corner kick to add swerve/bend to the corner delivery.

Sorry, wrongly posted previously. You have to keep R2 pressed to add swerve.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
L1+shoot without the directional buttons to do a lob/chip shot over the goalie.
This always results in a long lob. i just want a lil chip shot.

While defending corners you conceded, position one of your center backs near the near post. This will help you defend corners and the computer will have a hard time scoring from normal difficulty. This works for me.

Tip: While attacking from corners keep pressed R2 while taking the corner kick to add swerve/bend to the corner delivery.
Thanks R2 gives a nice dip. For defending corners I recently discovered running my goalie(with the through pass button).

hullap

Cyborg Agent
Have you tried rebona. See this

Watch Rebona Video I
1. Finding the Player

There are two player characteristic that must be meet in order for the player to perform the Rebona. They are:
• The player must have the 'Technique' stat above '85'.
• The player must have the 'Weak Foot Frequency' stat below '3'.

A few common players that fall into this category are:
• Messi (Barcelona)
• Recoba (Internazionale)
• Yeste (Atletico Bilbao)
• C. Ronaldo (Manchester United)

2. The Rules

Aside from the stat criteria, there is also one more rule. In order to make the player preform the Rebona, you must put that player into an awkward shooting position that will make them want to shoot with their weak foot. There is no special button combination that allows you to preform it from any angle etc. Only you can execute the Rebona.

3. Positioning of the Run

• Position your player capable of preforming the Rebona onto the side of the pitch that is the same as their dominant foot. (EG. Left Foot/Left Side)
• Begin a movement down the wing until you come to a distance that you are comfortable at shooting from.
• Turn 90° so that you perpendicularly bisect your run down the wing. Your player should now be running towards the opposite side of the pitch.
• A typical position to release a Rebona shot is shown in the first video. This position puts pressure on the user to use his weak foot and is a simple angle to get used to using the shot from. Watch the video and try out the shot to get a feel as to how to preform the shoot. You could then start trying shoots from different angles and using different players. I would recommend using Recoba to begin with. Once you've got the hang of it, you could begin to use some more advanced techniques and score some spectacular goals, as below.

Rebona Video II

digitized said:
I think it is the same in every PES game till date. Press L1+shoot without the directional buttons to do a lob/chip shot over the goalie.

You can even press R1 when you leave Square

Last edited:

soccer2007

Right off the assembly line
I have WE pes 2007 and I downloaded the super patch and followed the steps of installation and it DIDN'T work,it says it is not installed properly,I tried many times but I don't know what is the problem?!!
I downloaded Dkz studio and I it is in spanish,I think!
Also,I can't understand what is the file to be overwritten IS it to be replaced or what?! cause my exe name is not like that of the patch and I tried diferrent ways but with no result !!
I'm SO UPSET, PLEASE HELP,PLEASE !! FAST !!

hullap

Cyborg Agent
I'll teach you rebona(again).go here *video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1577048617828397982

More players can do it.just experiment

digitized said:
Sorry, wrongly posted previously. You have to keep R2 pressed to add swerve.
actually r2 make thre ball high trajedy.l2 makes it swerve

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
more Q's Pes4

In master league the comp player does a number of fouls that go unpunished. Bug maybe?

After practising free kicks it seems that scoring from a free kick near the D(17-18m) is tougher than from a lil distance(21+m). the ball either goes over the goal or hits the wall from 17m while from a farther distance I have scored a times..

hullap

Cyborg Agent
Ill tell you how to score goo free kick
1.17-19m,to shoot press circle for a split second and aim for a corner the ball should just chip into the net
2.20-25m,to shoot use down +square halfway the power bar.use left or right for swerve
3.26-32m,to shoot use UP + square a little more than halfway the power bar.use left or right for swerve

soccer2007

Right off the assembly line
WHY DIDN'T ANY ONE ANSWER???!!!!
PLEASE HELP!!
I have WE pes 2007 and I downloaded the super patch and followed the steps of installation and it DIDN'T work,it says it is not installed properly,I tried many times but I don't know what is the problem?!!
I downloaded Dkz studio and I it is in spanish,I think!
Also,I can't understand what is the file to be overwritten IS it to be replaced or what?! cause my exe name is not like that of the patch and I tried diferrent ways but with no result !!
I'm SO UPSET, PLEASE HELP,PLEASE !! FAST !!

Top Bottom